• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Atlanta Game - Looks like Emery has jettisoned the right players....

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Often times the Bears will cast off a player only to have it come back and haunt them in a head to head match up. I was very pleased to see that the players that Phil Emery had jettisoned in the years prior are still performing poorly.

Gabe Carimi - it was nice to see he still looks like a hippopotamus on ice skates playing right tackle. A couple of nice holding penalties at critical portions of the game made me feel that perhaps he was still on the Bears' pay roll....you know secret agent stuff.

Devin Hester - it's not that Devin is a poor athlete and has nothing to offer, it's just that he is stupid and exercises poor judgment on a repeated basis. Devin returning the ball from deep inside his end zone made me say a couple of times on Sunday, "yep, same old Devin." OTOH, he looks like he has improved as a receiver, just not enough to hurt us and our DB's.

Eric Weems - Since he has very little to offer as a football player, he has resorted to attempting to start fights in the very extremely limited time he's allowed on the field. He, as you probably noticed, was up to his same tricks on Sunday. Thought he was a dick on the Bears, now I think he's a dick on the Falcons....

Nice work, Phil Emery!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. This is something I heard being discussed this morning on a few different talk shows.

Carimi looked awful. Plain and simple. He still has bricks for feet, and Young burned him for two sacks. While he also got beat and then called for multiple holding calls. Were any of the false starts his too? I think one was.

Allen showed signs of life, his weight appears to be backup to somewhere near where it was. Great to see him beating Matthews more than a couple of times on straight up bull rush. I hear they're excited about him as their future LT in Atlanta. He didn't look to promising on those handful of plays vs Allen.

Everyone was talking about Hester burning us during the week. I kind of took the other side of the token, and pointed out that in the past when he pressed and tried to do too much it never worked out well for him. In fact, it almost always seemed to help the opposition. He sure was a non-factor in both the passing game and the return game. Also, like you said, he took one out from deep in the end zone as well.

Eric Weems is completely useless as a WR, and was literally the most ineffective return man I have seen in recent memory. Chris Williams isn't any better, but at least that douche is off of our roster. I was getting real tired of seeing him fight following every kick/punt coverage play, and come close to drawing flags.

I'm also not apart of the party that bitches and moans about Olsen being traded, now that he's found success in Carolina. I'm super happy for him, and I always liked him. But at the time, this team was committed to a Mike Martz system that rarely used a TE in the passing game. A 3rd round pick was not a bad grab for a guy who hadn't looked anything close to an elite pass catching TE, and usually looked downright poor when he was called upon to block. I'll roll with Martellus any day of the week. Very good blocker, and a much tougher receiver/runner. Olsen had plenty of moments in Chicago where he looked downright soft.

DaSuperfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep confusing you two because of the similar avatars. Who is that guy from?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I was about to change mine back to a Bears avatar anyway. Looks like I'll get on that. He's Hunter S Thompson. A writer who many consider to be one of the most polarizing of the 20th century. He died in 2005.

Really kind of irrelevant to have that avatar for a board where I do mostly sports posting.

DaSuperfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was about to change mine back to a Bears avatar anyway. Looks like I'll get on that. He's Hunter S Thompson. A writer who many consider to be one of the most polarizing of the 20th century. He died in 2005.

Really kind of irrelevant to have that avatar for a board where I do mostly sports posting.

Thanks, richi....been wondering who that was for a long time.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 3rd from carolina also was part of the BM trade package.

I liked olsen and was against trading him at the time but a 3rd round pick and greg olsen for BM is a trade i'd do any day of the week.

Biggix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olsen was/is soft he single handedly lost the game a gainst Carolina back in '08 with his fumbles...

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason they wanted to move olsen was because he was asking for 4/24 to resign, the offense did not need a pass catching tight end. To me the answer was simple, split the man out.

We didnt pay Olsen, we needed to pay Bennett 4/21 to come here. So it was basically a wash, but I think it broke Jay in the Martz system when they traded away his guy. Martz pretty much lobbied to take away Jays security blanket. Yes, it makes that little sense.

The 10th pick in the third round they got for Olsen was traded down to 16 where the bears took Brandon Hardin. Bust.

I dont know how anyone can argue against this being a mistake when Emery came straight out and has said it was the biggest mistake he has made as the bears GM.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you and WoundedBear should both keep your avatars. You both independently had them so why the hell not?

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here I was thinking they were twins separated at birth :lol:

WTF, I have had this same avatar on KFFL for 8 years now. It's me, Wounded Bear, for Chrissakes.

I think you and WoundedBear should both keep your avatars. You both independently had them so why the hell not?

Actually he took his avatar a couple of weeks after I was on the SportsHoopla board, which I thought was odd, but hey, I don't own the rights to HST or HST avatars.... I guess he thought it looked cool and wanted to imitate me? I don't know.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate both avatars, and the guy was a self important prick.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. On a different note you and Rich seem to disagree on most things, so using the same av is kinda ironic.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. On a different note you and Rich seem to disagree on most things, so using the same av is kinda ironic.

Yeah, that a coordinated effort between me and Rich to demonstrate HST's inner-struggles and contradictions.....

C

cubzzzfanincali

I hate both avatars, and the guy was a self important prick.

True. But at least he was colorful, and occasionally made me laugh my ass off. Not my kind of guy, but at least he had some redeeming value. Definitely no cookie cut from the cutter.

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darn site wouldn't let me upload a pic for an avatar, I must be doing something wrong.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he took his avatar a couple of weeks after I was on the SportsHoopla board, which I thought was odd, but hey, I don't own the rights to HST or HST avatars.... I guess he thought it looked cool and wanted to imitate me? I don't know.

Nah. I had been going through a re-read binge of Hunter's stuff for a while. I also changed to a Hunter avatar on another board I frequent. Odd coincidence, I suppose. But since you had it for years and years. I'll give you the honors and change mine.