• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Austin Davis experiment should be over now

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Davis is holding onto the ball too long and if no one is open, then run and find 3-4 yards. It is difficult when the pass rush is coming at you so much and your O-line has back ups playing a lot. But you can't tell me after that TD pass to Cook, you weren't stoked. Did any of us think we would win that game? Not really. For a team so young and so inexperienced to beat San Fran and AZ on the road, might have taken a small miracle.

But.... Jermaine my man you need an attitude adjustment.

We are young and dumb. And we are IN football games that the previous Rams' teams would be getting blown out. You have to start somewhere right? Austin Davis DID throw another pick 6 to one of the best CBs in the league, but he also had us in the game until the 4th Q and just helped us beat San Fran.. Remember that?

Do you think our schedule is a bit brutal right now? 3 road games in a row?

Look at the NFL right now. Who is bringing it every week? Denver? AZ? Not even New England has been consistent.

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but I think people need to look at all the injuries we have had (again) and some below average drafts. How can you expect the Rams to be Denver or AZ? They are the only 2 teams that have been consistent.

SJ, I'm not expecting world beaters in STL because god knows that isn't the case with what we have. But what I am expecting to see is consistent improvement each season for the unit as a whole. The defense has gotten better against the run yes, but the offense is just horrible and shit hasn't changed about that. Call me crazy but if we were scoring 27 pts a game but were 0-7 due to fumbles at the wrong time hell i'd be happy. But this offensive unit has always stunk and nothing has changed, nothing will change until the buffoons running the show are out.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense is horrible? We beat San Fran in San Fran. That's a very good defense and good team.

We were leading AZ in AZ for 3.5 quarters? Those 2 defenses are NOT easy to score on. Ask every offensive player in the NFL.

We are actually coming out and scoring first in many games. Why do we not continue to score? Inexperience and coaching on offense is my take on it. I think we are better on offense than in the previous years.

But Jermaine... Bro... look at the defenses we have faced and also take into account that our O-line has holes and we are starting our 3rd string QB.

Personally, I don't expect a lot and am pretty shocked we are hanging with the best teams in the NFL.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RamsFan got his wish.

The Rams are going back to Hill.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<<<<dis guy needs a shot a qb

or can we run the double wing formation and refuse to throw the ball :whistle:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with what Fisher wants to do.

It's his job to win or lose, not mine.

That said, I'd rather have Davis learn from his experiences. I just don't think Fisher has a tolerance to let the 'learning curve' occur on his watch at the Quarterback Position.

Every time a game changing play occurs coming from the QB spot, it eats him up!

Especially since he knows he has a healthy vet he trusts, waiting in the wings. Fisher feels Hill would never make those type of game changing plays his defense is allowing his team, the Rams, to be in.

Now health considered, who knows. That's always in discussion with a vet of his tenure for sure.

s always discussed with multiple

I'll bet Shawn has less sacks than Austin too! :nod:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that didn't post right.

Here ya go!

I'm okay with what Fisher wants to do.

It's his job to win or lose, not mine.

That said, I'd rather have Davis learn from his experiences. I just don't think Fisher has a tolerance to let the 'learning curve' occur on his watch at the Quarterback Position.

Every time a game changing play occurs coming from the QB spot, it eats him up!

Especially since he knows he has a healthy vet he trusts, waiting in the wings. Fisher feels Hill would never make those type of game changing plays his defense is allowing his team, the Rams, to be in.

Now health considered, who knows. That's always in discussion with a vet of his tenure for sure.

I'll bet Shawn has less sacks than Austin too!
nod.gif

RamsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher made the right decision moving on from Davis. As much as some have questioned Fisher this year, he has coached in the NFL for almost 20 years and he knows what an NFL starting QB is and unfortunately Austin Davis is not one.

Let's see what Hill can do for the rest of the season and then draft a QB in the next draft.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. As much as some have questioned Fisher this year, he has coached in the NFL for almost 20 years and he knows what an NFL starting QB is and unfortunately Austin Davis is not one.

Yeah... That's why he had Vince Young as his QB in Tennessee... Because be knows an NFL starting QB is.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,595.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could be the eventual answer at QB, but Hill should have been starting when Bradford initially got hurt.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. As much as some have questioned Fisher this year, he has coached in the NFL for almost 20 years and he knows what an NFL starting QB is and unfortunately Austin Davis is not one.

Yeah... That's why he had Vince Young as his QB in Tennessee... Because be knows an NFL starting QB is.

Well, it's pretty widely known that Vince Young was a [Titans owner] Bud Adams decision and Fisher wanted nothing to do with Young from the get go.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right and having McNair was just a fluke.

Jeff knew that VY was not suitable to play in the NFL and that is the reason he is no longer with the Titans IMO

Next question!!

JK Shane, I'm not sure about those details however that's how I recall it....

:suds:

Wait did you have a posting problem with a quote?

Looks like maybe that was a ramsfan quote...

No?

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,595.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young wasn't too shabby with the Titans either. At, least on the field.

Off the field, he was a mess....

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right and having McNair was just a fluke.

Jeff knew that VY was not suitable to play in the NFL and that is the reason he is no longer with the Titans IMO

Next question!!

JK Shane, I'm not sure about those details however that's how I recall it....

:suds:

Wait did you have a posting problem with a quote?

Looks like maybe that was a ramsfan quote...

No?

Yeah not sure what happened with the quote. I got to excited while going on my rant! :gaah:

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could be the eventual answer at QB, but Hill should have been starting when Bradford initially got hurt.

Hill was the starter when Bradford first went down, but the he got injured during the first game. Austin Davis came in and did decent enough that they decided to roll with him to see what he's got since he is young enough to be the QB of the future where as Hill is a career journeyman at the end of his career.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason for switching to Hill is either Fischer is trying to save his ass and get a few more wins before the end of the season or management is trying to tank to get a better draft pick for potentially trading up to get Mariota or Winston.

Anyone think our record would be any different if we had had Bradford starting the entire season?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are NOT getting any more wins with Hill than we would have with Davis, so there is absolutely no point in making the change. I think the only point Fisher is trying to prove is that he is clueless!

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if we can't fire Fisher at the end of the season then I'm definitely firing him once i get madden 2015!