• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Thread

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gophers have two players. Then a bunch of horizon league talent behind them with no depth.

Inspiring comeback but thats the norm for them on the road. Get down big, comeback, fall short.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa scores 41 in a half that they also went almost 8 minutes without scoring a single point. Thats normal

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa scores 41 in a half that they also went almost 8 minutes without scoring a single point. Thats normal
Some days they look unstoppable, then there are games like the Purdue game or the first game against Nebraska. Crazy.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some days they look unstoppable, then there are games like the Purdue game or the first game against Nebraska. Crazy.
The Purdue game was less about Iowa than it was that Purdue just shot it insanely good

I like where we at overall though

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh snap I’m all up in your head too.. Congrats :suds:

Big 10 is only relevant in b-ball my man. Where I grew up b-ball is king

How is the B1G only relevant in bb? It's won just as many Natties in cbb since 2000 than it has in cfb. A few more of it's cbb team may get into the FF, but that has more to do with the ESPN/SEC relationship meaning never more than 1 B1G team will ever get into the cfp until both teams in the B1G Title game are undefeated with wins over Top 10 teams in the ooc.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is the B1G only relevant in bb? It's won just as many Natties in cbb since 2000 than it has in cfb. A few more of it's cbb team may get into the FF, but that has more to do with the ESPN/SEC relationship meaning never more than 1 B1G team will ever get into the cfp until both teams in the B1G Title game are undefeated with wins over Top 10 teams in the ooc.

Ahh the ESPN SEC relationship. Lol

The big10 this year is loaded. Yes the B10 gets more teams in the final four of b-ball than in football. The natty or bust argument I can agree with you as of late but states like Illinois and Indiana b-ball is king.

Overall the talent for b-ball coming out of the Midwest is much better than football.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The big10 this year is loaded. Yes the B10 gets more teams in the final four of b-ball than in football. The natty or bust argument I can agree with you as of late but states like Illinois and Indiana b-ball is king.

Overall the talent for b-ball coming out of the Midwest is much better than football.

It's loaded, but the problem is that the teams that performed well OOC are stinking it up in conference.

OSU gets swept by a Wisconsin team already with 10 losses.

Everybody is going to be downseeded.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's loaded, but the problem is that the teams that performed well OOC are stinking it up in conference.

It is weird because teams like OSU, Michigan and IU all had great OOC performances, and now they are all tied for 10th in the league.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I can agree with that. But my guess is that has as much to do with a bb team needing only 5 starters, 13 total players, and a cfb team needing 25? starters and 85 total players? Add in that northern/B1G states lose some potential fb players to hockey and wrestling that other regions don't lose, and....

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, some of the games we thought were big ooc wins at the time, have lost some or alot of their shine since then.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s loaded but yeah who knows come March. My point is that Big 10 b-ball is way more relevant than big 10 football. It’s not even close lately. Ohio St football is somewhat relevant in football but the rest of the group hasn’t done a dam thing.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I can agree with that. But my guess is that has as much to do with a bb team needing only 5 starters, 13 total players, and a cfb team needing 25? starters and 85 total players? Add in that northern/B1G states lose some potential fb players to hockey and wrestling that other regions don't lose, and....

Look at what the big 10 has done in football. Nothing besides what Ohio St has done. B-ball? 7 appearances in national title games since 2000? By 5 different teams I believe. March is always a toss up in b-ball. Throw in the one and done and it’s really tough to judge.

Hell Duke, Kentucky and Kansas have been getting the cream of the crop b-ball recruits from Chicago for years. Hopefully that is starting to go Illinois way. No reason they shouldn’t be a top 30 team Every year. Chicago can’t be touched when it comes to high school b-ball talent. Some years are better than others of course but overall it’s loaded about every year

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, some of the games we thought were big ooc wins at the time, have lost some or alot of their shine since then.

That is somewhat true, but OSU and Michigan have wins over Gonzaga, UK, and Nova, and Creighton.

Maryland in 1st place and they still have to play MSU twice. It's gonna be a rough ending.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is weird because teams like OSU, Michigan and IU all had great OOC performances, and now they are all tied for 10th in the league.

There's a slim chance that all 12 teams get in, but none with a protected seed.

