• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BBQ cookoff at the Grill: KC @ TEX 5/10-12

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The plan the Rangers hatched in spring training was to help make life a little easier on the duo. With no short-season teams anymore, the Rangers are attempted to replicate the experience Cauley and Moller would have had in short-season ball.

They aren’t going to play every day but will get stead at-bats, similar to how infielder Thomas Saggese went through the 2021 season.

Saggese opened this season at Hickory. Cauley and Moller will have that chance in 2023.
I am not sure i agree with this very slow approach for developing high school position player draftees.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last night's game, specifically Semien, reminded me of the worst game I've ever seen a batter have: Hamilton in the 2012 WC play-in game.

5 outs made on only 8 pitches seen (including a 3 pitch K).

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to hear what Semien is saying on how things are going. Has anybody reported that? No touching panic button as this season as said a million times is still a rebuild
Listened to the game via radio so not sure if he is chasing like Adolis started doing or swinging through very hittable balls in the zone

I see the HR swing Seager has and some others seem to be flatter which may work better next year once shift is banned

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Decent game summary

Not mentioned much is the amount of errors/defensive miscues even not scored as errors on the influx. This was a strength last year

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to hear what Semien is saying on how things are going. Has anybody reported that? No touching panic button as this season as said a million times is still a rebuild
Listened to the game via radio so not sure if he is chasing like Adolis started doing or swinging through very hittable balls in the zone

I see the HR swing Seager has and some others seem to be flatter which may work better next year once shift is banned

Don't really need to hear what Semien thinks. He's a pro ballplayer, I expect him to understand what's going on, and be making an effort to fix it.

He could use a day off, and he needs to stop swinging on first pitch.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Semien is not part of a rebuild. He got there a long time ago. He should be able to walk in and start earning his millions. Yes he is going to have a bad night on occasion but not AB after AB. He is also looking sloppy in the field. He needs to be benched to think about how a projected leader like himself is hurting the rebuild.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Adolis Garcia had a monumental rookie year. Was it a fluke? Seems to have some resemblence. In no way is he the same offensive player he was last year. That could turn around but until it does, I do not think we can assume he is considered part of the future.

Reactions: DTC

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Adolis Garcia had a monumental rookie year. Was it a fluke? Seems to have some resemblence. In no way is he the same offensive player he was last year. That could turn around but until it does, I do not think we can assume he is considered part of the future.

Adolis had a monumental first half. His second half is on par to where he is now. He leads the team in runs scored and runs driven in. Has more XBH than Seager, and tied for the team lead in SB.

You can make the case that that says as much about the rest of the team as it does him, but in my opinion he's definitely worth sticking with, in the hopes that he adjusts and improves.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Semien will be 32 years old before the season ends. He has had a grand total of 2 seasons where his OPS was over .735. His history says he will have bad years. Father time says those years will start to come more often, sooner than we would like.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the corner positions need to be solved. Lowe is very unsettled. Jung is not here and still has to prove he is the guy. Same for Thompson and Taveras. These guys should be brought up imo to see how they will handle MLB play. If not, rebuild will fall behind and we can' afford to lose time we have invested in the "S" brothers. Perez has been a nice comeback but for how long? He and Gray are still a question? Seems there is more to do at this time than I expected to be.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Semien will be 32 years old before the season ends. He has had a grand total of 2 seasons where his OPS was over .735. His history says he will have bad years. Father time says those years will start to come more often, sooner than we would like.
He is a major concern to me because what you pointed out not taking into account any possible injuries.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adolis had a monumental first half. His second half is on par to where he is now. He leads the team in runs scored and runs driven in. Has more XBH than Seager, and tied for the team lead in SB.

You can make the case that that says as much about the rest of the team as it does him, but in my opinion he's definitely worth sticking with, in the hopes that he adjusts and improves.
The following guys have a chance at replacing him at some point.

Harris, Foscue, Smith, Duran, Thompson, or Taveras

If they can play the outfield, and they continue to hit then one of them could replace Adolis within a year or so, if he doesn't start hitting a lot closer to how he hit early last year. If three of those guys pan out, then I think Adolis' days are numbered in the starting lineup unless he returns to the hitter he was early on last year. I guess you could throw Jonathan Ornelas into that mix as well.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they can play the outfield, and they continue to hit then one of them could replace Adolis within a year or so, if he doesn't start hitting a lot closer to how he hit early last year. If three of those guys pan out, then I think Adolis' days are numbered in the starting lineup unless he returns to the hitter he was early on last year. I guess you could throw Jonathan Ornelas into that mix as well.

yeah, but none of them have a cool nickname. :pound:

I think your timeline matches about what I expect them to give Garcia to show he's got enough to keep him around.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is how I see it too. Certainly hope to see him start hitting again but it is what it is.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems there is more to do at this time than I expected to be.
I don't see it that way myself. Semien is the only guy I thought would be in our future that isn't performing well. Most of our future is in the minors. Leiter, Winn, White, Foscue, Harris, Smith, and Duran have not disappointed me. Each has struggled at times, but they are getting experience, flashing some good things, and getting closer to being up here. Vanasco and Roby have been disappointing to me, but there is still plenty of time for them to adjust and show a lot of improvement. Thompson and Taveras are actually surprises to me, pleasant ones. Perez may give us a valuable trade chip that I wasn't expecting at all. Dunning and Otto are doing very well. And, we still have more money to spend in free agency in 6 months.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, we still have more money to spend in free agency in 6 months.
In addition to free agency funds to spend, we are going to have prospects to trade in another year or two once we find out which ones we need to keep.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

highly possible but why not bring in some of them now and stop experimenting with Miller, Solak, Reks & White right now and bring Harris, Thompson & Taveras?