• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bans

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go out of town for a Week come back and WTH.

This is not an attack about the recent "Perma-Ban" of P-day. But it is a OPINION about how it appeared from someone reading about it on the Smack Talk thread.

So let me see if I got this right P-day who can chaff some the wrong way is on the COWBOYS BOARD SMACK TALK THREAD where you are supposed to be able to talk Smack without being in trouble unless it is way out of bounds. I thought the Smack talk thread was for talking smack and not getting in trouble? And he gets Banned on the Cowboys Board SMACK TALK THREAD by Cali a Redskins Fan that also is a MOD based on accumulated postings. The on the surface appearance of this looks very Bad IMHO. Just a statement not an accusation of Cali.

I have no issues with Cali or any other Mods and know they have a tough job but IMHO a cooling off period would have been much better solution than a Perma-ban. Our Board will suffer without his posting and perspective.

Maybe all of us should take a step back take a deep breath and ask the question " is SportsHoopla better off with or without those that have been banned ".

And for the record I asked to have Wfrye banned and complained about the discord on the board to Ford.

JMHO on a really touchy subject

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who all has been banned? I use to be one of those that would go back and forth with people; but I honestly in my real life have nothing to prove, so I feel as if I owe no one anything, especially time, words, and the emotions it takes to argue over something so small.

To each their own, but I say most sports fans get in their feelings to much. Maybe it is because we (they) have nothing better to live for, or maybe it's a pride thing. Either way I think we all must work on ourselves, and step away from the name calling and attitudes we present on these boards, they are uncalled for; and are a major reason why I left in the first place. No one knows what another is going through, these boards are to come to peace, have fun, and talk with fans and friends alike.

I wish no one to get a Perma-ban, so I say that I hope all parties involved can come to a resolve and reduce the ban.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if I voiced my opinion on what happened/happening this thread would just get removed.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems as if I have missed a lot, would love for someone to catch me up. Maybe private message

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twist was banned about a month ago and Pday was banned Sunday. Neither really were banned for anything they did at the time. It is my assumption that they were banned for multiple previous actions that accumulated. Colors and Nets if you go to the top thread of this board you can start on page 120 of the Smack talk thread and see what happened with Pday.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must read everything though starting there for it to make sense. If you just read his last post you will be left wondering what he did wrong. Cali then explains over the course of the next few pages of posts.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Twist- we all know how he can be and we accept it. Apparently others did not. For Nets, another board closed down a few months back and a new influx of members came aboard. Im not totally blaming anything on them because twist had his battles with many. Twist and I went back and forth at least once a week for about a month after the draft. It got bad. He and Pday then started with each other and it got bad again.. That went on for a few days and Twist was gone. He apparently got into it on another board on the hoop with a few others.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally never have had a problem with Twist, but I do believe his ban was warranted just based on his history alone and just constant poking and prodding of certain posters. P-day again I have nothing personal against him either and they both certainly offered a lot of positives, but though he may not been as confrontational on a personal level as a WFRYE or even Twist in his last day's. P-day was not against character assignation either. Sad to see both guys go, but innocent victims they are not. We have plenty of guys here who offer up contrasting vantage points of this team but, generally engage in civil debate. If these guys were properly /privately warned of their actions but failed to disengage I have no problem with their dismissals. Hopefully their bans aren't permanent. :suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know I left the boards in large part because of Twist and PDay. With that being said neither deserve to be sent packing. If someone doesn't like something the should leave, freedom of speech is an American right. I didn't appreciate the way I was being talked to, nor did I have to take it; so I left for a while. I feel as if we are all adults and can do the same. Now that isn't me justifying neither or them, because I think both have a lot of things to work on; but don't we all. Overall they were just two people passionate about their team and their opinion. Wish them the best and hope to see them post soon.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twist was banned about a month ago and Pday was banned Sunday. Neither really were banned for anything they did at the time. It is my assumption that they were banned for multiple previous actions that accumulated. Colors and Nets if you go to the top thread of this board you can start on page 120 of the Smack talk thread and see what happened with Pday.

Yea I have read it about 5 times and it comes across the same every time 2 me. I don't think he did anything wrong on that post! Its a smack talk thread right ? then smack talk should be allowed PERIOD. it appears in Print that Cali got upset and decided to ban Pday for talking smack to her on the smack talk thread. More to it I'm sure but that's the way it appears. I like Cali and have no Beef with her but on this issue the way it was done WAS WRONG IMHO. A rival team Mod Banning a Cowboys poster on the Cowboys board on the COWBOYS SMACK TALK thread just looks WRONG.

