• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Thread

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre crazy lol.

You think Purdue Michigan and Ohio St are in for sure? With a month left? Anyone who finishes less than .500 in conference play isn’t a lock at all. Imo

I’ll bet they don’t get 10 or more in

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think so? Interesting

I’ll bet you on that. I don’t think they get in 10

Yeah I would be anything on it.

Right now there are 12 teams in contention(Minny on the outside right now). So to get under 10 you need 2 more teams to fall out. They all keep playing each other so it's almost impossible.

Even Minny has a pretty favorable final 7 as well. Them and Indiana play each other twice still. If one of them sweeps, that may eliminate one of them but it also makes it far more likely the other now gets in.

Purude, Minnesota and Indiana are basically the 3 you are banking on missing out. Everyone else would have to basically lose out.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely pillow fight. Your novels are about as adorable as your homer love for Minnesota. Illinois beat Wisconsin this year correct? Lol. 38-17 the Gophers got spanked by Wiscy. I’m gonna leave that there for you to marinate on cuz it’s pretty funny

And Gopher fans CHEERED loudly in joy when the crappy Illini beat the Badgers.

And those Illini beat Minnesota, too, right? lol

And Minnesota beat the Auburn team that beat Oregon and Bama, and didn't they also beat Georgia? I mean, we can play this game all day long dude, but with an 11-2 season, vs what, 6-7 for the Illini? I'm guessing I know who'd come out on top. :)

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right now there are 12 teams in contention(Minny on the outside right now). So to get under 10 you need 2 more teams to fall out. They all keep playing each other so it's almost impossible.

Even Minny has a pretty favorable final 7 as well. Them and Indiana play each other twice still. If one of them sweeps, that may eliminate one of them but it also makes it far more likely the other now gets in.

Purude, Minnesota and Indiana are basically the 3 you are banking on missing out. Everyone else would have to basically lose out.

Minnesota has 4 games left with teams below them in the standings, including NW and Nebraska and a 5th game vs UW who we match up well against and I predict we will beat in Madison. That leaves two tough opponents, Iowa and Maryland and we play both of those games at home. So finishing out 5-2 is very doable. Although that could require sweeping IU if we can't win either of the home games vs Iowa or Maryland.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely pillow fight. Your novels are about as adorable as your homer love for Minnesota. Illinois beat Wisconsin this year correct? Lol. 38-17 the Gophers got spanked by Wiscy. I’m gonna leave that there for you to marinate on cuz it’s pretty funny

Illinois has how many Natl Titles in cbb???

That's what I thought. Marinate on THAT, cuz I think that's pretty funny.

Even if you go Pre-NCAA, UMn then has 3 to the Illini's ONE. lol

Thanks for playing though.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m with you on this but anyone around .500 In the conference is a ?? Imo. Illinois could get cold again and squeak in at 9-7 or something like that. Last month of the year will see who finishes strong

10 is a lot and it very well could happen this year but I just have a feeling it will be under that. I could be wrong

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illinois has how many Natl Titles in cbb???

That's what I thought. Marinate on THAT, cuz I think that's pretty funny.

Even if you go Pre-NCAA, UMn then has 3 to the Illini's ONE. lol

Thanks for playing though.

are we back on Minnesota CFB titles back in the 1800s? Were you alive man? Lol

You are reaching UCFhonors status here

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m with you on this but anyone around .500 In the conference is a ?? Imo. Illinois could get cold again and squeak in at 9-7 or something like that. Last month of the year will see who finishes strong

10 is a lot and it very well could happen this year but I just have a feeling it will be under that. I could be wrong

Typically you would be right about 10 being a lot. But this year is a perfect storm for the big 10. Its one of only 2 competent leagues in a really weak year with a really, really weak bubble.

This bubble is so unbelievably bad that there will be some under .500 conference teams getting in if its the right teams. A team like Minnesota probably can't even be .500, they would require 11-9 imo.

But teams like OSU or Butler in the BE have much more wiggle room.

The ACC and Pac 12 are piles of shit and the Big12 isnt as strong as it usually is.

Theres gonna be some weird ass records getting in.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Badgers probably make it in with 10 B1G wins, but I want 11 to feel safe. That would mean 4-3 the rest of the year.

I agree 10 make it in, but it's not the lock you are discussing.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typically you would be right about 10 being a lot. But this year is a perfect storm for the big 10. Its one of only 2 competent leagues in a really weak year with a really, really weak bubble.

This bubble is so unbelievably bad that there will be some under .500 conference teams getting in if its the right teams. A team like Minnesota probably can't even be .500, they would require 11-9 imo.

But teams like OSU or Butler in the BE have much more wiggle room.

The ACC and Pac 12 are piles of shit and the Big12 isnt as strong as it usually is.

Theres gonna be some weird ass records getting in.

I agree.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Badgers probably make it in with 10 B1G wins, but I want 11 to feel safe. That would mean 4-3 the rest of the year.

I agree 10 make it in, but it's not the lock you are discussing.

Badgers are definitely in with 10. They haven't been on the outside looking in of any bracket anytime they have been .500 in conference.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Purdue Michigan and Ohio St are in for sure? With a month left? Anyone who finishes less than .500 in conference play isn’t a lock at all. Imo

I’ll bet they don’t get 10 or more in
Pretty much. I think UM and OSU have good enough resumes to get in with 9 league wins.( maybe even 8) Purdue may have to get to 10 but theyd have to go 2-5 the rest of the way yo not get there

Basically any loss you take in the B10 doesnt really impact you much unless its to Neb or NW and every win you get is likely vs a tourney type team. Its just really tough to fall out of the bracket when every game is a good win or a " good loss". Save someone utterly collapsing i think its 10 minimum

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone with a .500 record in the big 10 gets in

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are we back on Minnesota CFB titles back in the 1800s? Were you alive man? Lol

You are reaching UCFhonors status here

My father, who is still alive and quite healthy, was alive for all 6 of the recognized cfb Titles UMn won.

