• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Austin Davis experiment should be over now

RamsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill has great game and no turnovers and Rams win big against Broncos. I think everyone can agree now that Fisher made the right choice.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill had a"good" game, doesn't mean Fisher made the right move! Hill had great protection, wide open receivers and was never behind in the game, that's a pretty good recipe for success, Davis hasn't had that luxury!

Also I think Denver, obviously played their worst game of the year, both offensively and defensively!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense was outstanding.
Greg Z was outstanding.
Mason was solid.
The Oline was solid!

Hill dink and dunked. The TD that he did have was thrown behind Britt when he caught it for the TD. All we need is a game manager at QB. That's what Hill did.

But if you think we won this game because of Hill you are loco. The defense held the best offense in the NFL to 1 TD all game.

RamsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point was that Fisher made the right choice in starting Hill over Davis, there was alot of skepticism about changing QB's this week and in the end, starting Hill was the correct choice.

Hill was not the reason the Rams won but I doubt they would have won this game if Davis was playing.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think fisher can go back and forth. When ever 1 QB gets happy feet, go to the other one who's fresh and not running for his life.

I can live with that

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point was that Fisher made the right choice in starting Hill over Davis, there was alot of skepticism about changing QB's this week and in the end, starting Hill was the correct choice.

Hill was not the reason the Rams won but I doubt they would have won this game if Davis was playing.

You can't say that RamsFan

We won't know.

Just like we will never know if Hill would've played better than Davis against those tough defenses he had to face.

What I do know is the D came to play today and the OL actually played like an NFL caliber OL versus a high school freshman one

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would you not think that if Davis had the same protection, the same running game, and didn't have to play from behind that we wouldn't have won? That makes no sense what so ever!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthew Stafford at AZ right now early in the 4th Q:
14-6 cardinals

13/20 for 124 and 1 INT

Megatron is on the field

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthew Stafford at AZ right now early in the 4th Q:
14-6 cardinals

13/20 for 124 and 1 INT

Megatron is on the field

Exactly

Maybe the Lions should bench Stafford since he lost to the Cards and did nothing against them.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with the way the defense and the offensive line played today, we'd have won this game with either Davis or Hill under center. Funny thing is... if Davis had played... a LOT of fans would be saying is was all him. Hill went out there and played just about 100% mistake free football and went down the field just as often as Davis.

Some of you need to admit that you just KNEW Hill would shit the bed in this one. Hell... I think some of you were hoping he would.

BTW... I'm still on record that I would have preferred that we'd gone back to Hill once he was healthy from the opener.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win today, Rams fans

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with the way the defense and the offensive line played today, we'd have won this game with either Davis or Hill under center. Funny thing is... if Davis had played... a LOT of fans would be saying is was all him. Hill went out there and played just about 100% mistake free football and went down the field just as often as Davis.

Some of you need to admit that you just KNEW Hill would shit the bed in this one. Hell... I think some of you were hoping he would.

BTW... I'm still on record that I would have preferred that we'd gone back to Hill once he was healthy from the opener.

Caynine, I will admit that I thought he would completely suck today, but at the same time I didn't think that Davis would have had a good day either.

Again, who would have thought that our oline would play as well as they did, who would have thought that our WR would get wide open, that of all teams, the Rams would be the first one this year to have a RB rush for over 100 yards against Denver,who would have thought that we wouldn't be down late and Hill would of
had to make things happen?

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caynine, I will admit that I thought he would completely suck today, but at the same time I didn't think that Davis would have had a good day either.

Again, who would have thought that our oline would play as well as they did, who would have thought that our WR would get wide open, that of all teams, the Rams would be the first one this year to have a RB rush for over 100 yards against Denver,who would have thought that we wouldn't be down late and Hill would of
had to make things happen?

Hill didn't have to make things happen late, because he made things happen early. Of course, the only difference this week, was that everyone else stuck around and played and the defense did their thing for 4 full quarters.

Now, I'll be the first to admit... I didn't give the Rams a snowball's chance to win this game. I won't try to tell anyone that Hill is the reason we won. One thing I DID know for sure, though... even if we had lost the game... it would NOT be Hill's fault.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Rams would still have won with Davis as Davis nor Hill play on defense. The defense won the game. The offense lead to FGs besides the lone touchdown.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense was outstanding.
Greg Z was outstanding.
Mason was solid.
The Oline was solid!

Hill dink and dunked. The TD that he did have was thrown behind Britt when he caught it for the TD. All we need is a game manager at QB. That's what Hill did.

But if you think we won this game because of Hill you are loco. The defense held the best offense in the NFL to 1 TD all game.

Oh, stop it. Lol. :wink:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill didn't have to make things happen late, because he made things happen early. Of course, the only difference this week, was that everyone else stuck around and played and the defense did their thing for 4 full quarters.

Now, I'll be the first to admit... I didn't give the Rams a snowball's chance to win this game. I won't try to tell anyone that Hill is the reason we won. One thing I DID know for sure, though... even if we had lost the game... it would NOT be Hill's fault.

I agree, if we would have lost I would have thought it was because our oline sucked yet again, and that the defense would have their normal 2 or 3 brain freezes. It is the same for Davis, I don't think he lost the games we lost, our oline sucked, our play calling sucked, penalties, and bad defense cost us this games. We pretty much avoided all of that this game.

People can get on Davis for the turnovers, but last week Davis threw behind Cook, who tipped the ball and it turned into a pick 6. This week Hill threw behind Cook, who tipped it into the air and it fell harmlessly to the ground. Last week Davis got sacked and the ball bounced right to a Arizona defender for a TD, this week Hill got sacked from behind and the ball bounced right underneath where Hill was falling. That's the way a football bounces, unfortunately for Davis it didn't go his way, fortunately for Hill the Ball bounced his way.

If there had been a defender by the tipped ball today that would have been intercepted, if the fumble had bounced away from Hill there's a good chance Denver recovers, and that was when the game was still close. Sometimes there is luck involved when comparing different things. With any luck we would be 6-4 and not 4-6, again that's the way the ball bounces.

I look at Detroit and I don't think they are any better than we are, they were very very fortunate to win the previous two weeks prior to this weekend! Obviously we have beat some good teams this year, yet at the same time maybe SF and Seattle aren't as good this year as they were last year. Arizona is good, but we could have beat them and they have beaten some teams where they were pretty fortunate!
My point is every year there are teams that have really good records and some teams that have bad records, but in the big picture they are not that far apart, the better teams got the breaks that went there way, the bad teams had breaks go against them

Last edited by a moderator:

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, if we would have lost I would have thought it was because our oline sucked yet again, and that the defense would have their normal 2 or 3 brain freezes. It is the same for Davis, I don't think he lost the games we lost, our oline sucked, our play calling sucked, penalties, and bad defense cost us this games. We pretty much avoided all of that this game.

People can get on Davis for the turnovers, but last week Davis threw behind Cook, who tipped the ball and it turned into a pick 6. This week Hill threw behind Cook, who tipped it into the air and it fell harmlessly to the ground. Last week Davis got sacked and the ball bounced right to a Arizona defender for a TD, this week Hill got sacked from behind and the ball bounced right underneath where Hill was falling. That's the way a football bounces, unfortunately for Davis it didn't go his way, fortunately for Hill the Ball bounced his way.

If there had been a defender by the tipped ball today that would have been intercepted, if the fumble had bounced away from Hill there's a good chance Denver recovers, and that was when the game was still close. Sometimes there is luck involved when comparing different things. With any luck we would be 6-4 and not 4-6, again that's the way the ball bounces.

I look at Detroit and I don't think they are any better than we are, they were very very fortunate to win the previous two weeks prior to this weekend! Obviously we have beat some good teams this year, yet at the same time maybe SF and Seattle aren't as good this year as they were last year. Arizona is good, but we could have beat them and they have beaten some teams where they were pretty fortunate!
My point is every year there are teams that have really good records and some teams that have bad records, but in the big picture they are not that far apart, the better teams got the breaks that went there way, the bad teams had breaks go against them

Although he has thrown others this year... I don't fault Davis at all for the tipped ball pick-6 against Arizona last week. I'm not even saying that Hill is some sort of savior for this team, or that Davis is simply garbage.

...but I'd be lying if I said I felt safer with Davis under center than I do Hill.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although he has thrown others this year... I don't fault Davis at all for the tipped ball pick-6 against Arizona last week. I'm not even saying that Hill is some sort of savior for this team, or that Davis is simply garbage.

...but I'd be lying if I said I felt safer with Davis under center than I do Hill.

And I respect your opinion, I just don't think having Hill in there is giving us any insight into what and who we might be next year, where as Davis just might!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one wants Hill to play bad. And if you watch the TD to Britt it's thrown behind him. It happens is the point and Britt bailed Hill out.

I don't make stuff up. IT is what it is. Hill managed a good game today and didn't turn it over. I think it was a good win for the Rams maybe it's what we needed.

None of us will ever know what would happen with Davis and neither Davis or Hill will be the QB of the future. So it really doesn't matter either way. :noidea:

Last edited by a moderator: