• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears-Jets game

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a stinker. Expected, but still...Stinktastic.

Only thing I was hoping was the D would make a stop at the end there so Siemian could get another 30 passing yards in garbage time...Then I could listen to all the dumbass "HE HAD MORE YARDS THAN FIELDS HAS HAD THIS SEASON" stupidity while we put up 10 points.

I want actually more of this so we can put the "The oline is good enough and Fields is the problem" stupidity to rest as well. A quick read quick release QB would get annihilated just as much as Fields has. Quote me on it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a stinker. Expected, but still...Stinktastic.

Only thing I was hoping was the D would make a stop at the end there so Siemian could get another 30 passing yards in garbage time...Then I could listen to all the dumbass "HE HAD MORE YARDS THAN FIELDS HAS HAD THIS SEASON" stupidity while we put up 10 points.

I want actually more of this so we can put the "The oline is good enough and Fields is the problem" stupidity to rest as well. A quick read quick release QB would get annihilated just as much as Fields has. Quote me on it.
Fields is a HUGE part of the problem. Don't be dumb.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields is a HUGE part of the problem. Don't be dumb.

The only part of the problem his is is that he isn't good enough to be THE solution (by himself). In no way is he part of the problem. After a slow start and a mini-bye, 5 games we averaged 29.6 points...The minute he drops we get 10....

It's pure math. If we put up 25+ PPG we're a competitive team season in and season out. That's typically top 10 offensive output.

We averaged 18.3 points per game last year. People hating on Fields are f*cking blind to what is happening apparently.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian had a nice first quarter, on pace to throw for 400 yards, but every anal-ist says the Jets have the second best defense in football behind the 49ers. Maybe more physical than San Fran and we saw it.

Ultimately I think the story was the same. Pregame they said Siemian hurt his shoulder and would not be playing, but it seems in that room, you play when you get a chance, even if you are hurt so you dont lose your shot. Hopefully the staff and Fields learned from his "toughness" but Trevor was not going to bow out no matter how bad he hurt himself.

The best part of the game was him making terrible throws, but Pringle fighting for a catch and Claypool playing excellent defense breaking up 2 would be picks. Trevor never had a cannon, but was never that weak either, and when adrenaline wore off, they should have seen the injury and went to Peterman.

Alot of talk on how bad soldier field was during the monsoon and the following game after the concert, have not heard much about how bad that field was for the Jets. Mooney out for the year on a block, Jackson out for a slip. Its going to be nice when things, refs, injuries start playing to the bear advantage.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only part of the problem his is is that he isn't good enough to be THE solution (by himself). In no way is he part of the problem. After a slow start and a mini-bye, 5 games we averaged 29.6 points...The minute he drops we get 10....

It's pure math. If we put up 25+ PPG we're a competitive team season in and season out. That's typically top 10 offensive output.

We averaged 18.3 points per game last year. People hating on Fields are f*cking blind to what is happening apparently.
It's not sustainable. He will be out of the league in 2 years if he continues to play the way he is playing.

All those points and we still lost all of them, and in almost all, we had the ball last and couldn't score. Why do you suppose that is?

The "slow start" that you mentioned is him trying to play QB in the NFL. The turnaround is letting him play running back.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those points and we still lost all of them, and in almost all, we had the ball last and couldn't score. Why do you suppose that is?

In one game there was PI at the goal line not called plus a dropped pass.

In another a receiver caught the ball then fumbled.

In another there was PI not called.

In another he was sacked because the line couldn't give him even a minimum of protection despite having more blockers than pass rushers.

And let's not mentioned that during the same stretch of games the Bears literally have the leagues worst defense.

But yeah....it's all Fields. He's the problem.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In one game there was PI at the goal line not called plus a dropped pass.

In another a receiver caught the ball then fumbled.

In another there was PI not called.

In another he was sacked because the line couldn't give him even a minimum of protection despite having more blockers than pass rushers.

And let's not mentioned that during the same stretch of games the Bears literally have the leagues worst defense.

But yeah....it's all Fields. He's the problem.

So many excuses.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to point out which one isn’t fact.
come on man, when Kmet was wide open he had to spin around to catch the ball. When Mooney was wide open he was over thrown by 10 yards. What about the screen pass in 2 seconds to Claypool that went 10 feet over his head?

Stop trying to convince yourself that Fields has a strong passing game. Nobody here wants Fields to fail, but these rose colored glasses blaming everyone but Fields is turning the other half farther away. Admit he needs work and leave it at that because when he missed these 3 passes he was not under pressure.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to point out which one isn’t fact.
EVERY qb in the league deals with these issues. And somehow the good ones are able to come through in the clutch. Did you just start watching football?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERY qb in the league deals with these issues.

Some much better or worse than others.
. And somehow the good ones are able to come through in the clutch.

Somehow the good ones always seem to be surrounded by highly talented players.

I would love for someone to name a QB that won an award or a championship without having talented players around him.

In one breath you say the Bears need to invest in the trenches and tank to improve....but you also want to argue that Fields has enough talent around him to win? Which is it. Because it can't be both.

Did you just start watching football?

Reaching again sport. You're reaching. You just want to argue. You likely need therapy.

Last edited:

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on man, when Kmet was wide open he had to spin around to catch the ball. When Mooney was wide open he was over thrown by 10 yards. What about the screen pass in 2 seconds to Claypool that went 10 feet over his head?

Not sure which Mooney throw you're talking about. If it's the one in Atlanta when the DB fell down....Mooney should have caught that ball. He slowed down. I was at that game and had a great view of that play.

Fields has made some really bad throws this season. His deep ball is actually worse this year than it was last year. It's something he has to improve on.

But did a receiver not fumble the ball to end the Minny game? Did a receiver not drop a ball and then a blatant PI wasn't called in the Washington game? Was another blatant PI not called against Miami?

Tell me those things didn't happen.
Stop trying to convince yourself that Fields has a strong passing game.

I don't recall ever saying he did. But he's capable of having one and we've seen flashes of it.

Stop trying to convince yourself he doesn't need help.

If anyone thinks Fields is the problem with this offense and not the subpar talent on the offensive line.....I honestly gotta question what you're watching.
Admit he needs work and leave it at that because when he missed these 3 passes he was not under pressure.

The pass to Kmet he was under pressure and scrambling.

And I've said plenty of times he has to improve. He has to be better.

When you have to either make up stuff I didn't say or pretend I didn't say them....you simply have no argument. Go back writing your gibberish paragraphs that no one responds to because no one understands them.....you're not prepared for this.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some much better or worse than others.
Exactly. Finally you are getting it.

Somehow the good ones always seem to be surrounded by highly talented players.

I would love for someone to name a QB that won an award or a championship without having talented players around him.
So we have to name a QB who won an award or championship while Fields just has to win a single game. Seems fair.

In one breath you say the Bears need to invest in the trenches and tank to improve....but you also want to argue that Fields has enough talent around him to win? Which is it. Because it can't be both.
Wrong. Tank to get a higher pick, not necessarily guaranteeing improvement. See, you keep missing this. It's like your brain reached it's maximum.

Yes. i think Fields could have won some of those games.

The two are not mutually exclusive. Your brain is confused.

Reaching again sport. You're reaching. You just want to argue. You likely need therapy.
Obligatory response when frustrated.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Finally you are getting it.

Uh huh.
So we have to name a QB who won an award or championship while Fields just has to win a single game. Seems fair.
If you want to pretend Fields is THE problem with this offense.....then yes, you do.

Shit or get off the pot genius.
Wrong. Tank to get a higher pick, not necessarily guaranteeing improvement. See, you keep missing this. It's like your brain reached it's maximum.

What you just typed here in no way even corresponds to what I typed. It takes actual effort to be this dumb.
Yes. i think Fields could have won some of those games.
Again...not the argument.

He should have won some of those games. As much as I think Fields has improved in some aspects of his game this season....he's actually regressed in others versus last season. He has a lot he needs to improve on.

My argument is Fields isn't what's wrong with the offense. And I'd love to see you actually direct your comments towards that instead of dancing around it. But you won't. Because you can't.
Obligatory response when frustrated.
Typically argumentative nonsense because anything to prevent you from actually discussing football. You drown when forced to actually discuss football.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you just typed here in no way even corresponds to what I typed. It takes actual effort to be this dumb.
You said “tank to improve”. The other stuff is all nonsense. I’ve already thrown my vote into the pro Fields hat. But your excuses are lame.
Typically argumentative nonsense because anything to prevent you from actually discussing football. You drown when forced to actually discuss football.
I don’t talk football with idiots disguised as clowns. Stop whining. This is where you respond you’re not whining. So predictable.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said “tank to improve”. The other stuff is all nonsense. I’ve already thrown my vote into the pro Fields hat. But your excuses are lame

Where did I say tank to improve? Like a year ago? You have a weird obsession with this taking stuff. Let it go chubbs.
I don’t talk football

I know. We’ve done this whole convo before.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say tank to improve? Like a year ago? You have a weird obsession with this taking stuff. Let it go chubbs.

I know. We’ve done this whole convo before.

You said it 3 comments ago:

“In one breath you say the Bears need to invest in the trenches and tank to improve”

Derrrrp. You’re getting old

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mooney admitted he was tired and slowed up on that missed bomb vs the Falcons because he had gone for too many plays without rest before. Our depth is sh*t so we overuse what little we do have.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it 3 comments ago:

“In one breath you say the Bears need to invest in the trenches and tank to improve”

Derrrrp. You’re getting old

Hey dumbass….I was quoting you. Paraphrasing. Get a dictionary for that one.