• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At some point....there is only so much losing to take...are you there yet?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While listening to a popular sports talk radio show earlier this week, the question at hand was, at what point in a losing season do you consider other things to do with your time instead of watching this football team. Their time was limited and many of you like myself probably didn't get a chance to give your input. Well here's your chance.....when do you say enough is enough and find better things to do with your time?

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am emotionally bankrupt ...

never thought i would see the day i would say that

but i just dont care anymore

took me 22 years to get to this point ... but, yeah ...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think its about time to take up golf.

Freeforall

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came in this season with no expectations. I could see this team on paper being good(like every offseason) but I knew deep down inside this is the Redskins. Someway, somehow, they'll find a way to disappoint you. I no longer get excited for games, I watch them I'll always be a fan and that I rarely ever see them play on tv due to where I live. Miss my dc home. But for the rest of this season, I'll watch them for a good laugh.

eamines

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While listening to a popular sports talk radio show earlier this week, the question at hand was, at what point in a losing season do you consider other things to do with your time instead of watching this football team. Their time was limited and many of you like myself probably didn't get a chance to give your input. Well here's your chance.....when do you say enough is enough and find better things to do with your time?

It's been enough for me. This franchise is totally dysfunctional. I say franchise, because it seems no matter the players, no matter the coach, it's the same results. I said in another thread. bring back some former players, as coaches. Todd Bowles, Russ Grimm, Greg Manusky. Hell! Darryl Green, if need be. Snyder has to do whatever it takes, to change this culture. Until he does, I'm not spending one dime on tickets, or merchandise. I may be in the minority, on this one, but that's okay.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been enough for me. This franchise is totally dysfunctional. I say franchise, because it seems no matter the players, no matter the coach, it's the same results. I said in another thread. bring back some former players, as coaches. Todd Bowles, Russ Grimm, Greg Manusky. Hell! Darryl Green, if need be. Snyder has to do whatever it takes, to change this culture. Until he does, I'm not spending one dime on tickets, or merchandise. I may be in the minority, on this one, but that's okay.

Hey, how about Charley Casserly, at least he knew how to put together a draft that helped stock this team with functional players.

eamines

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, how about Charley Casserly, at least he knew how to put together a draft that helped stock this team with functional players.

I don't think he would work under Snyder. That may be the entire problem. Snyder doesn't want to hear the truth, about this franchise. He'd rather surround himself with a bunch of yes men.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he would work under Snyder. That may be the entire problem. Snyder doesn't want to hear the truth, about this franchise. He'd rather surround himself with a bunch of yes men.

I seriously believe Snyder fired Casserly because he told him no on something. I doubt Charley would come back to DC no matter the amount of money Snyder offered him. Remember Charley had a habit of trading OUT of the first round and could care les about winning the off season Dumbardi. Dan on the other hand lives for it.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously believe Snyder fired Casserly because he told him no on something. I doubt Charley would come back to DC no matter the amount of money Snyder offered him. Remember Charley had a habit of trading OUT of the first round and could care les about winning the off season Dumbardi. Dan on the other hand lives for it.

How long will it be before there are reports that Snyder meets with Gruden? A vote of confidence coming from Snyder SHOULD be the opening salvo for the beginning of the end for Allen. This absolutely will not happen.......why......because as stated Allen is the yes man who will convince Snyder that his embarrassment stems from having quality players and a coach who's unable to get them to win.

Maybe Casserly would come back if he could get a guarantee that Snyder would take long trips in the off-season and vow to never return until kick-off of the opening season.

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm there. I haven't missed a game in 30 years. I'm seriously considering doing something else next week. Whats the point?

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Faith.

Hey, I'm a Raiders fan.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm there. I haven't missed a game in 30 years. I'm seriously considering doing something else next week. Whats the point?

I go back to Norm Snead's last season here, there have been some really putrid years since that time.....but each of those lean years you were able to see small incremental improvements that allowed for hope. Len Haus and Vnce Pomuto and company would be ashamed of this crew. I would love to hang in there but there comes a time to stop relying on hope when you have to manufacture it!!!

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well many people on here thought we would be somewhere around 2-4 at this point. we can get some wins in our next 4 games. sure, the seasons over and it doesn't really matter but we knew we weren't ready to be a playoff team yet before the season even started. maybe its just my lions background but i always stick around. its a rebuilding year, sadly, seems like its always a rebuilding year.. but that comes with finding the right head coach so the worst thing we could do is keep switching head coaches.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not going to give up on a guy who has coached 6 freaking games . i have been through all this losing just like you and it doesnt even enter my mind not to watch the team i love because i dont have the patience to let things develop

most of you had foolish expectations about the team from day one . and you didnt want to hear anyone tell you any different and i am the biggest homer on this board

you have yourselves to blame for your feelings because you bought into foolishness .

weeeellllllll chip kelley did it in one year so now every team will do it

a new GM , new HC , new STC , no 1st round pick , questionable qb play age on defense didnt clue you all into the fact that we are rebuilding ? DUUUUUUH

being last 5 of 6 years didnt ring a bell either did it ?

instead you all wanted to talk about what "we ' really means and how the qb was at fault for everything

now you know better, that KC is having trouble too , and if you watch him you will see he is rushing back there because he doesnt trust the protection my like Rg3 doesnt

i told you injuries could kill us but you didnt want to hear me because i was massaging RG3 foot

most of you wanted it to be his fault

let me tell you it isnt kc's fault either . its the teams fault . we need more young talent and we have to be patient to let it grow

you all like to bitch at snyder for his practices but most of you are jr snyders

so hell no i am not going to jump ship because i felt like this would happen and in the end if we keep acquiring players we will get this turned around

but i know what this off season will be about , fire the HC and GM before they get a chance to put their team together and i will spend all off season defending them to the bitter end and be called niave and stupid because none of you can be half way reasonable in a debate . its all scorched earth

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are suggesting bringing back Charlie Casserly? Oh my God now I've seen it all. Charlie Casserly's draft history was horrible, this is not an opinion it's a fact.

As for the thread title I"ll watch. I'll always watch. But yeah I'm pretty used to watching with the emotion of a preseason game in mid-October.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are suggesting bringing back Charlie Casserly? Oh my God now I've seen it all. Charlie Casserly's draft history was horrible, this is not an opinion it's a fact.

As for the thread title I"ll watch. I'll always watch. But yeah I'm pretty used to watching with the emotion of a preseason game in mid-October.

National Football League: NFL Draft History - by Team

Good pt. Anyone who needs a refresher in this area simply needs to check the years 1989-1999 in the link above. For the most part Casserly's early picks were terrible. However - at times - he had a knack for picking up steals in the later rounds. His greatest accomplishment was probably making that ridiculous Ricky Williams trade (on the Saints part) for all those draft picks in his final time as GM.

Again - why always go for the familiar names & sexy picks in this area? That sounds pretty Snyder-esque to me. Oh well - don't really care too much at this pt. Skinsdad - you make some great points. However - it sounds as if you are suggesting that the only problem is with personnel & I disagree. Does anyone truly believe that they are getting the maximum out of all of the players on the field. I don't simply mean in terms of motivation. I am also talking about using all of your players correctly & employing the correct schemes bases on personnel (& perhaps making adjustments).

I agree that the need more talent, have been set back by injuries & the coaching staff needs some time. However - how long can any fan go through all of this? I did not have expectations entering the season but hoped to at least see this team going in the right direction & we have seen precious little of that. Oh well - I will always be a diehard fan but interest is waning especially when just about every week they show some promise only to let us down.

At this pt I am not looking for a SB only some promise & potential. Still waiting.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm long past being surprised at the losing...skins have been doing that for way too long now to feel differently. Drives me nuts but we are what we are. And that seems to be a team that finds new and inventive ways to lose.

These days, a sense of humor is about the only defense for me, against the constant disappointments i continue to see, year after year.

Being a skins fan isn't going to change, so the rest I'll have to endure. HTTR

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
National Football League: NFL Draft History - by Team

Good pt. Anyone who needs a refresher in this area simply needs to check the years 1989-1999 in the link above. For the most part Casserly's early picks were terrible. However - at times - he had a knack for picking up steals in the later rounds. His greatest accomplishment was probably making that ridiculous Ricky Williams trade (on the Saints part) for all those draft picks in his final time as GM.

Again - why always go for the familiar names & sexy picks in this area? That sounds pretty Snyder-esque to me. Oh well - don't really care too much at this pt. Skinsdad - you make some great points. However - it sounds as if you are suggesting that the only problem is with personnel & I disagree. Does anyone truly believe that they are getting the maximum out of all of the players on the field. I don't simply mean in terms of motivation. I am also talking about using all of your players correctly & employing the correct schemes bases on personnel (& perhaps making adjustments).

I agree that the need more talent, have been set back by injuries & the coaching staff needs some time. However - how long can any fan go through all of this? I did not have expectations entering the season but hoped to at least see this team going in the right direction & we have seen precious little of that. Oh well - I will always be a diehard fan but interest is waning especially when just about every week they show some promise only to let us down.

At this pt I am not looking for a SB only some promise & potential. Still waiting.

Sorry I can't give Casserly an ounce of credit for the Ricky Williams trade. All he did was watch the player drop to their spot, pick up the phone and say "yes". Any idiot could have made that trade. What STILL pisses me off is that trade meant little, he gave most of the picks back to trade up for Champ and pissed away the rest. The trade could have set us up, instead he simply didn't get much in return.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't take long to research the Ricky Williams trade.

We got from the Saints:

• Pick #12 (Rd. 1) in the 1999 NFL Draft
  • Pick #71 (Rd. 3) in the 1999 NFL Draft
  • Pick #106 (Rd. 4) in the 1999 NFL Draft
  • Pick #144 (Rd. 5) in the 1999 NFL Draft
  • Pick #179 (Rd. 6) in the 1999 NFL Draft
  • Pick #218 (Rd. 7) in the 1999 NFL Draft
  • Pick #2 (Rd. 1) in the 2000 NFL Draft
  • Pick #64 (Rd. 3) in the 2000 NFL Draft

We turned it into:

• Champ Bailey
  • Derek Smith
  • LaVar Arrington
  • Lloyd Harrison
Who won the trade? - The Ricky Williams Trade (1999 & 2000 NFL Drafts)

Simply pathetic.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No skins'fan'will jumpship they will just pay less attention that is all