• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Auburn @ K-State

Who wins Auby or KSU?

• Auburn by 10 or MORE

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Auburn by 10 or LESS

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • KSU by 10 or MORE

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • KSU by 10 or LESS

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to make of this game. Neither team looked great. I guess Auburn just got lucky last night that K-state made so many mistakes. At times, the AU offense looked pretty good. The D, maybe not so much. K-state is a one dimensional offense w/a QB that telegraphs the shit out of every pass, and AU still had a horrible time stopping it.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to make of this game. Neither team looked great. I guess Auburn just got lucky last night that K-state made so many mistakes. At times, the AU offense looked pretty good. The D, maybe not so much. K-state is a one dimensional offense w/a QB that telegraphs the shit out of every pass, and AU still had a horrible time stopping it.

I didn't like that KSU's corners lined up about 20 yards off the receivers on every play..

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like that KSU's corners lined up about 20 yards off the receivers on every play..

Yup... and they got away with it for 3 quarters, but it killed them on AU's last two drives. Easy catches for first downs. I'll never know why coaches play that soft... you're going to eventually give up a score anyways when you do it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup... and they got away with it for 3 quarters, but it killed them on AU's last two drives. Easy catches for first downs. I'll never know why coaches play that soft... you're going to eventually give up a score anyways when you do it.

Because all you need is to get a stop on 3rd down 1 time on the drive.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

because Auburn has NFL caliber athletes at WR and KSU has walk-ons. They were trying to keep everything in front of them. They gave Auburn easy throws, but the #1 goal was not to let Auburn run wild. KSU held Auburn to 128 rushing yards and 2.8 yards per rush. I didnt like it in the 4Q on 3rd and long down 2 scores, but overall it was a great defensive strategy. Auburn scored basically 17 pts, 3 were given up by the offense on the fumble. Hard to really argue against it. If I am goign to lose to Auburn, then it better be because Marshall had a godo passign game. You always try to take away the offenses best aspect and if they beat you with what they are not comfortable doing, so be it

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, this is why I said they got away with it for 3 quarters. But towards the end of the game, AU's offense was starting to click a bit. AU has a deceptive offense.. no doubt about it, but you can't leave receivers wide open like that. Too easy for these guys to catch the ball and run for another 3 yards for the 1st down.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand that, but when it's 3rd & 7, you don't give a receiver a free release for an 8 yard hook route if you can help it, especially with time not on your side...

I think the coverage looked to work better than it actually did because Auburn's receivers kept dropping easy throws, but everyone knew that wasn't going to last all night and it didn't...

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because Auburn has NFL caliber athletes at WR and KSU has walk-ons. They were trying to keep everything in front of them. They gave Auburn easy throws, but the #1 goal was not to let Auburn run wild. KSU held Auburn to 128 rushing yards and 2.8 yards per rush. I didnt like it in the 4Q on 3rd and long down 2 scores, but overall it was a great defensive strategy. Auburn scored basically 17 pts, 3 were given up by the offense on the fumble. Hard to really argue against it. If I am goign to lose to Auburn, then it better be because Marshall had a godo passign game. You always try to take away the offenses best aspect and if they beat you with what they are not comfortable doing, so be it

Yeah, I guess I would have liked to see them force Marshall to make those tougher passes under pressure.. but you're right. It is what it is. Too many mistakes just came back to bite KU.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, I agree that KSU's defense isn't why they lost the game... They played Auburn's run game beautifully, it just seemed that whenever Auburn was in an obvious passing down in the second half, Marshall was able to find an open receiver rather easily because of how far off the coverage was playing...

They didn't really force him to make a tough throw...

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, I agree that KSU's defense isn't why they lost the game... They played Auburn's run game beautifully, it just seemed that whenever Auburn was in an obvious passing down in the second half, Marshall was able to find an open receiver rather easily because of how far off the coverage was playing...

They didn't really force him to make a tough throw...
-
Funny thing is, KSU did actually switch it up on the last Auburn 3rd down. CB pressed on a double move and 40 yards later Williams was tackled. I still agree with the call, but it shows the risk of playing tight with inferior athletes. My biggest take away from the game is that AUburn is highly over-rated. They do not possess the same type of OL they had last year. They are still a very good team and defenses better learn to be patient vs that attack, because if you get aggressive they will hurt you. One thing people might not realize is how familiar both defenses were vs the option attack. That is why both did a very solid job of playing assignment football. It really helps to practice against it all spring and fall camp. If you watched USC/BC, you can see what happens when a defense is ill-prepared to face an option attack.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Funny thing is, KSU did actually switch it up on the last Auburn 3rd down. CB pressed on a double move and 40 yards later Williams was tackled. I still agree with the call, but it shows the risk of playing tight with inferior athletes. My biggest take away from the game is that AUburn is highly over-rated. They do not possess the same type of OL they had last year. They are still a very good team and defenses better learn to be patient vs that attack, because if you get aggressive they will hurt you. One thing people might not realize is how familiar both defenses were vs the option attack. That is why both did a very solid job of playing assignment football. It really helps to practice against it all spring and fall camp. If you watched USC/BC, you can see what happens when a defense is ill-prepared to face an option attack.

I think this too after watching the game.. but I said that last year and they ended up nearly winning the national title. That said, their schedule this year is ridiculous. I just can't see this team finishing the regular season w/anything less than 3 losses.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this too after watching the game.. but I said that last year and they ended up nearly winning the national title. That said, their schedule this year is ridiculous. I just can't see this team finishing the regular season w/anything less than 3 losses.

I think 2 loses but 3 wouldn't surprise me this team lacks focus and the offensive line is not in sync. The running issues that Auburn had all began at the line of scrimmage too many times linemen were double teaming while a linebacker was left untouched into the gap. Not sure what was going on but the o-line needs some adjustments they have the talent but need to lock down their assignments.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's all fluid. People like to make their predictions now, but in the big12, as in all conferences, teams that play each other every year, the outcomes are not always predictable. Just watch.

and it's why the big12 is a tough conference to play in, because you play everybody, and things can change weekly. Seen it happen.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just a recent example is last year, the Okla State vs. Oklahoma game. That game changed everything, and going in, it was Okie State who most people thought would win.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 2 loses but 3 wouldn't surprise me this team lacks focus and the offensive line is not in sync. The running issues that Auburn had all began at the line of scrimmage too many times linemen were double teaming while a linebacker was left untouched into the gap. Not sure what was going on but the o-line needs some adjustments they have the talent but need to lock down their assignments.
That was the downgrade I saw in this years Auburn team. The OL/FB does not look to be at the same level at this point. It is still early in season, so that can change.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:badmin: