• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baalke needs to take some of the blame

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two little RB who are not cutting it ... Hunter and James.

A bust at WR on the first round pick

No trade before the deadline to bring help at WR in for the stretch drive.

Baalke needs to take some of the blame for no explosive WR and back up RB out there.

:gaah:

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ the sky is falling and were 0-10....

Man how this fan base rears it's ugly head right back around as soon as we lose a couple games. Yet are stil 6-4.

Never seen so much hate for Harbs,baalke , roman and kap before. Did we forget how bad it was before this regime?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to freakin' relax. We have some holes. There is a lot to work on. But we're still in the playoff hunt, and if we get hot at the right time, like the last three SB Champs have shown, we can be dangerous down the line.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a Super Bowl or bust type of year and you can't blame the fans for being upset with the way it is going.

All the commercials and magazine adds put this team in the Super Bowl in August.

I like the fact that there is a higher standard here in SF.

It's frustrating watching this offense except for Frank Gore running. Gore has been held back on carries each week.

I am not a Roman fan and he needs to go. The 49ers need to have a passing game in these years of PI every long passing play downfield. Too much vanilla offense for my taste.

This could be a great SB team. We just want the best out of the front office and coaches. I am just saying there is some blame to go around including Balkke.

Go big or go home.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a Super Bowl or bust type of year and you can't blame the fans for being upset with the way it is going.

All the commercials and magazine adds put this team in the Super Bowl in August.

It's frustrating watching this offense except for Frank Gore running. Gore has been held back on carries each week.

I am not a Roman fan and he needs to go. The 49ers have to have a passing game in these years of PI every long passing play downfield. Too much vanilla offense for my taste.

This could be a great SB team. We just want the best out of the front office and coaches. I am just saying there is some blame to go around including Balkke.

Go big or go home.

That's all fine and dandy.

You do realize that no nfl game is easy and if it was we could be undefeated every yr. Give credit to other teams. We have lost to 4 good teams this year.

There is so much parity in this league it's rediculous. Hell the panthers were talking bout firing rivers 6 weeks ago. The colts got stampeded by the rams. Saints lost to the jets and pats who just lost to the panthers. I could go on.

We just lost 2 very close and winnable games. The NFL is a tough league to win in. He'll look at the ravens right now...

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all fine and dandy.

You do realize that no nfl game is easy and if it was we could be undefeated every yr. Give credit to other teams. We have lost to 4 good teams this year.

There is so much parity in this league it's rediculous. Hell the panthers were talking bout firing rivers 6 weeks ago. The colts got stampeded by the rams. Saints lost to the jets and pats who just lost to the panthers. I could go on.

We just lost 2 very close and winnable games. The NFL is a tough league to win in. He'll look at the ravens right now...

Close is not good enough. It's all about wins. This is the NFL son,which stands for Not For Long when you don't produce wins.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close is not good enough. It's all about wins. This is the NFL son,which stands for Not For Long when you don't produce wins.

Were still 6-4 you make it seek like were the jaguars son.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers should be at least 8-2 and still fighting for the division. Like I said 6-4 is not good enough this year. Fighting for the 6th spot in the playoffs is not good enough.

If they can run the table and win all their games in the playoffs on the road I will tip my cap to them.

They can do it but it's uphill from here out. Going to NO or SEA if they make it that far will be tough.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers should be at least 8-2 and still fighting for the division. Like I said 6-4 is not good enough this year. Fighting for the 6th spot in the playoffs is not good enough.

If they can run the table and win all their games in the playoffs on the road I will tip my cap to them.

They can do it but it's uphill from here out. Going to NO or SEA if they make it that far will be tough.

Really? If they win all their remaining games all they get is a tip of the cap? So much vitriol for 2 straight losses by 4 points but if they win every single game and the Super Bowl that's just a tip of the cap. Until the next time the Niners lose two in a row? Or heaven forbid 3 in a row.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can go into NO and win.. We went into ATL last year and won. Should of beat NO this year in NO, and our streak is bound to end at some point in SEA.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here have been my biggest beefs with Baalke since he's been a GM:

1. Not signing / trading for a big-name WR. The Niners have needed a deep threat at WR since Alex Smith was a free agent. Mike Wallace when he was a RFA, Mike Wallace when he was an URFA, Steve Smith when he was on the block... They needed to make that one move to put the roster over the top IMO, and they didn't do it. Settling for the WR corps they've had the last 2 years (Randy Moss) was a huge mistake. And I did not like the AJ Jenkins pick; they should've traded up for Decastro or taken Janoris / Cordy Glenn.

2. Sticking with Goodwin. He has ALWAYS been riding Iupati's / Boone's coat tails. He sucks. The OL could have been AMAZING with even a good center; Goodiwn is like a big ol' canker sore on an otherwise great OL.

3. Settling for Donte Whitner. He can't cover. It's more important to be able to cover than to be a leader / hit hard. And the few good plays he's made this season isn't going to trick me into thinking he's not a liability in the passing game.

