• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baalke on offense

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Baalke: Kaepernick developing chemistry with Reggie Bush | CSN Bay Area

I know Baalke is probably just blowing smoke up the media's rear end. Hope it really translates into the season.

“The one thing that really shows up is the way the field’s opened up more with the speed or Torrey being able to stretch the outside,” Baalke said. “And it really helps Vernon’s game because now Vernon’s game is (to) stretch the field a little bit, as well."

See? Or hope to see? I mean, can you see that in OTAs? I am hopeful, but if Bush is good how long can he last? A few games? A couple of years?

Those criticisms aside, it is good to hear the Niners show some respect and appreciation for speed. Finally.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“The one thing that really shows up is the way the field’s opened up more with the speed or Torrey being able to stretch the outside,” Baalke said. “And it really helps Vernon’s game because now Vernon’s game is (to) stretch the field a little bit, as well."

See? Or hope to see? I mean, can you see that in OTAs? I am hopeful, but if Bush is good how long can he last? A few games? A couple of years?

Those criticisms aside, it is good to hear the Niners show some respect and appreciation for speed. Finally.

We know Torrey Smith can open up the field because he has the speed and ability to go deep, did it in Baltimore, and that has to be respected by opposing defenses. The only deep threat this team had for the past couple of years has been Vernon Davis, and Davis wasn't himself last year. The starting WRs on this roster have all been possession receivers. As far as Bush goes, he has been injured, plus he is getting up there in age. If he can somehow manage to stay healthy, he could be valuable catching passes out of the backfield. At least this coaching staff is bringing back screen passes and utilizing the RBs in the passing game. That has been one of the criticisms of Harbaugh's offense. One of my concerns is Boone and Davis missing OTAs. The offensive line in switching to a zone blocking scheme. It is important for these guys to be here and they bailed.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know Torrey Smith can open up the field because he has the speed and ability to go deep, did it in Baltimore, and that has to be respected by opposing defenses. The only deep threat this team had for the past couple of years has been Vernon Davis, and Davis wasn't himself last year. The starting WRs on this roster have all been possession receivers. As far as Bush goes, he has been injured, plus he is getting up there in age. If he can somehow manage to stay healthy, he could be valuable catching passes out of the backfield. At least this coaching staff is bringing back screen passes and utilizing the RBs in the passing game. That has been one of the criticisms of Harbaugh's offense. One of my concerns is Boone and Davis missing OTAs. The offensive line in switching to a zone blocking scheme. It is important for these guys to be here and they bailed.

Fuck Boone. I want him gone and would be thrilled to death to let Martin and Thomas start at both G spots and completely fuck over the market that would be into Boone going into a contract year, much like what happened to Crabtree. New regime, new zone blocking, and you are MIA? GTFOH.

Davis gets a pass if he is rehabbing but his big ass mouth needs to get back in camp and focus on football. He is nicely paid for what he does, especially given how little he has played over the past year or so. Get your fat ass back in camp and get with the program.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bush is worried about a roster spot. I can't think of any RB that wouldn't want to compete for the top job. This concerns about his commitment.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Boone. I want him gone and would be thrilled to death to let Martin and Thomas start at both G spots and completely fuck over the market that would be into Boone going into a contract year, much like what happened to Crabtree. New regime, new zone blocking, and you are MIA? GTFOH.

Davis gets a pass if he is rehabbing but his big ass mouth needs to get back in camp and focus on football. He is nicely paid for what he does, especially given how little he has played over the past year or so. Get your fat ass back in camp and get with the program.
Have to agree with you on Boone. Dude is a cancer that needs to be removed so the 9ers can move on. V Davis is a big ? mark. IMO he will never be a play maker again but he is still the top TE on the team at the moment. I know he misses Alex's dump passes.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree with you on Boone. Dude is a cancer that needs to be removed so the 9ers can move on. V Davis is a big ? mark. IMO he will never be a play maker again but he is still the top TE on the team at the moment. I know he misses Alex's dump passes.

