• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears LB Danny Trevathan's Hit on Packers WR Davante Adams (Video)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the referees were in touch with the way the game was going. I am sure I will be called a homer or worse, but if you paid attention to the game, each and every time there was an altercation on the field, it was 17 jumping in to get involved.

Earlier in the season, 17 was the guy that ended up getting that cornerback thrown out of the game with a cheap shot that the CB got ejected for. All game they talked about how 18 had problems with that CB.

17 is a dirty player. Sometimes karma balances things out.

I was fully expecting one of those 4 guards to chop DT and take out his knee again.

Using numbers instead of names is a form of dehumanization. Football is a game, not a war. Yes, the Packers and Bears are old rivals, but the kids on the field are humans with families and should be treated by all fans as such.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you uninformed opinion is noted but has little to do with my point.

3 years later, Pete Carroll’s "rugby style tackling" video still changing football

Ohio State has adopted their approach
Rutgers has adopted their approach.

Here is the video that they presented.

2014 Seahawks Tackling

It specifically is designed to keep the helmet up which reduces helmet to helmet.

My uninformed opinion? :fap:

Pretending the Seahawks don't have their share of headhunters makes you sound like an idiot bandwagon fan.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My uninformed opinion? :fap:

Pretending the Seahawks don't have their share of headhunters makes you sound like an idiot bandwagon fan.

Where did I say anything about head hunting?

You're just trying to turn this into a Seahawk flame war. Not interested.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams was still fighting for extra yardage. Good, clean hit.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helmet to helmet tackles ARE illegal. They just don't call it very often.
Depends on the situation. There isnt a rule called "helmet to helmet." That happens on every single play. A blow to the head/neck area of a DEFENSELESS player is a penalty. Initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet in the open field is a penalty (hardly ever called). Merely hitting someone in the helmet with one's own helmet during a tackle is not a penalty without other factors present. This hit looked bad, so i think the refs felt they had to penalize it.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say anything about head hunting?

You're just trying to turn this into a Seahawk flame war. Not interested.

I said it, you attempted to refute it in your own special, condescending way.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If DT put that shot on Crowder, your tune would be very different, trust me.

Sure, but not in the way you might think. I don't think the hit was dirty it was unfortunate though. But in a collision game played at times within the dimensions of a small shed or one car garage. By players many of whom can be 240 pounds or more and some of them possessing 4.5 speed in the 40 and capable of reaching close to top speed in a matter of 5 or 6 yards. Guys are going to get hurt. Its inevitable.

A few years back I read that the goal of the NFL is going to a place where defenders must give a pass catcher at least 2 steps before said pass catcher can be touched by a defender. At the time it seemed like crazy talk, but incidents like last night are hastening that day.

And if the NFL was sincere and serious about player safety. They would get rid of the one piece of a football uniform that can easily and readily be used to beat a person to death. That being the helmet. Make players take their helmets off and make them responsible for protecting their noggins. The drop in the number of head to head hits would be tremendous. Now would that eliminate head injuries? Nope and it could serve to be just as dangerous if not moreso than wearing a helmet. The bottom line is that if the game of football is properly played. There is no way possible to prevent head injures and CTE from being an inevitable consequence of doing so.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Leading with the crown of your helmet is a penalty.
Not necessarily. The rule specifically states that it must be both in the "open field" *and* initiate *forcible contact*. "Leading" is not part of it.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams was still fighting for extra yardage. Good, clean hit.
Too bad Golden Tate couldn't manage to fight for a little extra yardage, am I right?

HEYYOOOOO!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it, you attempted to refute it in your own special, condescending way.

Right. You tried to change the subject. I said it had little to do with my point.

Your point being uninformed is kinda a given so I guess I didn't need to point that out but stating the obvious never hurts.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unjustly? How in God's name do you figure THAT out? Dirty hit plain and simple, and was supposed to have been an automatic ejection for being blatant.

Surprisingly probably in the same way you figured it to be a dirty hit. I made a judgement call.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his presser he tried explaing he was just trying to finish the play. Look dude you went straight in head first. When will these players start using their shoulders and wrapping up and tackling? If the NFL is serious about these flagrant hits and safety they need to start suspending these hits four games.

Looked like the way Adams was swung. His head had no choice as to where it would end up. Which unfortunately was pretty much where Danny T had already set his strike zone. And as he was already committed to striking Adams. Neither he nor Adams could do anything to prevent what would happen.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like the way Adams was swung. His head had no choice as to where it would end up. Which unfortunately was pretty much where Danny T had already set his strike zone. And as he was already committed to striking Adams. Neither he nor Adams could do anything to prevent what would happen.
You don't lead with the crown of helmet under any circumstances.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't lead with the crown of helmet under any circumstances.

Of course not. They're taught that from pee-wee ball. See what you hit. Never lower your head and use it as a weapon. That's a great way to paralyze yourself or your target. This merits a suspension.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leading with the crown of your helmet is not a tackle. Everything you point out after that is a lame attempt to justify him spearing with the crown of his helmet.

If this was turned around and somebody on the Packers laid that hit on Howard, I'm positive your stance would be 100% the opposite of this bullshit.
Been part of the game and continues to be part of the game... RB's lead with the crown of thier helmet, see it all the time with Safeties and Corner Backs, hell the other day a TE hurdled a CB who looked down and led with the crown of his helmet, made him look like a fool. Your point?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been part of the game and continues to be part of the game... RB's lead with the crown of thier helmet, see it all the time with Safeties and Corner Backs, hell the other day a TE hurdled a CB who looked down and led with the crown of his helmet, made him look like a fool. Your point?
You don't use the crown of your helmet and ram it into the helmet of an opposing player.

I read the rest of this nonsense as: I saw a dog licking his balls the other day. Basically it has the same to do with "running behind your pads" or hurdling a player...

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't use the crown of your helmet and ram it into the helmet of an opposing player.

I read the rest of this nonsense as: I saw a dog licking his balls the other day. Basically it has the same to do with "running behind your pads" or hurdling a player...
you flinch you use the crown of the helmet, goal line stand watch running backs lower thier head and get low, it is part of play in the nfl. You don't like it, I get it. You scroll up, you would see my solution. Take the helmets off, play it rugby style. Until then, players on both sides of the ball are going to use their head, they're going to mis judge where they hit someone and it's going to look bad. That is the nature of the beast. Like it or not.