• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears eat Penguins and the Yankees actually won a game

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy I'm seeing a lot of Red Sox links leading up to the draft....

Colin Moran, 3B, North Carolina

Where will he be drafted?: Baseball America (No. 9 to Pirates); Sports Illustrated (No. 7 to Red Sox): SB Nation (No. 7 to Red Sox); Scout (No. 5 to Indians)

What they're saying:

"A big, strong left-handed-hitting third baseman, Moran has good projection to his frame, meaning he’s likely to grow into more power as he matures. He’s a polished hitter, one who stood out on the Cape this past summer, and he should be able to stay at the hot corner defensively." — Mayo

"Advanced lefthanded hitters who possess the ability to tattoo the Green Monster are always prized in Red Sox Nation." — Perkin

I think they go pitcher....we'll see, haven't seen them draft this high in LOOOONG time...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where will he be drafted?: Baseball America (No. 9 to Pirates); Sports Illustrated (No. 7 to Red Sox): SB Nation (No. 7 to Red Sox); Scout (No. 5 to Indians)

What they're saying:

"A big, strong left-handed-hitting third baseman, Moran has good projection to his frame, meaning he’s likely to grow into more power as he matures. He’s a polished hitter, one who stood out on the Cape this past summer, and he should be able to stay at the hot corner defensively." — Mayo

"Advanced lefthanded hitters who possess the ability to tattoo the Green Monster are always prized in Red Sox Nation." — Perkin

I think they go pitcher....we'll see, haven't seen them draft this high in LOOOONG time...

well, if WMB doesnt work out...

sox have to send him down, retool his swing...everything

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What they're saying:

one benefit from a shitty year, I guess

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What they're saying:

the highest guy i can recall was worcester native rick asadoorian at #17 in 1999. have they picked higher since?

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock's trying to get laid.

When should we expect your open letter to sports chic?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock's trying to get laid.

When should we expect your open letter to sports chic?

as soon as you finish your open letter to joey votto

:humble:

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, did you see that throw by Puig to end the game? Never see arms like that anymore in baseball

that kid might be almost as good as JBJ when all is said and done

There was a kid playing for Lowell Spinners, several years ago, Saba was his last name, threw a guy out at third from deep right field.......on the fly..........don't think he ever made it to the majors

and that, chumps, was my one and only "Down and Nasty" farm system moment for today

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, did you see that throw by Puig to end the game? Never see arms like that anymore in baseball

There was a kid playing for Lowell Spinners, several years ago, Saba was his last name, threw a guy out at third from deep right field.......on the fly..........don't think he ever made it to the majors

and that, chumps, was my one and only "Down and Nasty" farm system moment for today

i will never forget seeing juan gonzalez in his rangers days catching a would be sac-fly on the track in RF at fenway, and absolutely throwing a laser to home plate, from the corner..in the air, no hop...out.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Terrible post

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, if WMB doesnt work out...

sox have to send him down, retool his swing...everything

Perhaps...I think they give him a shot to stay up after he's healthy...he'll rehab in AAA, hopefully they use that time to go over his approach, which is what I think the problem is...he's gone back to his ultra-agressiveness...it's what got him in trouble early on as a pro...

The Sox still have Cecchini...and he's PUMMELING the Sally league right now..should already be in portland IMO...

hitting .364/.481/.580 with 5 HR and 14 SB's, 35:27 BB:K rate....

The man crush is strong with this one....he's the 3b of the future...perhaps as soon as next year at the rate he's hitting...WMB might be the 1b of the future if he can get back to prior form...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the highest guy i can recall was worcester native rick asadoorian at #17 in 1999. have they picked higher since?

Last time they picked this high (7th)?

1993...took some guy named Trot something or other...

David Murphy (now in texas) was also taken 17th...in 03

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
down, youre a minor leageus guy

tyler beede, jays pitcher

drafted in 2011, first round...auburn mass native

i used to bang his older sister

kids doing well at vandy

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will never forget seeing juan gonzalez in his rangers days catching a would be sac-fly on the track in RF at fenway, and absolutely throwing a laser to home plate, from the corner..in the air, no hop...out.

Josh Reddick has that kind of arm...one of he best in MLB right now...

Vladdy.

I win.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds promising Down.. we could use a good 3b in the next couple of years or sooner.. also need a 1b and pitching could always use a fresh arm.. who know maybe the cliff lee rumor will come to fruition..