• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Babies Or The Billionaires / Who You Got?

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MLB players.............. or the Owners?

Here are the poor, mistreated, underpaid player's stats.

In the MLB, there are (as of this moment) 33 players who make 50 - 99 million dollars in their contracts. (total)

In the MLB, there are 27 players who make 100 - 199 million dollars in their contracts. (total)

In the MLB, there are 8 players who make 200 - 299 million dollars in their contracts. (total)

In the MLB, there are 7 players who make 300 million dollars or more in their contracts (total)

and then there's Mike Trout at 426 million dollars.

1.8 billion dollars, paid to players, in contracts, in the last month.

And these rough totals, do not include the rest of the free agents, who have not signed yet.

I feel so sorry for these mistreated players.
I think I saw Max Scherzer at McDonalds buying a Happy Meal. 43 mil a year just doesn't go that far anymore.

And then there are the billionaires, who overpay these players, stupid amounts to play baseball.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they both suck
if the players get more the owners just raise the prices:suds:

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

If I was an Athlete, The ONLY THING that would put me over a Million dollars earned would be endorsement deals. NO MATTER HOW GOOD I WAS

I believe in the love of the game and these principles. I would need just enough to:

-Have a Working vehicle. Just one
-Roof over my family head in a community sub division. Non gated of course
- Clothes. Nothing fancy.
- Pays the bills.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I support labor and thus support the players. I might have some mean words for certain factions in the player union perfectly fine with fucking over regular MLB players and minor leaguers to benefit themselves, however.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the MLB, there are (as of this moment) 33 players who make 50 - 99 million dollars in their contracts. (total)

In the MLB, there are 27 players who make 100 - 199 million dollars in their contracts. (total)

In the MLB, there are 8 players who make 200 - 299 million dollars in their contracts. (total)

In the MLB, there are 7 players who make 300 million dollars or more in their contracts (total)

And these rough totals, do not include the rest of the free agents, who have not signed yet.

I think I saw Max Scherzer at McDonalds buying a Happy Meal. 43 mil a year just doesn't go that far anymore.

And then there are the billionaires, who overpay these players, stupid amounts to play baseball.
This isn’t about the top 1% of players. It’s the mid-level player, older debuting, and minor leaguers who have gotten fucked. There’s legit beef there.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Out of 1200 players you cherry pick the wealthiest and put all of the players in the baby category?

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the league is constituted right this second.........without the unsigned free agents.
There are roughly 410 millionaires in baseball.
And my original post only counted players who were making $50,000,000 or more.

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn’t about the top 1% of players. It’s the mid-level player, older debuting, and minor leaguers who have gotten fucked. There’s legit beef there.
Dude I hate to breaking it to your communist ass, but MLBPA doesn't give a rat's ass about minor leaguers, and neither do MLB players.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No there isn’t. Minor leaguers don’t get paid for the same reason women’s soccer players don’t get paid. You don’t get big TV deals for minor league baseball because no one is watching minor league baseball. No eyes means no ads. No ads means no money. If minor leaguers want to get paid, they need to get good.

At least they aren’t as arrogant as women’s soccer players as to think they should get paid the same simply because they play the same sport.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No there isn’t. Minor leaguers don’t get paid for the same reason women’s soccer players don’t get paid. You don’t get big TV deals for minor league baseball because no one is watching minor league baseball. No eyes means no ads. No ads means no money. If minor leaguers want to get paid, they need to get good.

At least they aren’t as arrogant as women’s soccer players as to think they should get paid the same simply because they play the same sport.
American sports fans went out of their way to watch the KBO across the damn planet when MLB was knocked out due to COVID. Miss me with the idea there isn’t a market for minor league ball outside the local market.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
American sports fans went out of their way to watch the KBO across the damn planet when MLB was knocked out due to COVID. Miss me with the idea there isn’t a market for minor league ball outside the local market.

Okay. You try and make big-money TV deals for A ball and if you’re successful, I’ll agree with you.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk about anyone here, but as a Royals fan I'd have loved to be able to follow MJ Melendez, Nick Pratto, and Bobby Witt Jr. more last year.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supply and demand...the minute the mlb returned do you think most people kept watching kbo?

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of money out there is staggering.

The biggest problem are the cheap owners. When your entire roster makes less than some players, you are the problem... These guys need to be punished... But how?

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of money out there is staggering.

The biggest problem are the cheap owners. When your entire roster makes less than some players, you are the problem... These guys need to be punished... But how?
16 of the MLB franchises (in Attendance figures) don't even average 20,000 fans per game. That is over half the teams.
The bottom 6 teams average 10,000 fans per game OR LESS.
MLB franchises are not equal financially.
Miami averaged 7933 fans per game

And we could make the argument THERE ARE TOO MANY TEAMS in the MLB.........and not enough good players to go around.
That's a different argument for a another day.

Last edited:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 of the MLB franchises (in Attendance figures) don't even average 20,000 fans per game. That is over half the teams.
The bottom 6 teams average 10,000 fans per game OR LESS.
MLB franchises are not equal financially.
Miami averaged 7933 fans per game

And we could make the argument THERE ARE TOO MANY TEAMS in the MLB.........and not enough good players to go around.
That's a different argument for a another day.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great response.

Recommendation: Pare the major leagues to ten American and Ten National teams. Five east and five west.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both sides are whiny entitled pussies

The union sucks. Only interested in breaking salary records for the elite players, and dont really care about the guy just trying to make a career of baseball

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn’t an honest argument to be on the owners side. Players have the moral high ground on every issue.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have they even been negotiating, or are they waiting til football season is over so they can create some drama?