• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears have signed Santonio Holmes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BD, I y'all sign this guy, best of luck to ya!!!
He is a showboater, he thinks its all about him, The one big reason he found himself jobless after being a super bowl MVP. And after that game he hasn't been worth squat, rumor was repeat pot smoker and Pittsburgh just needed a reason so send him packing!!! He never got his feet or his form back with the jets... and honestly I don't see it ever happening!!!
Hopefully he is humbled and hungry and looking to prove the world wrong. But either way were loaded at WR.

The Green Bastard

rat #442 from the SS KFFL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are reporting it's basically a two week try out, but we already knew that- He's a douche bag of a guy... but, "he sure WAS fast"
Maybe B. Marsh can help him out with his assholiness off field...who knows. Worth a shot. GO BEARS!

Well said. It's a no-risk type signing, at this point. I doubt his douche tendencies can do much harm, given how low he is on the totem pole at this point.

And if they do... it'll be that much more satisfying to cut him.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even think about the nonsense you post?

Now you are saying that you have factual knowledge that Brandon marshall never got the wind knocked out of him, had to be helped to the sideline, which is a mandatory play off the field, or waved his arm to bring another receiver into the game after taking a hit.

Brandon marshall and Alshon jeffrey just limp back to the huddle and play every single fucking offensive snap.

What a catch, what a hit, Marshall off the field. I guess the defense can stack the box because the bears are gonna run the ball next play.

Your efforts to target the outsider here are making you look stupid. Go back and go thru your game footage if you need to see that there are times they get knocked off the field.

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If DeCamillas is a gifted special teams coach, I have yet to see it.
What, you don't consider coverage holes that Curtis Enis could run through as a sign of him being a gifted coach? :noidea:

No wonder he's "well-regarded around the league" — everyone else wants another team to keep him employed.

C

cubzzzfanincali

First I heard a deal for the duration of camp, and then a one year deal. No amount though. It's weird. Makes me assume the veteran minimum, which would be great. But I honestly thought we'd have to shell out a little cash, which is why I was iffy about signing him.

If we got him on the cheap, than it's well worth the flyer.

I suspect - don't know, just guessing - he got a little more than the vet minimum, but it would be interesting to find out. As long as it's a million or less I guess there's no real harm in it.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect - don't know, just guessing - he got a little more than the vet minimum, but it would be interesting to find out. As long as it's a million or less I guess there's no real harm in it.

I'm sure it is the minimum, and I agree... No harm in the signing. If he fucks up, he's gone.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, you don't consider coverage holes that Curtis Enis could run through as a sign of him being a gifted coach? :noidea:

No wonder he's "well-regarded around the league" — everyone else wants another team to keep him employed.

He's the Dave Wannstedt of Special Team coaches.....supposedly some type of guru, but in reality just a another dude recycled through the coaching fraternity.

The Green Bastard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You just watch what you say about Curtis Enis! For a split second there - before he blew a tire and then got all Margot Kidder no-teeth naked crazy - he showed some flashes of talent.

Mikefive

KFFL Mod... SportsHoopla nobody
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmes is a fairly unusual NFL thing that is common in baseball... a rent a player.

The Green Bastard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmes is a fairly unusual NFL thing that is common in baseball... a rent a player.

Fiver testing the SportsHoopla waters!

Don't worry - they are way, WAY more welcoming here than the football's futurd mods. And after seeing how things are around here, I'm pretty sure that whole thing at FF was a blessing in disguise.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you are saying that you have factual knowledge that Brandon marshall never got the wind knocked out of him, had to be helped to the sideline, which is a mandatory play off the field, or waved his arm to bring another receiver into the game after taking a hit.

Brandon marshall and Alshon jeffrey just limp back to the huddle and play every single fucking offensive snap.

What a catch, what a hit, Marshall off the field. I guess the defense can stack the box because the bears are gonna run the ball next play.

Your efforts to target the outsider here are making you look stupid. Go back and go thru your game footage if you need to see that there are times they get knocked off the field.

You act like its a fucking common occurrence. And its few and far between those types of hits. EVERY RECIEVER IN THE NFL HAS TAKEN THOSE HITS FOR AS LONG AS THE NFL HAS HAD PASSING GAME. How about you give us proof to where it happened more than common. Put up or shut up.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I don't have stats to show it, but my gut feeling is that by week 17 the NFL has a higher fraction of rented players on the rosters than MLB does in September.

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Five in da house!

Hide your children. (Cos he's gonna make 'em watch PG-13 movies!) :pound:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of the guys mentioned so far in this thread has "break away" speed it would be Williams. 3rd fastest at last years combine I believe.

No clue where this comment came from, Chris Williams wasn't in last years draft. Our Bears signed him last December. He came out of the CFL and before that New Mexico State (2009 he came out). In 2012 he set a CFL record with six return touchdowns to go along with 1,117 punt-return yards for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

Apologies for the inaccuracy.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like its a fucking common occurrence. And its few and far between those types of hits. EVERY RECIEVER IN THE NFL HAS TAKEN THOSE HITS FOR AS LONG AS THE NFL HAS HAD PASSING GAME. How about you give us proof to where it happened more than common. Put up or shut up.

I already asked you to prove where it didn't happen first. I have seen Marshall and Jeffrey leave the field, I cant spend all day going thru game films to show when they laid out for a pass and missed a snap.
When did they play every single offensive snap since they came to the bears. I never said they were gone for a series, for a half, for a quarter, I would rather run Santonio Holmes out on the field on the RARE OCCURRENCE they have to miss a play than someone that wont even be an option. Jeez.

Cant wait for you to start pouncing on the new people, but I guess you gotta feel them out to make sure you dont get over your ski's on someone willing to do your searching for plays everyone has seen.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue where this comment came from, Chris Williams wasn't in last years draft. Our Bears signed him last December. He came out of the CFL and before that New Mexico State (2009 he came out). In 2012 he set a CFL record with six return touchdowns to go along with 1,117 punt-return yards for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

Apologies for the inaccuracy.
6? well that's very good news to hear. I was wondering who might be the return guy but I believe that may answer all questions. Plus being a fellow CFL guy might tug on Trestmans thinking. I know nothing of the kid but already feel better then I ever have when Weems was gonna be the guy.