Back injuries are never temporary. He hurt his back last season and the ONLY quality he had working for him prior to the injury was his explosiveness, the attribute most directly affected by a back injury. I don't envision him being THAT guy again, not with his inconsistent hands. We have a stable of young guys that could potentially take his spot if/when he falters, but I'm most excited about Carrier and Busta. I hope McDonald can get it together because if he can, he's a beast. But ultimately, it comes down to the fact that VD NEEDS to be there in order to solidify himself as a leader, the incumbent at TE, and an offensive threat. Otherwise, guys like Carrier, who have already shown an ability to hold onto the ball, will steal his shine and ultimately his job.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back injuries are never temporary. He hurt his back last season and the ONLY quality he had working for him prior to the injury was his explosiveness, the attribute most directly affected by a back injury. I don't envision him being THAT guy again, not with his inconsistent hands. We have a stable of young guys that could potentially take his spot if/when he falters, but I'm most excited about Carrier and Busta. I hope McDonald can get it together because if he can, he's a beast. But ultimately, it comes down to the fact that VD NEEDS to be there in order to solidify himself as a leader, the incumbent at TE, and an offensive threat. Otherwise, guys like Carrier, who have already shown an ability to hold onto the ball, will steal his shine and ultimately his job.
Currently eight TEs on the team. This would be a sign of a possible change to come IMO. I would like to see what Blake or Andreson have to offer but I would agree that Vance or Derek might make the roster over the rookies

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been keeping 3 TEs on the roster. I assume that to continue.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We have been keeping 3 TEs on the roster. I assume that to continue.

I could very easily see us keeping a fourth TE and five WRs as opposed to the six we've carried lately. We're only five-deep at WR anyway (really closer to four-deep). Davis is a FA next year, and without a pretty serious rebound he probably leaves. We need to find our next starter this year, and as I see it, Carrier, McDonald, Bell, and even Anderson are all more or less on equal footing at this point.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could very easily see us keeping a fourth TE and five WRs as opposed to the six we've carried lately. We're only five-deep at WR anyway (really closer to four-deep). Davis is a FA next year, and without a pretty serious rebound he probably leaves. We need to find our next starter this year, and as I see it, Carrier, McDonald, Bell, and even Anderson are all more or less on equal footing at this point.

^^^This.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boone does seem to have a shitty attitude

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bush is worried about a roster spot. I can't think of any RB that wouldn't want to compete for the top job. This concerns about his commitment.

Bush did offer to return punts.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boone does seem to have a shitty attitude

He has Revis' attitude without comparable skills. I am a FIRM believer in that your talent level must SEVERELY dwarf your attitude or its just not worth it. As soon as Crabtree made his "3rd down WR" comment last season, given the type of season the Niners dealt with, he was worthless to me. Boone IMO deserved a paycheck and I would have been willing (if I were GM) to write that check if he had kept his mouth shut, shown up to ALL team activities, and worked his ass off like when he was that UDFA the team took a chance on after his drinking issues.

Instead we got an OL version of asshole Rod Tidwell.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

fine if they use four TE's and five WR's. they might even use one as an H back type?

"equal footing at THIS POINT"? will our offensive scheme change THAT much? at this point, McDonald and Carrier should be ahead of Bell and Andersen, especially Bell. Rookies are rookies and even though McDonald and Carrier don't have a lot of snaps, they've been in the NFL.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When I said equal footing, I was primarily referring to equal footing when looking to finding a starter for 2016.

That said, even looking at roles this year, it cuts both ways for McDonald in particular. Yes, he has NFL experience. But he's done almost nothing as a receiver in two seasons. The team could absolutely consider moving on from him if he continues to struggle. He's got to be considered at least somewhat on the roster bubble this year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When I said equal footing, I was primarily referring to equal footing when looking to finding a starter for 2016.

That said, even looking at roles this year, it cuts both ways for McDonald in particular. Yes, he has NFL experience. But he's done almost nothing as a receiver in two seasons. The team could absolutely consider moving on from him if he continues to struggle. He's got to be considered at least somewhat on the roster bubble this year.

for 2016? if that wasn't a typo, why would you be concerned with 2016 before 2015?

if it was a typo, then rookies are behind vets - at this point - when looking for a starter in 2015. So at this point they are not all on 'equal footing'.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
for 2016? if that wasn't a typo, why would you be concerned with 2016 before 2015?

if it was a typo, then rookies are behind vets - at this point - when looking for a starter in 2015. So at this point they are not all on 'equal footing'.

It wasn't a typo. As I said:

We need to find our next starter this year, and as I see it, Carrier, McDonald, Bell, and even Anderson are all more or less on equal footing at this point.

We need to find our next starter THIS YEAR because Vernon Davis, our current starter, is a free agent NEXT YEAR. We have brought in all of these TEs in the hope that one or two shake out as major contributors by 2016. And if McDonald has any sort of edge in the race to be the 2016 starter, I think it's pretty minimal given what he's shown as a receiver to date. Or what he hasn't shown.

Certainly we would also like a contribution this season, but the bigger question for these guys is 2016 and beyond.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because Vernon Davis is the starting TE and is under contract for this season. His contract is up at the end of the 2015 season.