• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BE expansion may not be done

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Navy is going to make the jump in the near future which means 11 players so we'd need a 12th.

Most likely they want someone West...........

Fresno?
BYU?

"What's the hurry?" Gladchuk said. "We've been discussing the issues 'forever.' We'll get it done. We'll get together. Our No. 1 question was stability and as of last Wednesday, guess what? There's stability in the Big East."

Gladchuk also said that Air Force's decision to remain in the Mountain West and not join the Big East has absolutely no impact on Navy.

Navy prepared to join Big East, just not for a while - NCAA Football - CBSSports.com

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BE should have pursed Navy a long time ago. They're actually on the eastern side of this country.

They should talk to Army as well. Keep that rivalry in-conference, and possibly entice Air Force to join up in the "BE-West".

Drop that California school and save some traveling money.

Last edited by a moderator:

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BE should have pursed Navy a long time ago. They're actually on the eastern side of this country.

They should talk to Army as well. Keep that rivalry in-conference, and possibly entice Air Force to join up in the "BE-West".

They've been pursuing Navy, at least recently they have.

Navy had said they wanted to wait on AFA but now it looks like they may go w/o them.

Still kinda hoping BYU can be enticed in.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd prefer San Diego State over Army, Army will just continue to get blown out by Mac schools.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mercenary side asks which program gets us more TV dollars and go with that one...........

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mercenary side asks which program gets us more TV dollars and go with that one...........

Probably San Diego State because they're in a whole different region.

The TV deal will be pretty big for a conference that extends across the country.

State43

Your mom's favorite
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't worry about 12 teams. Big 12 will take a couple more when they get tired of getting shafted on bowl picks.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean your smart side? I know the BE is trying to retain their AQ status, but with automatic qualifiers possibly being done away with in the near future, they should look for financial stability.

They need to(as I'm sure they have if they have a lick of sense) determine if the extra TV money will be more than the farther east teams' extra travel costs to California.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean your smart side? I know the BE is trying to retain their AQ status, but with automatic qualifiers possibly being done away with in the near future, they should look for financial stability.

They need to(as I'm sure they have if they have a lick of sense) determine if the extra TV money will be more than the farther east teams' extra travel costs to California.

On this board yes it would be the smart side.

On the MWC board those programs being left behind are all butt hurt about the money portion, whining about 'rivalries' and back stabbers, and claiming that a conference spanning the entire country makes no sense. Never mind that is EXACTLY what they are going to get with that abortion merger with CUSA (sorry to the lone pokes fan on this board who is actually pretty cool). :confused2:

I think AQ is done after this cycle no question in my mind.

So yes all the money is going to be in the TV deals for programs like BSU. Anything that improves that I am for at this point.

If you add another western team I am not sure it means more travel for the eastern schools, depending on how they break out the divisions. It may mean less if the 'western' division has another closer partner that's one lest east-west game that has to happen. BYU, AFA or Fresno would be my choice in that order as the teams to make it 12 assuming Navy joins..