• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BBQ cookoff at the Grill: KC @ TEX 5/10-12

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Power Rankings: Which red-hot teams are making the case for a top spot?

i

22. Texas Rangers

Record: 12-17

Previous ranking: 25

The Rangers are gradually starting to right the ship after a slow start. Last week, they swept the Phillies in a quick two-game series then hung tough with the Yankees, giving up just five runs in a series loss. Their pitching has stabilized to the point where their team ERA dropped to below 4.00 -- quite the accomplishment after beginning the year near the bottom in baseball. Dane Dunning, Martin Perez, Glenn Otto and Jon Gray were all effective last time through the rotation. Otto, in particular, is making great strides having given up just eight hits in 14⅓ innings. -- Rogers

Reactions: DTC

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it that way myself. Semien is the only guy I thought would be in our future that isn't performing well. Most of our future is in the minors. Leiter, Winn, White, Foscue, Harris, Smith, and Duran have not disappointed me. Each has struggled at times, but they are getting experience, flashing some good things, and getting closer to being up here. Vanasco and Roby have been disappointing to me, but there is still plenty of time for them to adjust and show a lot of improvement. Thompson and Taveras are actually surprises to me, pleasant ones. Perez may give us a valuable trade chip that I wasn't expecting at all. Dunning and Otto are doing very well. And, we still have more money to spend in free agency in 6 months.
I was not taking into account the MILB guys. Really thought we would have made more firm decisions on those playing now. Other than c, ss, 2b we have not done much. I like what I see coming just think they should be here now.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, if the draft goes how I hope it goes, we can take a guy with pick #109 who already has a fantastic nickname. Ivan Melendez, the Hispanic Titanic.

Wonder if the Rays or Mariners would part with one of their competitive balance round B picks.
Grab a 70-78 pick

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would have to have some faith in the personnel before i could put a consistence team on the field. i have faith in Semien, Seager, Garver, Lowe (some), Heim and Adolis (some) and no one else on the roster. it's time to move on from Miller, Culberson, Kole, Ibanez, Solak and White, and bring up some of the kids like Harris, Hauver, Smith, Wendzel, Jung & either Thompson or Taveras. and go with a set lineup:

Thompson or Taveras CF
Semien 2B
Seager SS
Garcia/Hauver RF
Lowe 1B
Garver DH
Harris/Smith LF
Heim/Huff C
Jund/Wendzel 3B

Honestly we could be looking at a combination of any of these guys for the most part

C - Heim/Huff/Garver
1B - Lowe/Huff/Crim
2B - Semien
3B - Smith/Jung/Wendzel
SS - Seager
LF - Harris/Duran
CF - Thompson/Tavares/Smith
RF - Garcia
DH - Garver and rotate

I didn't include Foscue bc I have no idea where to slot him other than 2B, he's a bit more positionally inflexible to me than others, but we shall see in the next year, not to mention Carter, Acuna, Acosta, Zavala, or Hauver... and I'm sure I'm forgetting some guys

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not taking into account the MILB guys. Really thought we would have made more firm decisions on those playing now. Other than c, ss, 2b we have not done much. I like what I see coming just think they should be here now.

to me this year was about making decisions on who we have now at the MLB level

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do y’all feel about Jacob Berry?

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is still too early for those guys to be here now.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our top Triple A prospects, Smith, Winn, Taveras and Thompson, could very well be here by the end of this year. It would be disappointing if they didn't all make the club out of ST next year.

Wendzel will probably be a tad behind them.

The top Double A guys, Leiter, Lee, Crim, Duran, Harris, and Foscue, are more of a mystery. Any of them could get hot enough to make it by the end of this year, but that is unlikely. Most of them will probably be ready at some point next year or out of ST 2024.

Owen White's ETA, to me, seems like late 2023.

Reactions: DTC

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really need to hear what Semien thinks. He's a pro ballplayer, I expect him to understand what's going on, and be making an effort to fix it.

He could use a day off, and he needs to stop swinging on first pitch.
Well as a fan I would like for him to articulate what is going on. Just my personal interest evidently

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as a fan I would like for him to articulate what is going on. Just my personal interest evidently
Would be interesting to know.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semien is not part of a rebuild. He got there a long time ago. He should be able to walk in and start earning his millions. Yes he is going to have a bad night on occasion but not AB after AB. He is also looking sloppy in the field. He needs to be benched to think about how a projected leader like himself is hurting the rebuild.
Sure he is part of the rebuild as a member of the team that needs it and now he needs improvement obviously. He needs and occasional day off but he needs to play

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't really need to hear what Semien thinks. He's a pro ballplayer, I expect him to understand what's going on, and be making an effort to fix it.

He could use a day off, and he needs to stop swinging on first pitch.

Finally Woody does something I understand.

Heim at the 2 spot is strange, but I kinda wanna see how that goes.