• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears @ Browns

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah...And that f*cking motion sweep on third and short to Tyler Scott...

...That f*cking Getsy man...GFY with that.
So fucking annoying. There is one of those cutesy retard plays, at least once every fucking game, and almost always on a 3rd or 4th and short. Drives me crazy.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D played pretty dominant, but it doesn't matter when the O shits their pants. Flacco doesn't go for 400, if our O could've sustained some drives.

Eh...If Cleveland is full strength we get mauled in that game. Let's not forget they were missing BOTH of their staring tackles today....and their top backup tackle...and their starting center...and their starting QB. If that happened to us we'd have like 50 yards of offense....much less a QB throw for almost 400 yards...F*ck...We can't even do that full strength. We didn't dominate anything. We're lucky we were in that game. If Flacco is a little more protective of the ball we don't even score a TD today. That's insane. Fans are giving our team WAY too much credit. We've got a long way to go.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just fucking sickening. I don't remember past Bears teams, even some of the shittiest from years past completely blowing three games in a season that they had no business at all losing. So disheartening.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so f*cking tired of Eberflus giving the momentum to the other team. I know it was a 50 yard field goal...BUT WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PASS ON POINTS. We were playing one of the top defenses in the league, on the road, and our offense was not performing well. We should have kicked that field goal to go up 2 scores. It's just inexcusable. Know who you are and the situation. This has happened now multiple times in the Eberflus Era. Infuriating.
How many yards did they run for?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...If Cleveland is full strength we get mauled in that game. Let's not forget they were missing BOTH of their staring tackles today....and their top backup tackle...and their starting center...and their starting QB. If that happened to us we'd have like 50 yards of offense....much less a QB throw for almost 400 yards...F*ck...We can't even do that full strength. We didn't dominate anything. We're lucky we were in that game. If Flacco is a little more protective of the ball we don't even score a TD today. That's insane. Fans are giving our team WAY too much credit. We've got a long way to go.
As usual - You're dumb as fuck

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt they weren't full-strength, but you can only play the course in front of ya. We can both play the "if" game all day, fact is, the D played more than well enough to win today. And the fact still remains, that if the O played better, Flacco would not have had 400 yards. That's just basic logic based on Time of Possession.

Every team is playing with injuries right now. It's football, it's part of the game.

Today's game is a win with a half-competent Offense. Does that mean we'd be world-beaters? No. Would we have said the D played pretty dominant? Of course we would have.

I get being sour...I hate this fucking team, but it's not because of the Defense. They are BY FAR the least or our worries.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual - You're dumb as fuck

F*ck off ya dumb prick bastard. Or write 15 paragraphs about it. I don't give a sh*t.

No unbiased fan thinks we dominated the Browns.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt they weren't full-strength, but you can only play the course in front of ya. We can both play the "if" game all day, fact is, the D played more than well enough to win today. And the fact still remains, that if the O played better, Flacco would not have had 400 yards. That's just basic logic based on Time of Possession.

Every team is playing with injuries right now. It's football, it's part of the game.

Today's game is a win with a half-competent Offense. Does that mean we'd be world-beaters? No. Would we have said the D played pretty dominant? Of course we would have.

I get being sour...I hate this fucking team, but it's not because of the Defense. They are BY FAR the least or our worries.

There's nothing to be sour about. On the contrary, we're finally playing somewhat reasonable ball. But our roster is just still a good ways off. It just is what it is. No unbiased person thought we were going to hit 9+ wins. We were a 6-8 win team tops. It was in doubt after the first month of the season because it was so bad...but we're finally getting a chance to actually assess a team that isn't a complete sh*tshow. Coaching needs change. QB needs change probably. We need more pass rush even with Sweat. We need to pay Jaylon. And the biggest thing we learned today is we probably shouldn't pay Mooney.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we a have a long way to go at all.

Bears have a great young core. 2nd ranked rush D, behind only SF. Best corner in the game and another in the wings. One of the best young safeties and nickel. A great LB group. A stud edge player and some good young interior d-linemen.