I grew up watching the players on those 1960s teams in the NFL. Same with the players on that 1973 Gopher Baseball team that got to the CWS after winning 3 Natl Titles from 56-64. Illinois ever win any College Baseball Titles? Yeah, didn't think so. And I enjoyed watching the boys from that 72 Big Ten Champs cbb team, and the guys from the 77 and then the 82 Big Ten Champs cbb team playing in the NBA. How many NBA players has the Illini produced? UMn's close to 50 I believe, with 4 Naismith HOFers. And I also enjoyed watching the guys from the THREE Gopher Hockey Championship teams of the 70's help America get over it's late 70s funk by performing that Miracle on Ice. Oh, but Illinois doesn't have hockey, do they? Wrestling maybe? Nah, you ain't got that, either, do you, or at least nothing worth talking about. Any Men's Golf Natl Titles maybe? I mean, Minnesota only has One of those? Guess not, eh? :(

But you got the Gophers whooped in Men's Gymnastics it seems? So there is that I guess, if you are into that sort of thing that is?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My father, who is still alive and quite healthy, was alive for all 6 of the recognized cfb Titles UMn won.

I grew up watching the players on those 1960s teams in the NFL. Same with the players on that 1973 Gopher Baseball team that got to the CWS after winning 3 Natl Titles from 56-64. Illinois ever win any College Baseball Titles? Yeah, didn't think so. And I enjoyed watching the boys from that 72 Big Ten Champs cbb team, and the guys from the 77 and then the 82 Big Ten Champs cbb team playing in the NBA. How many NBA players has the Illini produced? UMn's close to 50 I believe, with 4 Naismith HOFers. And I also enjoyed watching the guys from the THREE Gopher Hockey Championship teams of the 70's help America get over it's late 70s funk by performing that Miracle on Ice. Oh, but Illinois doesn't have hockey, do they? Wrestling maybe? Nah, you ain't got that, either, do you, or at least nothing worth talking about. Any Men's Golf Natl Titles maybe? I mean, Minnesota only has One of those? Guess not, eh? :(

But you got the Gophers whooped in Men's Gymnastics it seems? So there is that I guess, if you are into that sort of thing that is?

Just wow :L

UCFhonors is looking up at you

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at what the big 10 has done in football. Nothing besides what Ohio St has done. B-ball? 7 appearances in national title games since 2000? By 5 different teams I believe. March is always a toss up in b-ball. Throw in the one and done and it’s really tough to judge.

Hell Duke, Kentucky and Kansas have been getting the cream of the crop b-ball recruits from Chicago for years. Hopefully that is starting to go Illinois way. No reason they shouldn’t be a top 30 team Every year. Chicago can’t be touched when it comes to high school b-ball talent. Some years are better than others of course but overall it’s loaded about every year

That's an unintentionally funny way of putting it. A lot of middlemen between coaches and the players. All with their hands out. I certainly wouldn't want to rely on getting guys from Chicago for my program to succeed.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EFBA792D-A128-44E8-A489-46A9347E69EC.png

I would say the teams here with 7,8,9 wins are pretty safe.

Minnesota at 6-7 conference record and 12-11 overall? They better start winning. That’s a very bad road record. A couple good wins and a couple bad losses. On the bubble currently

OSU, Indiana, Michigan at 5-7 conference? I’d say they’d better starting making a run to get in.

I could see 10. But I could also see 9. Still a lot of b-ball to play.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wow :L

UCFhonors is looking up at you

And why is that? UCF never beat anyone that mattered.

UMn football did. UMn bb did. UMn Baseball did. UMn hockey did. Heck, UMn hockey basically beat the frigging Russians!! And UMn Wr took down a Dynasty when they beat Iowa to win their first Title, and then their 2nd a year later. They were the first team ever to garner 10 All-Americans on the same team, so basically every weight class that year. And that Golf team broke records when it went from being the last team to qualify after the qualifying round, to Natl Champs in just 36 holes.

But I forgot, the Illini beat Wisconsin this year to finish 6-7, I should bow to their utter greatness, eh? lol

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an unintentionally funny way of putting it. A lot of middlemen between coaches and the players. All with their hands out. I certainly wouldn't want to rely on getting guys from Chicago for my program to succeed.

You talking b-ball? Sorry we’ve been flipping with the resident Minny homer.

If I could get just a few of the better b-ball players every year from Chicago and state of Illinois in general I’d have a top 20 team every single year.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 232170

I would say the teams here with 7,8,9 wins are pretty safe.

Minnesota at 6-7 conference record and 12-11 overall? They better start winning. That’s a very bad road record. A couple good wins and a couple bad losses. On the bubble currently

OSU, Indiana, Michigan at 5-7 conference? I’d say they’d better starting making a run to get in.

I could see 10. But I could also see 9. Still a lot of b-ball to play.

The combined record of 4 of UMn's final 7 opponents is 13-34. 20-40 if you add in Wisconsin who we already beat once quite easily. That includes a road game to IU, so we might not go 5-0 vs this group of 5 teams, but it's definitely possible. Leaving only home games vs Iowa and Maryland I believe?

So Minnesota could very well start winning. 5-2 is well within reach to finish out, 6-1 maybe even, or even 7-0 could be possible if Willis keeps playing like he did vs Wisconsin and if one other player can step up just a little bit even? But they could literally finish out 3-4, too. I'd bet against that, but it's possible.