• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears LB Danny Trevathan's Hit on Packers WR Davante Adams (Video)

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't lead with the crown of helmet under any circumstances.
You need to read the rules. It isn't a penalty to "lead" with anything. And for contact with the crown to be flagged, it has to happen in the "open field" as defined by the rules.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That hit wasn't necessary... He was going down anyway... #59 was out of line..

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If DT did not have a hard shell on the top of his head, does anyone here think he would have made that hit?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams wasnt exactly being classy all game. He was getting into it with different bears all game. It looked like a shut your damn mouth hit, and it worked. Not saying that I agree with it, but it happens. If it happened to any team in the nfl, I'm glad it was the packers.
Yep, I did in fact type those words. But in the context of the post it implies that I'd rather it not happen to anyone.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I did in fact type those words. But in the context of the post it implies that I'd rather it not happen to anyone.

Don't get how that implies you'd rather it not happen to anyone but still.... It's been a while since I've seen ya, have to give you a hard time :D

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, fuck the Packers. :happy:

I wish him a speedy recovery tho. Never like to see that.
That was practically what I was saying. I don't want it to happen to anyone, but fuck the packers, I don't care. They always talk about the QB list when the bears play the packers, but they never talk about why we got screwed out of a franchise QB.

McMahon was never the same after that. Fuck the packers.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't lead with the crown of helmet under any circumstances.

I contend that at it can't be helped at times. RBs, WRs and even QBs don't seem to fall under that same restriction as defensive players do. Nor do they seem subject to the same rules regarding putting their hands on a defensive players helmet or face-mask.

I understand the rationale behind why the QB gets extra protection though its gotten to be ridiculous now. Some of these "protection" penalties are simply contrary to how football is played. Such as "hitting a defenseless player."

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I contend that at it can't be helped at times. RBs, WRs and even QBs don't seem to fall under that same restriction as defensive players do. Nor do they seem subject to the same rules regarding putting their hands on a defensive players helmet or face-mask.

I understand the rationale behind why the QB gets extra protection though its gotten to be ridiculous now. Some of these "protection" penalties are simply contrary to how football is played. Such as "hitting a defenseless player."
The difference between and offensive player putting their head down and running behind their pads is to make the target to hit smaller. When a defensive player puts their head down and uses the crown of their helmet, they're usually doing it to use it as a ram, then to make it worse they use it as a ram to hit somebody in the helmet.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO. It Looked like Adams was trying to spin out of the tackle.....................

With that being said. That was still no call for a helmet shot

If i was Goodell. Full season that could be cut down to 9 max. There is no room for shots like this

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that was unfortunate, but Danny T is a thumper and DaVante ended up thumped. They will unjuestly fine Danny T and he and the NFLPA will accept while offering some meek resistance and on down the rabbit hole we go.
Yep, moving target, I'd let him off

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between and offensive player putting their head down and running behind their pads is to make the target to hit smaller. When a defensive player puts their head down and uses the crown of their helmet, they're usually doing it to use it as a ram, then to make it worse they use it as a ram to hit somebody in the helmet.

How do you know an offensive player puts his head down or leads with his helmet. Simply to make himself small every time an offensive player does lead with his helmet? You don't so you can't say that with all knowing certainty. Just like I can't say with all knowing certainty that every time a RB or WR knows his QB hung him out to dry or threw a shitty pass he has no chance to catch. If he's lucky some poor SOB of a DB is about to collide with him and if he acts well enough, grabs his face-mask, winces around hard enough on the ground. They have a decent shot at getting a defenseless player flag thrown on the poor SOB defender. I do believe it happens though.

That's another problem with these bullshit protection rules for offensive players. Too many times they just serve to deflate a defense after making a good/great stand only to have an offense be gifted a fresh set of downs.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody was ever taught to go helmet to helmet on a gang tackle.
I'm pretty sure no one has ever been taught to go helmet to helmet on any tackle. That's just dumb on so many levels.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rockford:

The Seahawks have as many headhunters as any team in the league and more than most.
I can't believe I'm saying this. The Seahawks hit hard, most of the time clean and very rarely if ever do they lead with the helmet.
Having said that they will dish out a cheap shot often enough. Shermans little blind siding that dude 40 yards off the ball last year comes to mind right away. I know he had others. Kam on Gronk...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not. They're taught that from pee-wee ball. See what you hit. Never lower your head and use it as a weapon. That's a great way to paralyze yourself or your target. This merits a suspension.
Why are people still making excuses for improper tackling. YOU DON'T LEAD WITH YOUR HEAD.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you dumb fuckers who think that was a legal hit probably approve of this too.