• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears post game

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It looks to me like Kamren Curl, Darrick Forest, and Percy Butler are so cognizant of the fact that Washington’s linebackers cannot make plays against the run that they are constantly cheating forward, which in turn makes them late in helping out on deep throws.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrique Stevenson and Terell Smith combined for 15 tackles. Gervon Dexter Sr. had two quarterback pressures and a tipped pass. Zacch Pickens made a tackle inside. Darnell Wright held his own against a formidable defensive end. All in all, it was a pretty good night for the rookies.
Oh wait. Those are the Chicago Bears' rookies.
How did their Washington Commanders' counterparts do? Let’s take a look.
The top pick got benched after getting torched for the second straight week. Second pick? Didn’t see him out there. Third pick? Didn’t play. Fourth? Didn’t make the roster. Fifth and sixth? Inactive. Seventh? See the second pick.
It’s still very early and some of these players could certainly develop into quality pros. But five games into their first season, this is shaping up to be Washington’s least productive draft class in at least a decade.
It begins with Emmanuel Forbes, the talented cornerback who has struggled mightily the last two weeks. I’m still not too worried because he’s young and it’s early, but consider this:
Christian Gonzalez, Brian Branch, JuJu Brents, and D.J. Turner are all performing at a high level for their teams. All four cornerbacks were drafted after the Commanders took Forbes.
At least four other rookie corners, all drafted after Forbes, are starting or playing serious minutes for their teams, including the aforementioned Stevenson.
Washington is getting virtually nothing from its draft picks - especially its top two picks who were supposed to elevate the secondary. If you watched the Bears game, you will note that it hasn't.
To add insult to injury, a cornerback drafted by Washington did play a big game on Thursday. Greg Stroman, who could never stay healthy when he was in D.C., was a true monster of the midway for Chicago.

Next
Home/Commanders News

its early however criticism of this draft so far is justified

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It looks to me like Kamren Curl, Darrick Forest, and Percy Butler are so cognizant of the fact that Washington’s linebackers cannot make plays against the run that they are constantly cheating forward, which in turn makes them late in helping out on deep throws.
That is a mistake on those three players, you play outside the design of the defense and BOOM and explosive. It is free lancing. Same thing happened to Forbes the week before. He made some good plays against WR screens so they faked it he lost his man for a TD.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying Young rushes way too far outside and Sweat does it alittle too much as well

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post after post about Forbes and yet nothing about Fuller, St. Juste and Forrest. Forbes barely played in the 1st half .... what gamess are you watching. The ENTIRE secondary was bad.
Yeah, they were, I'll say this about Fuller. He had good coverage a couple times it was just a better throw or he was a split second late. The safety play though has been complete n total garbage. If that kid who they drafted in rd 2 is a safety n he can't crack this line up. Than fuckin damn it to all hell.

@kbso83432 If that tweet was accurate that someone posted. Caleb wants no parts of the Skins. Truth be told. I don't blame em. Hell, if I could. I'd drop em faster than a hot crack pipe.

I still can't figure out how 2 former linebackers have no respect for the LB position.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they were, I'll say this about Fuller. He had good coverage a couple times it was just a better throw or he was a split second late. The safety play though has been complete n total garbage. If that kid who they drafted in rd 2 is a safety n he can't crack this line up. Than fuckin damn it to all hell.

@kbso83432 If that tweet was accurate that someone posted. Caleb wants no parts of the Skins. Truth be told. I don't blame em. Hell, if I could. I'd drop em faster than a hot crack pipe.

I still can't figure out how 2 former linebackers have no respect for the LB position.
I saw that tweet. It's hard to imagine Caleb telling Magic Johnson "no thank you" with the wrs we have. Just as long as the line is fixed for the most part by the draft.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you
On one play Fuller did the same thing as Forbes, he jumped the route and missed the play by inches. I am not out to put either one down, just like to see equal analysis.