4. Not cutting Carlos Rogers & signing a CB. :gaah:

5. Letting Ted Ginn Jr. go. :(

6. Neglecting D-line depth (last year). I was extremely worried about this at the beginning of 2012, and it ended up being one of the biggest reasons the Ravens scored at will.

These issues were bigger priorities than... say... signing Bowman to a contract extension.

Baalke's done a great job, but some of the problems with this team that NEVER seem to get better just boggle my mind. Kind of like the delay of game crap (which isn't Baalke's fault of course).

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Overall Baalke has been great. Has he made mistakes? Of course but that's just the nature of building a team in the NFL.

And how is the complete lack of proper usage of LMJ his fault? I don't think he had envisioned LMJ getting the ball right up the middle on 3rd and 2 when he drafted him. Until I see LMJ used more like a Darren Sproles or Reggie Bush and fail at I won't hang that on Baalke yet.

And Hunter has been just fine as a 4th round back. Gore is just so good it's been hard for Hunter to get a lot of touches.

Even the best of teams go through ups and downs. Under the glory era of Bill Walsh and the team of the 80's won 10 games and under more than they had 10+ wins

Bill Walsh Record, Statistics, and Category Ranks - Pro-Football-Reference.com

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Two little RB who are not cutting it ... Hunter and James.

A bust at WR on the first round pick

No trade before the deadline to bring help at WR in for the stretch drive.

Baalke needs to take some of the blame for no explosive WR and back up RB out there.

:gaah:

Hard to cut it when you are given nothing to cut. Hunter has looked great for several of his carries, LMJ has been given nothing to do. They need more, they are the kind of guys who can pressure a defense. Frank can pound 'em, but no worries about a long one.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh he gets blame. Look at the 2012 draft. Complete flop across the board.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every gm get criticized, but I can name about 75% of the teAms probably even more that would love to have him.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aj jenkins was suppose to be that speed guy. he didn't work out, but imo with davis we don't absolutely need a speed guy. davis can stretch the field and leave the underneath stuff for others.

imo baalke has put together enough talent for us to compete. fangio is doing his job, i don't think roman is doing his.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter is fine. I will say Baalke did screw up at the Deadline. Should of gave a 2nd rd pick for Josh Gordon. Besides that I think Baalke has been fine. 2nd year in a row he didn't make a move before the deadline and both years we needed a WR. He thought we would be ok and guess what we weren't.

He needs to learn to make moves. I think trading Smith was a home run. 2 2nd rd picks is great. Its his in season moves he needs to get a better feeling for.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jesus Christ the sky is falling and were 0-10....

Man how this fan base rears it's ugly head right back around as soon as we lose a couple games. Yet are stil 6-4.

Never seen so much hate for Harbs,baalke , roman and kap before. Did we forget how bad it was before this regime?

haaa, no chit!

but that's the nature of fans, lose two games and fingers are pointing at EVERYONE. didn't read this thread yet but expecting to see Jed mentioned somewhere? :-)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I am not a Roman fan and he needs to go. The 49ers need to have a passing game in these years of PI every long passing play downfield. Too much vanilla offense for my taste.

Go big or go home.

yes, we're all frustrated and i'd bet the players and Coaches more so that us?

history shows losing SB teams struggle the next season, ie depends on each person's expectations? did you EXPECT we'd go undefeated?

not happy we lost two in a row, but 6-4 isn't a disaster.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here have been my biggest beefs with Baalke since he's been a GM:

1. Not signing / trading for a big-name WR. The Niners have needed a deep threat at WR since Alex Smith was a free agent. Mike Wallace when he was a RFA, Mike Wallace when he was an URFA, Steve Smith when he was on the block... They needed to make that one move to put the roster over the top IMO, and they didn't do it. Settling for the WR corps they've had the last 2 years (Randy Moss) was a huge mistake. And I did not like the AJ Jenkins pick; they should've traded up for Decastro or taken Janoris / Cordy Glenn.

2. Sticking with Goodwin. He has ALWAYS been riding Iupati's / Boone's coat tails. He sucks. The OL could have been AMAZING with even a good center; Goodiwn is like a big ol' canker sore on an otherwise great OL.

3. Settling for Donte Whitner. He can't cover. It's more important to be able to cover than to be a leader / hit hard. And the few good plays he's made this season isn't going to trick me into thinking he's not a liability in the passing game.

4. Not cutting Carlos Rogers & signing a CB. :gaah:

5. Letting Ted Ginn Jr. go. :(

6. Neglecting D-line depth (last year). I was extremely worried about this at the beginning of 2012, and it ended up being one of the biggest reasons the Ravens scored at will.

These issues were bigger priorities than... say... signing Bowman to a contract extension.

Baalke's done a great job, but some of the problems with this team that NEVER seem to get better just boggle my mind. Kind of like the delay of game crap (which isn't Baalke's fault of course).

so great still isn't good enough? how many other NFL GM's are in the 'great' category?