Strong RB room, couple a of good young o-lineman, a stud No. 1 WR and a good young TE.

And likely 2 picks in the top 5 of the draft.

Their future is as bright as it's been in a LONG time. Can't recall the last time we had such a good young team, that was built through the draft, and with a shit ton of capital to spare.

Shitcan Eberflus and staff and send Fields walking. Competent QB, and this team would look MUCH better.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many yards did they run for?

Does it matter? We're playing one of the best defenses in the league and our short yardage is insanely unreliable between all the goofy calls and how bad our blocking can be (particularly WR/RB/C). Just take the points. We don't score enough points to just chance them. Especially in a game like today's. When we got stopped at that play, we shifted the entire momentum of the game. Browns had one big pass play to follow it and the rest was a snowball...Coaches should not be taking away momentum from their own team. Take the 3...Go up two scores and put the onus on Cleveland to score two more times.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we a have a long way to go at all.

Bears have a great young core. 2nd ranked rush D, behind only SF. Best corner in the game and another in the wings. One of the best young safeties and nickel. A great LB group. A stud edge player and some good young interior d-linemen.

Strong RB room, couple a of good young o-lineman, a stud No. 1 WR and a good young TE.

And likely 2 picks in the top 5 of the draft.

Their future is as bright as it's been in a LONG time. Can't recall the last time we had such a good young team, that was built through the draft, and with a shit ton of capital to spare.

Shitcan Eberflus and staff and send Fields walking. Competent QB, and this team would look MUCH better.

I find our situation way more blurry. This is the weirdest offseason coming up in a long time. Poles/Warren could go all kinds of ways with this. If they go QB, it all could be Mitch'ed to hell. If they stay with Eberflus and Fields, it could be more of the same. Or it could be lightning in a bottle where we find the playoffs in an extended format and in a fairly weak NFC.

I just don't see us anywhere close to the real contenders yet. NFC playoff first round fodder? Possibly with the right moves and results. Super Bowl? With HUGE QB and Coaching issues?!? *shrugs* That glass is hard to keep half full until there's real tangible results on the field. Not losing to a fringe playoff depleted Browns team with everything on the line.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a positive note, I got to see the Bulls sh*t their pants in person less than 24 hours before this sh*tshow...so that's nice. A+ sports weekend.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the Browns down to 3rd stringers and Wyatt Teller on the line that Bears D is heading into a nice direction. The Dbs especially and Sweat is a difference maker.

It's hard to use that situation to assess Fields since only 2 qbs have had major success throwing on Cleveland. It was by no means a good performance by him though.

It's tough...I happen to think you guys are close but this decision is just brutal. No matter what I'd def look at a stronger backup qb because I think you all are very much in play for playoffs next year. It's a great problem to have with Fields having trade value and two top picks but it's also one of those things you will look back on for years and years if it gets fucked up.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields I thought didnt plas AS bad as his passing pct was,if I remember right,there were 2-3 dropped passes that were spot on.......one I believe was in the ez....??....by Tyler Scott.....??....Tonyan I believe was one of the 3 as did Kmet.....
And the two ints,eh not a big deal,both came on hailmarys to end the half and game......Mooney catches that ball instead of kicking it into the dbs hands,we woukd be hailing Fields for it......

Kmet btw,is my surprise player of the year.....Ive been down on the guy the first couple of years here cause I thought he was too high of a pick,but Im pleasantly surprised as how he has came along......

And our def played pretty decently......Love the Sweat trade.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the Browns down to 3rd stringers and Wyatt Teller on the line that Bears D is heading into a nice direction. The Dbs especially and Sweat is a difference maker.

It's hard to use that situation to assess Fields since only 2 qbs have had major success throwing on Cleveland. It was by no means a good performance by him though.