That is what forums and fanatics do, they pick a couple of whipping boys .... you know as well as I do it is a team sport and everyone needs to do their job. I agree the safety play has been missing.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that tweet. It's hard to imagine Caleb telling Magic Johnson "no thank you" with the wrs we have. Just as long as the line is fixed for the most part by the draft.
That's one way to look at it. Another possible way is the Skins have been a train wreck his entire life. Though so have the Raiders and Devante Adams just recently said the Raiders aren't going about the correct way to build a winning culture. Minnesota hasn't busted a grape in Williams lifetime and while their fans talk a lotta shit. Neither has Dallas, but they are w/o a doubt the NFL's most loved n hated team. Can't say I get the NY love either. Though they have won titles in Willaims lifetime. I can see all 4 of those teams showing interest to acquoite him. The only team not in the mix will be the 9ers.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On one play Fuller did the same thing as Forbes, he jumped the route and missed the play by inches. I am not out to put either one down, just like to see equal analysis.

That is what forums and fanatics do, they pick a couple of whipping boys .... you know as well as I do it is a team sport and everyone needs to do their job. I agree the safety play has been missing.
I get it. Forbes while having a rough couple weeks is just a rookie, but he's been singled out unfairly. It reminds me of what Skins fans did to Walt Harrizs back in 2005 cuz of a bad game against Tampa Bay.

They got their wish and Harris cut or not asked back for the 2006 season n signed with the 9ers. The Skins signed Mike Rumph and Kenny Wright. That year the Skins had 6 INTs as a team and Harris had 8 INTs by himself playing a couple more solid season s for the 9ers after that.

The entire defense has been for shit, but this is where the Skins seem to be every year under RR at this time. Something is different though this time. There's still something rotten infesting Redskin Park.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. Forbes while having a rough couple weeks is just a rookie, but he's been singled out unfairly. It reminds me of what Skins fans did to Walt Harrizs back in 2005 cuz of a bad game against Tampa Bay.

They got their wish and Harris cut or not asked back for the 2006 season n signed with the 9ers. The Skins signed Mike Rumph and Kenny Wright. That year the Skins had 6 INTs as a team and Harris had 8 INTs by himself playing a couple more solid season s for the 9ers after that.

The entire defense has been for shit, but this is where the Skins seem to be every year under RR at this time. Something is different though this time. There's still something rotten infesting Redskin Park.
I am looking forward to harris getting his chance to build the team.
I was arguing with Dean about this a few days ago. You can't tell me that Harris got buy in from several investors by saying that his plan to earn money and turn around the organization is to keep everything the same as it is.
It makes no sense.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward to harris getting his chance to build the team.
I was arguing with Dean about this a few days ago. You can't tell me that Harris got buy in from several investors by saying that his plan to earn money and turn around the organization is to keep everything the same as it is.
It makes no sense.
True. The Skins r probably headed for a 9-8 or 8-9 season. Hopefully that's not enough to keep his gig.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. The Skins r probably headed for a 9-8 or 8-9 season. Hopefully that's not enough to keep his gig.
That's my fear.
I hope it doesn't come at the end of the season and confuse harris. My guess is magic has seen enough. He can see the signs of defeat and success as a player, coach, and owner.

I personally hope that Harris, rales, and magic have made up their mind to move forward and have a short list of GM candidates. I sick of the "what is the minimum amount of games Rivera needs to win" game.

That being said 8 or 9 wins clearly isn't enough to entertain him staying here IMO.
His demeanor clearly shows he is checking out or had done so.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO but he looks like he knows D Day is coming. He has been down this road before and it didn't go well.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am sure they are looking at front office people already . they have to see what they have on the field first
he,s a decent and smart investor so with 6 billion invested i,m sure he,s been looking
i never take anything that prick says as fact,they should have kept hassleback before him.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this will go down as snyder,s last failing success at attempting for success as owner in dc
Add in the name change and those are the last 2 of Snyder's alleged "good ideas"

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the team is on pace to set the record for points and sacks allowed in a season. Ron definitely has some work to do to. Lol