• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Auburn vs Georgia for SEC Supremacy ... who you got?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea who's going to win, Auburn seems more balanced offensively but they are pretty banged up after the Alabama game. Auburn defense is overlooked and they seem to be ok.

I'll be pulling for Georgia, but I believe Auburn will win again if I had to pick.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn is probably going to have to go Mike Leach on offense.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with Georgia since they lost the first time. Would do same if roles were reversed.

Loser of first game watches film, sees how they got beat, and makes adjustments. Winner of first game knows how they had success and runs same game plan.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True for the mileage difference. However...Auburn fans will have 40 fewer miles of paved
roads, which will make their trip a little longer.

I'm trying to imagine the parking lot with the array of pick-up trucks that will
dot the landscape. If someone isn't a college football fan and passes the Dome, they'll
think a WWE event is happening or maybe a NASCAR race.

Speaking of hillbilly hell, I just spent the weekend in Tallahassee...so you might want to step away from your glass trailer before you throw the next stone.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rematches in CFB tend to favor the loser of the first matchup, but I just think Auburn is the more complete team.

I don't think it will be as lopsided as the last go around(what was essentially two turnovers on punt returns with the leaping penalty and the muff leading directly to 14 Auburn points), but I think Auburn still pulls out a closer game.

And if UGA plays like they did two weeks ago, it won't be close.

Auburn has done alright in winning the rematch after winning the previous meeting...

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel very confident the game will be MUCH closer than last time lol.

On a serious note, I think Auburn MIGHT be the better team. OLine much more veteran, pass rush is better. I think our passing game as a whole is a wash to be honest. Both teams have largely been effecient when they've thrown throughout the year. Both teams have some guys outside that can make plays.

When Georgia's on offense, I think this all going to be about execution. They are very physical in all facets and don't have any stark weaknesses that I have seen. In the first match up we missed some shot plays early that really could have changed the whole game, that along with self inflicted mistakes along with playing a great team led us to get run out the stadium. I think we should take a play out of their playbook against Bama, see if we can work some of our receivers in the short/screen passing game early to try and spread them out. OLine has to be better, but being young against their line doesn't make me think we are going to consistently move them around. When we get our chances at big plays, we have to make them count.

On defense, honestly just do what we do. Kerryon did a phenomenal job in the first game, and once the defense wore down he really took off. We've tackled well and handled the point of attack well all year, and were fine in this aspect early in the first matchup. I also thought we did a good job of pressuring Stidham whenever we were able to get them into clear passing downs, HUGE for us since that's been an inconsistency.

Mecole Hardman has been really close the past few weeks in breaking a return for a TD, has returns of
47, 35, 30, and other 28 and 20 yard punt returns in just the past three games. He's due and this has been a weakness for Auburn. His ability to flip the field (or potentially break one) will be huge in this one.

Hoping that Kerryon will play. He's a great player and has been a large part of their success. He's a true difference maker in this conference. Going to be a fun one, really happy with where this team is, I can't wait!

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team with the Big 12 quarterback scores the most points.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are none of these Big 12 QBs starting in the pros?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how a mid-level Big 12 QB is by far the best QB in the SEC.
Dude Ky has Snoop Dogg Jr at QB...no one in the Big 12 can touch that.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a different game. But Auburn was finally able to beat Alabama with a Big 12 quarterback.

Just like they did with Nick Marshall and Cam Newton?

Auburn is always good when they get a transfer or a guy kicked off their first team. Cam Newton kicked out of Florida, Nick Marshall was a DB and kicked off Georgia.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a different game. But Auburn was finally able to beat Alabama with a Big 12 quarterback.
We did it with a throw away CB from Georgia at QB also.... so I don't really see your point.