• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears LB Danny Trevathan's Hit on Packers WR Davante Adams (Video)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being 3,000+- miles away is only relevant when it's me making the comment?

It's weird that you seem to be so obsessed about a team that isn't a rival of your teams and isn't near you. OTOH, it's not weird that @NWPATSFAN lives 3000 miles away from the Patriots but is a Patriots fan and doesn't care much for the Seahawks because he deals with a lot of Seahawk fans.

The only person obsessing about them is you. So much so that you jumped right in to their defense and made a ridiculous statement that I just proved wrong.

Huh? You started going down this path because I mentioned that the Seahawks teach how to tackle in a way that specifically avoids helmet to helmet hits in response to someone saying that you can't eliminate these types of tackles. That got your panties completely twisted up and you decided it was time to start calling the Seahawks cheap shot artists, for some weird obsessive reason.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevathan isn't known for dirty hits...or at least I am unaware of it. That hit certainly crosses the current line the NFL has set. If he's clean to this point, I'm good with a big fine/no suspension.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical. I lay out the facts so you of course ignore the post.

You have been wrong since your first comment, but hey, don't give up now!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs did not blow the whistle so a LB tried to knock the ball loose. He was going for a ball loosening hit when the player ducked and got swung. I don't see deliberate in it. Sure a fine is in order. I don't see dirty.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You two need to take this to PM or something or better yet, just stop. It's fucking pathetic, seriously. Every second thread turns into this shit show. Now queue the "he started it" shit like a couple of 6 year olds.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs did not blow the whistle so a LB tried to knock the ball loose. He was going for a ball loosening hit when the player ducked and got swung. I don't see deliberate in it. Sure a fine is in order. I don't see dirty.
I think you need to watch the play again. Adams was not ducking. He was being pulled down by #38, but hardly fast enough to justify any kind of ducking. In some of the replays you actually see Adams' eyes slam shut as he sees the helmet coming and he is bracing for the impact.

That said, I'm not ready to call Trevathan a dirty player. He got caught up in the moment, made a really bad decision, and made an illegal hit that could have ended a players' career. He should be penalized and suspended for this play, but I'm not aware that he's had a pattern of these kinds of plays, so no need to put a label on him at this time.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You two need to take this to PM or something or better yet, just stop. It's fucking pathetic, seriously. Every second thread turns into this shit show. Now queue the "he started it" shit like a couple of 6 year olds.

Nah I'm cool.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is a great pic. Does not show Adams ducking at all or the Bear LB wrapping around him. This pic is just after the hit it as Adams is falling to the ground after he is all wrapped by the other Bear player. He came in there like a heat seeking missle head first

upload_2017-9-30_10-18-33.png

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using numbers instead of names is a form of dehumanization. Football is a game, not a war. Yes, the Packers and Bears are old rivals, but the kids on the field are humans with families and should be treated by all fans as such.

Well, I figured that I would have caught more shit for saying their names wrong.

Yes, they are humans, old rivals, this 17 is one of the newer packers, so that gave him permission to get in Hicks face when he tried to help him up?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the best play of the game. Adams breaks that tackle he could have scored

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT got two games and likely appeals it down to one

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing he wasn’t accused of Domestic Violence.