VERY slim, but possible, that would be wild.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at what the big 10 has done in football. Nothing besides what Ohio St has done. B-ball? 7 appearances in national title games since 2000? By 5 different teams I believe. March is always a toss up in b-ball. Throw in the one and done and it’s really tough to judge.

Hell Duke, Kentucky and Kansas have been getting the cream of the crop b-ball recruits from Chicago for years. Hopefully that is starting to go Illinois way. No reason they shouldn’t be a top 30 team Every year. Chicago can’t be touched when it comes to high school b-ball talent. Some years are better than others of course but overall it’s loaded about every year

Well, that is all just circumstances. UMn and Michigan have struggled with crappy coaches. PSU had the whole Sandusky thing. Iowa and MSU had decent coaches, but just not the kind of coaches to get them to the next level. But things are changing, especially in the West. UMn solved their coaching issue, along with finally putting the money into the program that was required. Wisco's recruiting continues to slowly get better and better. Nebraska's recruiting has also been steadily improving, as has Minnesota's and Iowa's, too. And Frost might be NU's solution to the coaching issue they were having. And PSU is settling in as a program fully recovered from that Sandusky thing. So I see the combo of PSU/Mich/MN/UW/NU/IA/NW taking turns finishing in the Top 10 with most of those all making the Top 20-25 on almost an annual basis. And if NU/UW/IA/MN all keep improving when it comes to recruiting, they are eventually going to start sending teams to the Conf Title Game that can compete with OSU/PSU.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The B1G is on par with most other power leagues in cbb. 5 programs have made a FF(OSU, Michigan, Illinois, IU and MSU). But other leagues are right there with them. Big 12 has Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech and KU. ACC has Duke, UNC, Georgia tech, Cuse in 2016, MD in 2001 and 2002, and UVA. The Big East had a ton before realignment with Nova after realignment. Sec has had UK, South Carolina, Florida, LSU and Auburn. Really only the Pac 12 lags behind with Oregon and UCLA.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like always a tale of 3 seasons. Early games, games in the middle, and who gets hot late.

I wondered about OSU b-ball this year and how high they were ranked. I watched them last year in the tourney in Tulsa and they looked ok at best

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s loaded but yeah who knows come March. My point is that Big 10 b-ball is way more relevant than big 10 football. It’s not even close lately. Ohio St football is somewhat relevant in football but the rest of the group hasn’t done a dam thing.

Granted, I'm not the most knowledgeable CFB fan, but I would argue it's similar.

In basketball, you have the ACC who dominates. In football, the SEC dominates.

The other leagues have a program or two who is capable of winning it all (Villanova/Clemson), and then just a bunch of good to OK programs.

It's not as apparent in CBB how dominant the ACC is, but it's pretty similar I'd say.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that is all just circumstances. UMn and Michigan have struggled with crappy coaches. PSU had the whole Sandusky thing. Iowa and MSU had decent coaches, but just not the kind of coaches to get them to the next level. But things are changing, especially in the West. UMn solved their coaching issue, along with finally putting the money into the program that was required. Wisco's recruiting continues to slowly get better and better. Nebraska's recruiting has also been steadily improving, as has Minnesota's and Iowa's, too. And Frost might be NU's solution to the coaching issue they were having. And PSU is settling in as a program fully recovered from that Sandusky thing. So I see the combo of PSU/Mich/MN/UW/NU/IA/NW taking turns finishing in the Top 10 with most of those all making the Top 20-25 on almost an annual basis. And if NU/UW/IA/MN all keep improving when it comes to recruiting, they are eventually going to start sending teams to the Conf Title Game that can compete with OSU/PSU.

doesn’t matter the best HS football players in the country are mostly in the Deep South. You can pull the best players from Minnesota or Wisconsin or Michigan but those kids won’t beat the best players from Georgia Florida or Alabama

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a slim chance that all 12 teams get in, but none with a protected seed.

VERY slim, but possible, that would be wild.

That would actually be pretty crazy. It would also be a nightmare for the committee because I'm sure they would have to adjust their true seed lines to avoid B1G teams playing each other in the 1st round. I do think Maryland will end up getting a protected seed. I'm not sure if they are closer to Greensboro or Albany, but they seem like a sure bet to end up at one of those locations.