• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears LB Danny Trevathan's Hit on Packers WR Davante Adams (Video)

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like a good hit to me.

Nothing wrong with a little headhunting from time to time.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was nasty. Scariest part was how his teammates all immediately began waving for the medics.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams wasnt exactly being classy all game. He was getting into it with different bears all game. It looked like a shut your damn mouth hit, and it worked. Not saying that I agree with it, but it happens. If it happened to any team in the nfl, I'm glad it was the packers.

So you're glad a player was knocked out cold by a cheap shot?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're glad a player was knocked out cold by a cheap shot?

He's apparently not the only one. More than a few mouth breathers share his opinion. I know this. Last season, my grandson's HS team was playing a rival. One of the kids on that team did this exact thing to one of my grandson's teammates. That young man did not play again the rest of the year (5 games). Nor did he play basketball as he had done the previous two years.

That shit is not acceptable.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was nasty. Scariest part was how his teammates all immediately began waving for the medics.

I'm sure he was bleeding from the mouth, looked like a tooth flew out. Lifeless and bleeding, scary stuff.

Not sure if a suspension will happen, but a big fine will. A suspension is probably merited here.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the play live. Still trying to figure out how/why he wasn't ejected.

I think the referees were in touch with the way the game was going. I am sure I will be called a homer or worse, but if you paid attention to the game, each and every time there was an altercation on the field, it was 17 jumping in to get involved.

Earlier in the season, 17 was the guy that ended up getting that cornerback thrown out of the game with a cheap shot that the CB got ejected for. All game they talked about how 18 had problems with that CB.

17 is a dirty player. Sometimes karma balances things out.

I was fully expecting one of those 4 guards to chop DT and take out his knee again.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been suspended, sounded really remorseful and concerned, definitely not an intentional hit

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw it live I thought the flag was unwarranted. Then I saw the replay and thought that not only was a flag warranted but he should be suspended.

That was a vicious cheap shot and even if he wasn't trying to injure the player, DT needs to be more aware of his actions.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been suspended, sounded really remorseful and concerned, definitely not an intentional hit

I don't think he meant to hit him like that. But he lowered his crown and drilled it into the other player. That is the sort of hit that really needs to be outlawed.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really senseless hit, imo. No need to go for the "big blow" when your team mate already has the guy wrapped up and stopped. I don't think there was some intent to hurt a guy, just some stupidity in the heat of the action.
Hope the kid recovers okay but that could have been really scary. That is career ending shit or even possibly life ending shit.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he meant to hit him like that. But he lowered his crown and drilled it into the other player. That is the sort of hit that really needs to be outlawed.
It is called a tackle, know it or not, but that "sort of hit" happens all the time, all the time. This time it happened to knock the player out. Notice the flag didn't come out right away? Notice it took a second for the refs to see the player out before they tossed the flag. Had he popped up, guess what... No flag. That "sort of hit" again, happens all the time. Ever see a player hurdle another player, because he lowered his head to make a hit and the player jumped over him? Same attempted "sort of hit".

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a fine is all that is needed. Trevathan doesn't have a history of dirty hits.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is called a tackle, know it or not, but that "sort of hit" happens all the time, all the time. This time it happened to knock the player out. Notice the flag didn't come out right away? Notice it took a second for the refs to see the player out before they tossed the flag. Had he popped up, guess what... No flag. That "sort of hit" again, happens all the time. Ever see a player hurdle another player, because he lowered his head to make a hit and the player jumped over him? Same attempted "sort of hit".

It may happen "all the time' jut means there are cheap shots all the time. Flag them all.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may happen "all the time' jut means there are cheap shots all the time. Flag them all.
It is the way guys tackle, way guys run, RB's get helmet to helmet hit all the freaking time by guys running at them fulls speed, while they're running full speed. It is part of the game. You start telling players they can't go helmet to helmet on any other player, take the helmets off, play rugby.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I fundamentally disagree. A player driving the crown into another player's facemask does NOT happen all the time. Because when it does happen, the result tends to be what happened last night.

The league has a huge image problem with CTE. If it doesn't properly address this, it is going to kill the league. These sorts of hits are one of the biggest problems.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the way guys tackle, way guys run, RB's get helmet to helmet hit all the freaking time by guys running at them fulls speed, while they're running full speed. It is part of the game. You start telling players they can't go helmet to helmet on any other player, take the helmets off, play rugby.

Nobody was ever taught to go helmet to helmet on a gang tackle.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except it's not how all players tackle. The Seahawks, for instance, make a strong emphasis to tackle properly. Helmet up, warp the player and twist.

Helmet to helmet tackles ARE illegal. They just don't call it very often.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Romo was wrong in his "the player was already wrapped up". 64 for Green Bay was pushing the pile, whistle had not blown, Travathen had every right to get in there and stop the progression. Looks like Adams was swung into DT by the guy wrapping him up who was being pushed by 64, so it looks to me like 64 is partially responsible for spinning Adams into DT.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams was running his mouth up a few TDs. LB gonna git cha