• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BCS Standings

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me how we are ranked ahead of Wisconsin by the computers? We lost to the only ranked team we played. They blew out Nebraska. I think Wisconsin could be the best team in the country this year. If they win out I would like to see them against LSU or Bama. This could be the year of 6 undefeated teams though.(unlikely but very possible) It wouldn't be stretch to think there will be 3 or 4 undefeated though. Winner of the LSU/Bama game. Winner of OU/OSU (not sure how good KSU is really yet). Wisconsin. BSU. Stanford(no one is talking about these guys) and the outside shot of Clemson although if we play them again i think we will beat them.

Could be a hell of a debacle come December.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsins opponents ( BCS only ) are a a combined 15-20 which is the worst opponents record of anyone in the top 15. Badgers will move up the computers quickly over the next few weeks ( assuming they win) with games against 6-1 MSU, 6-1 Illinois, 6-1 Penn State coming up. IMO Wisconsin is the best team in the country but for raw numbers they havent played the caliber of competition neccessary to be ranked higher right now.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but I think Wisconsin would get killed if they played Alabama or LSU. They could probably hang with Oklahoma and Stanford

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but I think Wisconsin would get killed if they played Alabama or LSU. They could probably hang with Oklahoma and Stanford

I think Wisconsin is probably 10-14 points better than any team in the nation but hopefully we find out. The Badgers have NO weaknesses at all. Best Oline in the country, great RB's, great QB, very good wideouts and a top shelf defense. Secondary is the only spot where they arent elite but even that is pretty solid. Ironically I think Oklahoma is the only team that could potentially beat Wisconsin since I think they may be able to score enough to hang but NOBODY is holding Wisconsin to less than 30-35 points and that includes Bama and LSU.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Badgers are going to be tested this weekend. Don't get me wrong, i still have them in my Top 5, but I am high on Michigan State as well.

The Badgers are a victim of their own success IMO. First team in 25 years to win their first 6 games by 30+ including a win over a top 10 Nebraska team. When you win a game by that much it always becomes that the other team was overrated instead of giving the winning team props. I think Wisky would have got more credit for winning that game 24-21 than they do by winning it 48-17. I personally think Bucky buries MSU this week by 28+ but even if they do people will just say MSU sucks :) Ironic.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Badgers are a victim of their own success IMO. First team in 25 years to win their first 6 games by 30+ including a win over a top 10 Nebraska team. When you win a game by that much it always becomes that the other team was overrated instead of giving the winning team props. I think Wisky would have got more credit for winning that game 24-21 than they do by winning it 48-17. I personally think Bucky buries MSU this week by 28+ but even if they do BSU Fan 27 will just say MSU sucks :) Ironic.

fify....

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Badgers are a victim of their own success IMO. First team in 25 years to win their first 6 games by 30+ including a win over a top 10 Nebraska team. When you win a game by that much it always becomes that the other team was overrated instead of giving the winning team props. I think Wisky would have got more credit for winning that game 24-21 than they do by winning it 48-17. I personally think Bucky buries MSU this week by 28+ but even if they do people will just say MSU sucks :) Ironic.

Well that's because Michigan State DOES suck.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me how we are ranked ahead of Wisconsin by the computers? We lost to the only ranked team we played. They blew out Nebraska. I think Wisconsin could be the best team in the country this year. If they win out I would like to see them against LSU or Bama. This could be the year of 6 undefeated teams though.(unlikely but very possible) It wouldn't be stretch to think there will be 3 or 4 undefeated though. Winner of the LSU/Bama game. Winner of OU/OSU (not sure how good KSU is really yet). Wisconsin. BSU. Stanford(no one is talking about these guys) and the outside shot of Clemson although if we play them again i think we will beat them.

I don't think so... :nono:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope there are 4-6 teams undefeated (doubtful) so that something will be changed in the NEAR future concerning the NCG. The BCS meets I think next summer to restructure (or not) all of it. Wisconsin is a solid team and will be mentioned more in the coming weeks if they continue to win. Their biggest test this year IMO is next week. If they can beat Sparty I think they have a good shot a running the table. Its always fun to look at the early BCS standings..when they really don't mean much. Barring some MAJOR upsets (two to 'Bama and LSU) I don't think many teams realistically have ANY shot at the NCG..Undefeated SEC gets in and probably wins (Bama/LSU), undefeated Big 12 gets in minus maybe KSU(OK/OKSt).I picked OK at the beginning of the season..allow me to retort. Outside of those four schools Wisky/Clemson/BSU/KSU are the only ones that have any shot..they are on the outside looking in praying these 4 teams lose..and lose twice to boot.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw my two cents in; I think that LSU, 'Bammer, Oklahoma, and Wisky are far and away the top four teams. Stanford, OSU, Boise, Clemson, and KSU are very good teams, but realistically don't have a shot at the BCS game unless all four of the first teams have at least one loss. For my team, I still can't believe we haven't lost, and as long as we can win 10 games and the ACC (shit, three months ago I'd have slapped you if you told me Clemson would even win the Atlantic division...) we'll have one hell of a season coming off a 6-7 year. So honestly, I don't see how we could even be considered until we actually go 13-0.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw my two cents in; I think that LSU, 'Bammer, Oklahoma, and Wisky are far and away the top four teams. Stanford, OSU, Boise, Clemson, and KSU are very good teams, but realistically don't have a shot at the BCS game unless all four of the first teams have at least one loss. For my team, I still can't believe we haven't lost, and as long as we can win 10 games and the ACC (shit, three months ago I'd have slapped you if you told me Clemson would even win the Atlantic division...) we'll have one hell of a season coming off a 6-7 year. So honestly, I don't see how we could even be considered until we actually go 13-0.

Clemson and Okie State are similar teams IMO. Very potent offenses but some pretty big questions on defense. I think this week vs UNC will be tougher for you guys than people are predicting but the ACC isnt that great so you have a shot at going 13-0 but Id guess 11-2 or so if I had to. Still a great year though.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson and Okie State are similar teams IMO. Very potent offenses but some pretty big questions on defense. I think this week vs UNC will be tougher for you guys than people are predicting but the ACC isnt that great so you have a shot at going 13-0 but Id guess 11-2 or so if I had to. Still a great year though.

Our team has simply found ways to win. The only constant has really been the offense, but the defense stepped up to stop FSU on their last drive and dominated the Hokies on the road. The run defense disappeared against Maryland last weekend, and that's been a big issue for almost a season and a half. Shoot, even special teams has played well (5/5 on FGs against BC and Watkins monster returns against Maryland). I like the fact that we don't rely on one facet to win all of our games; it makes the games more exciting and each unit has seemed to step up when called upon.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

The computers and BCS as a whole should be ignored until the last week of the season. They've been hyped to be of great importance but right now they're worthless. The data is far too incomplete to give a true measure of quality until all games have been played. Individual criteria for each poll varies (notice Wiscy's best correlates to our worst and reverse), but typically will straighten out with more links between teams.

The answer to your first question is that Wisconsin has yet to play on the road and has a relatively weak schedule thus far.

The answer to your last statement is that most teams will lose atleast a game, and there will be a much clearer picture at the top.