It's tough...I happen to think you guys are close but this decision is just brutal. No matter what I'd def look at a stronger backup qb because I think you all are very much in play for playoffs next year. It's a great problem to have with Fields having trade value and two top picks but it's also one of those things you will look back on for years and years if it gets fucked up.

I agree that we can be a playoff team next year with the right moves.

This season has been really odd. If you told me at the beginning of the season that the Bears would win 7 games and the trajectory pointed upwards then I would have thought it was a lock cinch we were gonna roll with Fields and Eberflus again in 2024. But now that it is playing out (I'm guessing we win 2 out of the next 3 and finish with 7 wins), my gut is that both need to go. Devil's in the details I guess. Good luck to Ryan Poles.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields I thought didnt plas AS bad as his passing pct was,if I remember right,there were 2-3 dropped passes that were spot on.......one I believe was in the ez....??....by Tyler Scott.....??....Tonyan I believe was one of the 3 as did Kmet.....
And the two ints,eh not a big deal,both came on hailmarys to end the half and game......Mooney catches that ball instead of kicking it into the dbs hands,we woukd be hailing Fields for it......

Kmet btw,is my surprise player of the year.....Ive been down on the guy the first couple of years here cause I thought he was too high of a pick,but Im pleasantly surprised as how he has came along......

I dont really know. 133 yards passing, 14 points off turnovers, one a 10 snap 2 yard drive, lucky Edwards scored on his I guess. Could have let them try that 55 yard field goal that apparently Santos was hitting in warmups and the game would have been over, with the browns possibly changing how they ran the fourth quarter. Instead, I think its the fifth game this year they lost after leading by at least 10. I dont know if its fields of the staff having him slide so much when he could probably truck some of these DB's trying to tackle him, or him afraid of getting replaced again.

I guess it was as expected, at least they came out in the third and did something, but you cannot have so many three and outs and expect the D to hold.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont really know. 133 yards passing, 14 points off turnovers, one a 10 snap 2 yard drive, lucky Edwards scored on his I guess. Could have let them try that 55 yard field goal that apparently Santos was hitting in warmups and the game would have been over, with the browns possibly changing how they ran the fourth quarter. Instead, I think its the fifth game this year they lost after leading by at least 10. I dont know if its fields of the staff having him slide so much when he could probably truck some of these DB's trying to tackle him, or him afraid of getting replaced again.

I guess it was as expected, at least they came out in the third and did something, but you cannot have so many three and outs and expect the D to hold.

They were saying on the radio this morning that because of the headwind they felt Santos' projected long was reduced by 8 yards for the halftime FG. His longest career is 55...so say anything over 47.

Then the radio guy made a good point. If that's the case, and they chose the direction after losing the coin toss why didn't they take the wind for the 2nd and 4th quarter?

It's the little things....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
133 yards passing, 14

As I said,again we have those terrible drops.......Tonyan in the ez,along with Mooneys hailmary drops were crucial......Thats what bad teams do tho

Could have let them try that 55 yard field goal that apparently Santos was hitting in warmups

I see your point,but if he misses,then we give them a very short field......and I was 50/50 on that, we have nothing to lose other than draft position.....but its all hindsight,he misses it,we would criticize the decision.....

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The first one wasn't even a pick. It hit the ground. Piss poor job by the refs and the announcers for ignoring it. Speaking of, Mark Sanchez is fucking awful as an announcer...greasy haired fuck needs to stfu.

Tonyan dropped a beautiful ball early on that should've/would've been a TD to put us up 7-0.

I love me some Kmet, but he played his worst game of the year yesterday IMO, and he still does something stupid af at least once a game.

Fields played ok, but the offense as a whole lacks a killer instinct. They took the 3rd quarter off, like they were just happy they were winning. That will bite them in the ass, EVERY TIME. They are not good enough to do that, and if they were good enough, they wouldn't do it in the first place.

The 3rd quarter lull carried over to the 4th, and overall, it means they shrunk like a frightened turtle when it mattered most. Something we've seen FAR too much, imo