• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Back to draft talk

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that's one reason we didn't resign our CBs. Supposedly Rod wants to go zone a lot more.
I kind of like the corners we have left. I think Orlando and Anthony Brown are solid, Carroll, we'll see, and Jones can cover like a corner. We need a player or two, but it isn't just dire IMO

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Brown. Hoping Scandrick gets back to old self. Lots of trust issues come with knees. He is a gamer though and has always played with a chip on his shoulder. Carroll I think will be solid. The one I'm going to miss is Church. He was not a great player by any means, but he was a consummate professional. Talent wise he will be more easy to replace. It's the other things that I'm worried about that both he and Carr brought.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you do in the privacy of your own home, is between you and yours, no need to air your laundry here.

I'm saying instead of putting an accomplishment STAR by his name, I would put something else.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like the corners we have left. I think Orlando and Anthony Brown are solid, Carroll, we'll see, and Jones can cover like a corner. We need a player or two, but it isn't just dire IMO
I think if we add another to the mix I agree. Scandrick is pretty good in the slot and Brown played very well for a rookie. Carroll is not an upgrade to Carr or Claiborne IMO, but is cheaper and maybe it could be a wash? But we need a 4th guy in the mix IMO. Ideally that would be an early draft pick that is ready to contribute day 1. It could also be another vet that is signed at some point, but without injuries I think we need another guy and with injuries I know we do. My gut tells me one way or another we have another corner and maybe even two more in the mix by the time the season starts

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm saying what you do behind closed doors os your business.
You lost me. I'm not saying I'm right, but I think we need at least one more CB

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List of upcoming prospects the Cowboys will be hosting as part of their "official 30" pre-draft visits...
Report: Adoree' Jackson among 18 Cowboys visitors this week

Looking at the list, I see it like this...

1st round targets (in no particular order)
1. Derek Barnett, DE Tennessee (I would trade up for this guy if he fell to somewhere around #20, JMO)
2. Takk McKinley, DE UCLA
3. TJ Watt, DE/OLB Wisconsin
4. Charles Smith, DE Missouri (Not on the list in the link, but is visiting)
5. Taco Charlton, DE Michigan
6. Gareon Conley, CB Ohio State
7. Kevin King, CB Washington
8. Tre'Davious White, CB LSU*

2nd round targets
1. Adoree Jackson, CB USC
2. Obi Melifonwu, S UConn
3. Fabian Moreu, CB/S UCLA
4. Quincy Wilson, CB Florida
5. Teez Tabor, CB Florida
6. Chidobe Awuzie, CB Colorado
7. Cordrea Tankersly, CB Clemson
8. JuJu Shuster-Smith, WR USC

3rd round targets
1. Tannoh Kpassagnon, DE Villanova
2. Xavier Woods, S Louisiana Tech
3. Treston DeCoud, CB Oregon State
4. Tedric Thompson, S Colorado
5. Terrell Basham, DE Ohio
6. Adam Shaheen, TE Ashland*

4th round and beyond
1. Jeremiah Ledbetter, DE Arkansas*

*denotes visit not yet confirmed

Some other names I have read who might be visiting
Jordan Willis, DE Kansas State
Justin Evans, S Texas A&M
Donnell Pumphrey, RB San Diego State
Dan Skipper, OG/OT Indiana
Jaylen Myrick, CB Minnesota
Pharaoh Brown, TE Oregon
Damontae Kazee, CB/S San Diego State

That's 20 confirmed visits, with 3 that are yet to be confirmed, and a list of other guys who might round out the official 30. Seems pretty apparent to me that Dallas is targeting a pass rusher in the 1st and DB in the 2nd - possibly DB in the 3rd round, too.

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List of upcoming prospects the Cowboys will be hosting as part of their "official 30" pre-draft visits...
Report: Adoree' Jackson among 18 Cowboys visitors this week

Looking at the list, I see it like this...

1st round targets (in no particular order)
1. Derek Barnett, DE Tennessee (I would trade up for this guy if he fell to somewhere around #20, JMO)
2. Takk McKinley, DE UCLA
3. TJ Watt, DE/OLB Wisconsin
4. Charles Smith, DE Missouri (Not on the list in the link, but is visiting)
5. Taco Charlton, DE Michigan
6. Gareon Conley, CB Ohio State
7. Kevin King, CB Washington
8. Tre'Davious White, CB LSU*

2nd round targets
1. Adoree Jackson, CB USC
2. Obi Melifonwu, S UConn
3. Fabian Moreu, CB/S UCLA
4. Quincy Wilson, CB Florida
5. Teez Tabor, CB Florida
6. Chidobe Awuzie, CB Colorado
7. Cordrea Tankersly, CB Clemson
8. JuJu Shuster-Smith, WR USC

3rd round targets
1. Tannoh Kpassagnon, DE Villanova
2. Xavier Woods, S Louisiana Tech
3. Treston DeCoud, CB Oregon State
4. Tedric Thompson, S Colorado
5. Terrell Basham, DE Ohio
6. Adam Shaheen, TE Ashland*

4th round and beyond
1. Jeremiah Ledbetter, DE Arkansas*

*denotes visit not yet confirmed

Some other names I have read who might be visiting
Jordan Willis, DE Kansas State
Justin Evans, S Texas A&M
Donnell Pumphrey, RB San Diego State
Dan Skipper, OG/OT Indiana
Jaylen Myrick, CB Minnesota
Pharaoh Brown, TE Oregon
Damontae Kazee, CB/S San Diego State

That's 20 confirmed visits, with 3 that are yet to be confirmed, and a list of other guys who might round out the official 30. Seems pretty apparent to me that Dallas is targeting a pass rusher in the 1st and DB in the 2nd - possibly DB in the 3rd round, too.
Said before, but DE, CB, and S are three of the strongest positions in this draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cowboys move down with so many similarly graded players there. I don't think I would trade up unless a guy like Barnett did happen to fall. I think he is the real deal

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said before, but DE, CB, and S are three of the strongest positions in this draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cowboys move down with so many similarly graded players there. I don't think I would trade up unless a guy like Barnett did happen to fall. I think he is the real deal
I tend to agree with trading up a couple spots for Barnett. Harris would be a nice consolidation prize if a trade partner can't be found. I doubt either make it to us at 28, but drafts can get weird and players fall.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with trading up a couple spots for Barnett. Harris would be a nice consolidation prize if a trade partner can't be found. I doubt either make it to us at 28, but drafts can get weird and players fall.
That's why I think a trade back might be coming. Seems like s great draft to stockpile picks

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on how they have the pass rushers ranked. Let's say they have 2 (or more) guys they love and reasonably think could fall. If both are there we wait. If one goes we may move up as soon as the price becomes reasonable for the other. If both are gone and no DBs or anyone else is there at 28 we likely move back. I'm oversimplifying of course, but it seems to be our MO. We moved up to get Lawrence when he was the only pass rusher left that we had a first round grade on. If I remember the last few years it seems like we had around 14 or 15 guys with first round grades. So our board and mock drafts don't align at all. Would get even more interesting if one of our first round grades was still around in the middle of the second. I think at that point, since trading up is much less costly than in the first, we definitely look to move up. But again it's the cost that decides and we have also shown more patience and the ability to sit and wait and not overpay for a guy that may drop to su anyway lately. So who the heck knows. going to be a fun couple of days

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm down for trading up for Barnett only (Solomon Thomas too, but don't think he will fall). And he would have to fall to somewhere around #20 because at that point the cost might theoretically only be our first and third round pick. Not interested in giving up a second round pick in this draft, but our third at the end of the round for a shot at Barnett is worth it.

Barnett is a beast. In 3 years at Tennessee he was 3x1st team SEC, had double digit sacks each year, and broke Reggie White's sack record. He's a 3 down player and disruptive in the run game. Barnett reminds me of Richard Seymour, if only a little smaller in frame. I really would love to see that guy wearing a star on his helmet.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm down for trading up for Barnett only (Solomon Thomas too, but don't think he will fall). And he would have to fall to somewhere around #20 because at that point the cost might theoretically only be our first and third round pick. Not interested in giving up a second round pick in this draft, but our third at the end of the round for a shot at Barnett is worth it.

Barnett is a beast. In 3 years at Tennessee he was 3x1st team SEC, had double digit sacks each year, and broke Reggie White's sack record. He's a 3 down player and disruptive in the run game. Barnett reminds me of Richard Seymour, if only a little smaller in frame. I really would love to see that guy wearing a star on his helmet.
Hopefully if we trade up is does NOT include our 2nd rounder. We would really have t olove a guy to give up that pick

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully if we trade up is does NOT include our 2nd rounder. We would really have t olove a guy to give up that pick

I couldn't endorse that kind of trade this year.