• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B-Wags Being Released?

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on a radio podcast.... sad Seahawk day

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was expected... either a release or restructure. I love Wagner who is a future HOFer and really hope he comes back for a smaller contract.

But now Seattle is in full blow up mode with Wilson gone. Adams and Lockett (resigning) seem like absolutely wasted/dumb decisions now because they will be hard to release without absorbing a HUGE dead cap but I guess we wont have a super expensive QB for a while either.

I think with this blow up we should've just ditched Carroll as well, but dunno who'd you'd replace him with. Everyone is going offensive coaches now... I think Carroll's style of coaching is just a thing of the past. But who knows...

Maybe Carroll wants to end his Seahawks legacy with, "Well, I rebuilt it for Seattle before I left... I didn't try to stretch it out." But 1) that's a ballsy move, and 2) it gives him a scapegoat in the event Seattle goes to the cellar. "Well I was trying to help Seattle restart and make the necessary moves. It was up to the new coaching staff to use what I gave them."

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inevitable move given his age and contract situation. It was either get him to agree to a paycut in the form of an extension, or he was getting cut. Pretty much what happens to every non-QB over the age of 30 when they get to the last year of an inflated contract.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson Football GIF by Seattle Seahawks

Thanks for everything Bobby! You will be sorely missed.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucks of course. Wags was definitely a favorite.

Honestly, I hope Denver picks him up and they win the next 2 SB's with Russ and Wags. If the Hawks can't win it, I'd be happy for two ex-Hawk greats to win it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, I hope Denver picks him up and they win the next 2 SB's with Russ and Wags. If the Hawks can't win it, I'd be happy for two ex-Hawk greats to win it.

Yah who knows. He still has some years he can play, but IMO he's lost a step. He can't quite close and cover players like he used to. But Seattle was asking him to basically do everything last year. If he goes to a team with some good pieces around him, he can probably still be effective for another few years. Guy has a lot of wear on his body.

One of my fave Seahawks all time for sure.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was expected... either a release or restructure. I love Wagner who is a future HOFer and really hope he comes back for a smaller contract.

But now Seattle is in full blow up mode with Wilson gone. Adams and Lockett (resigning) seem like absolutely wasted/dumb decisions now because they will be hard to release without absorbing a HUGE dead cap but I guess we wont have a super expensive QB for a while either.

I think with this blow up we should've just ditched Carroll as well, but dunno who'd you'd replace him with. Everyone is going offensive coaches now... I think Carroll's style of coaching is just a thing of the past. But who knows...

Maybe Carroll wants to end his Seahawks legacy with, "Well, I rebuilt it for Seattle before I left... I didn't try to stretch it out." But 1) that's a ballsy move, and 2) it gives him a scapegoat in the event Seattle goes to the cellar. "Well I was trying to help Seattle restart and make the necessary moves. It was up to the new coaching staff to use what I gave them."
Given the context of the Seahawks trading away Russell Wilson, I think the Jamal Adams trade will go down as the worst in Seahawks history. I'd say the worst trade in Seattle sports history, but the Mariners have quite an impressive list that beats this one out.

Adams cost us two first round picks, a disastrous contract, and his performance on the field is dependent on the Seahawks figuring out how deploy him in a way that hides his liabilities in coverage. Giving up two first round picks and the largest contract ever to a safety who can't cover hurts us now and going forward. Hell, if we hadn't given Adams that money and gave up all that draft capital for him, perhaps Wilson wouldn't have been traded this year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the context of the Seahawks trading away Russell Wilson, I think the Jamal Adams trade will go down as the worst in Seahawks history. I'd say the worst trade in Seattle sports history, but the Mariners have quite an impressive list that beats this one out.

Adams cost us two first round picks, a disastrous contract, and his performance on the field is dependent on the Seahawks figuring out how deploy him in a way that hides his liabilities in coverage. Giving up two first round picks and the largest contract ever to a safety who can't cover hurts us now and going forward. Hell, if we hadn't given Adams that money and gave up all that draft capital for him, perhaps Wilson wouldn't have been traded this year.