IMHO

Hopefully after cooling off the Ban will b reversed

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I have read it about 5 times and it comes across the same every time 2 me. I don't think he did anything wrong on that post! Its a smack talk thread right ? then smack talk should be allowed PERIOD. it appears in Print that Cali got upset and decided to ban Pday for talking smack to her on the smack talk thread. More to it I'm sure but that's the way it appears. I like Cali and have no Beef with her but on this issue the way it was done WAS WRONG IMHO. A rival team Mod Banning a Cowboys poster on the Cowboys board on the COWBOYS SMACK TALK thread just looks WRONG.

IMHO

See i never really saw what he did to smart off back to her. She had posted good luck today and then said she hoped we lost with a smiley face. He then replied that she was stirring the pot in the smack talk forum and said Onward mod powers. I really dont see where that was bad especially when she had said she had mad mod powers a few days before- her words- and she was joking around. If you look at their posts to each other there seems to be a mutual respect through out. They joked around a lot actually. He posted that 10 minutes before the Skins game. Maybe she didnt see it then. She came back and posted after the Dallas game for him to explain. Whether he was on the board or not in those 3 hrs I dont know. He didnt post. After that 3 hrs though it was over.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMHO

lol I just tried to post a long ass post & it just wiped out?
(to lazy to do it again)

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDay banned?? WTF have yall been doing in here? Lol.

Seriously though, that's bullshit. He should be reinstated immediately. Been around longer than anyone (of us). One of the main reasons any of us are even still here - without posts, there's no interest, which will lead to fewer traffic. Just sayin. He's a reasonable poster, and I highly doubt whatever was posted should result in a ban..

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDay banned?? WTF have yall been doing in here? Lol.

Seriously though, that's bullshit. He should be reinstated immediately. Been around longer than anyone (of us). One of the main reasons any of us are even still here - without posts, there's no interest, which will lead to fewer traffic. Just sayin. He's a reasonable poster, and I highly doubt whatever was posted should result in a ban..

(in short) Witch hunt!

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a poster who has gotten into it with both Pday and Twist, I think it's ridiculous that they both have gotten banned. This is a message board, where personal opinions should not be discriminated against unless incredibly inflammatory. I mean this is 'Murica right?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go out of town for a Week come back and WTH.

This is not an attack about the recent "Perma-Ban" of P-day. But it is a OPINION about how it appeared from someone reading about it on the Smack Talk thread.

So let me see if I got this right P-day who can chaff some the wrong way is on the COWBOYS BOARD SMACK TALK THREAD where you are supposed to be able to talk Smack without being in trouble unless it is way out of bounds. I thought the Smack talk thread was for talking smack and not getting in trouble? And he gets Banned on the Cowboys Board SMACK TALK THREAD by Cali a Redskins Fan that also is a MOD based on accumulated postings. The on the surface appearance of this looks very Bad IMHO. Just a statement not an accusation of Cali.

I have no issues with Cali or any other Mods and know they have a tough job but IMHO a cooling off period would have been much better solution than a Perma-ban. Our Board will suffer without his posting and perspective.

Maybe all of us should take a step back take a deep breath and ask the question " is SportsHoopla better off with or without those that have been banned ".

And for the record I asked to have Wfrye banned and complained about the discord on the board to Ford.

JMHO on a really touchy subject

Agree 100% colors, especially the part I underlined.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a poster who has gotten into it with both Pday and Twist, I think it's ridiculous that they both have gotten banned. This is a message board, where personal opinions should not be discriminated against unless incredibly inflammatory. I mean this is 'Murica right?

I can agree with this....Anybody who has a problem with these guys could have ignored them. There really probably very few things that should get a guy permanently banned IMO. Hopefully this is just a slap on the wrist sit down.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea that P-Day got banned by a MOD from another team on our own board. Thats a Rodger Goodell move. This needs to be looked at a little closer by Ford.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea that P-Day got banned by a MOD from another team on our own board. Thats a Rodger Goodell move. This needs to be looked at a little closer by Ford.

I could be wrong, but I'd bet that any perm-ban would have to be approved be Hammer. I would think that before it ever got to that point, you would have gotten a warning PM or two from Ford to cool it as well.