In hindsight certainly the case. He was one of the best safeties in the league with New York... so we clearly brought him in and fucked up the scheme he was successful in... and then you add on the injuries now.... and yah. In hindsight it's a complete WTF bust.

I still stand by I liked it at the time... it seemed like we were going all in for a chance with Wilson... until.... we didn't lol.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd rather the Broncos somehow be mediocre. The picks we received from them next year would be substantially more valuable if the Broncos struggle.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather the Broncos somehow be mediocre. The picks we received from them next year would be substantially more valuable if the Broncos struggle.

I mean you're not wrong... it makes the Adams trade even worse that Russell (and Adams) got injured and as a result we probably lost 4-5 more games. I mean the games he was out hurt, and when he came back there was like another 3 games where he was just not himself/healthy. Made the picks all that better for the Jets.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight certainly the case. He was one of the best safeties in the league with New York... so we clearly brought him in and fucked up the scheme he was successful in... and then you add on the injuries now.... and yah. In hindsight it's a complete WTF bust.

I still stand by I liked it at the time... it seemed like we were going all in for a chance with Wilson... until.... we didn't lol.
At the time I liked the trade because when we traded for him he was one of the best safeties in the league and only 25. I thought we overpaid in draft picks for him but thought it would help push us over the top.

Hindsight being 20/20, he's a guy who has elite athleticism and talent but I suppose the Jets were able to deploy him in a way that hid his liability in coverage.

That being said, all indications seem to point to the Seahawks running more two-high safety looks. If that's the case, Adams will have a lot more responsibility in coverage which doesn't help us. They're better off deploying him in the box.

Honestly everything that the organization has said and done tells me they're one foot in the door and one foot out. On the one hand they have a 71 year old head coach running the show who isn't likely to engage in a rebuild, on the other hand they just traded away the one player who kept this team competitive.

Burn it down and tank for next year's draft.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you're not wrong... it makes the Adams trade even worse that Russell (and Adams) got injured and as a result we probably lost 4-5 more games. I mean the games he was out hurt, and when he came back there was like another 3 games where he was just not himself/healthy. Made the picks all that better for the Jets.
Adams' injuries were self inflicted. His tackling style is reckless.

Wouldn't be surprised if he has more injury problems in the future.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Percy Harvin trade was the worst trade and it isn't even close.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
........but thanks for hijacking a Wagner appreciation thread with continued bs though!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Percy Harvin trade was the worst trade and it isn't even close.
Disagree on that, the kick return in the superbowl made it worthwhile. The pick we gave up was 25th overall plus later round picks.
2 firsts including a top 10 for a S is an all time bad trade.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree on that, the kick return in the superbowl made it worthwhile. The pick we gave up was 25th overall plus later round picks.
Absolutely....set tone for 2nd half!!!!! Put us up 29-0 and completely deflated Broncos. Couldn't disagree more, the Adams trade will set us back for years unless the new d coordinator can figure out where he can be effective. Norton was clueless.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 play in a blowout SB after being injured all year?? Lol! What a load of crap that is to hang your hat on.

Harvin was a locker room cancer and by all accounts a real piece of shit. He got in multiple locker room fights, refused to go into games several times, and, worst of all, actively tried to divide the locker room. His mere presence was a negative.

Additionally, he had a grand total of 6 regular season games in a year and a half with 23 receptions for 150 yards and 0 TDs. All that for a 1st that turned into Xavier Rhodes(!), a 3rd (so not the low round that you claimed), and a 7th at the cost of about $36 million.
Thats about $640,000 per catch!

The Percy Harvin trade was the worst and it isn't even close. Great talent, barely played, was a giant headcase and all around pain in the ass.

Fuck Percy Harvin. He sucks in every conceivable way.