• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At least 4 teams make playoffs every year

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For last 32 years, at least 4 teams make the playoffs that did not make them last year.

One talking head predicted Jets and Commanders this year. Think he watches football?
Who do you predict for any team or all 4?

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of sounding like a homer, I think my Falcons will make the playoffs this season - I think we are the favorites to win the NFC South - getting a proven solid QB in Cousins should get us back into the playoffs for the first time since 2017 - poor QB play has killed our last 2 seasons and that shouldn’t be an issue now, and we have enough pieces to be a strong team. In fact if I had to pick 1 NFC team that missed the playoffs last year to make them this year, I would pick the Falcons.

Other NFC possibilities are the Seahawks and Bears - maybe the Commanders if Daniels has a strong year.

In the AFC, the team that missed the playoffs last season that I think has the best chance to make them in 2024 is the Bengals - I think people forget just how good Burrow is, and they look pretty good overall though I do wonder what their rushing game will look like without Mixon and who will step up at receiver behind Chase with Boyd gone and Higgins may be on his way out. I think the Bengals should be a playoff team if Burrow stays healthy.

The other obvious AFC possibility is the Jets - I think if Rodgers stays healthy and has a solid season they have a good shot at the postseason.

The AFC South is always wild and wacky, I think the Texans are the clear cut favorites to win the division but I think the Jags, Titans and Colts all have a shot at the playoffs, if various factors go right they each have enough talent to have a chance at the playoffs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing it's probably closer to 6 than 4.

Bears, Falcons, Jets all seem like good picks although I'm not sure I'd bet on Rodgers at this point. Raiders and Jaguars seem like they are in the mix. If Bengals can put their best players on the field then they'll make the playoffs.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts and Texans both having 22 year old franchise QBs would certainly make for an interesting long term rivalry
I just don’t have much trust in Anthony Richardson - he’s the most unproven player I’ve ever seen taken in the top 5 of the draft, he has a lot of potential but he’s never impressed me, I didn’t think he was that great in college at Florida and the Gators were just mediocre with him at QB, I wouldn’t be shocked if he turns out to be a bust. He only played in 4 games as a rookie last season, so who knows how he’ll do, but I don’t have a lot of confidence in him. If he has a good year I think the Colts could be a playoff team, but I lack confidence in him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle could be there. They were 1 game away from the playoffs had they beat Pittsburgh. The fact they would've made it with a bottom 5 defense, the worst defensive TOP, and 3rd worst 3rd down conversion rate allowed was actually quite impressive. They have a lot of talent on that team and Carroll's defense was out-dated. Everyone knew what it was and how to play against it. No surprise the D kept getting worse...

All of their talent is still here. Yah they lost Wagner but he was losing a step to begin with. But everyone is coming back... and they added starters in free agency/draft that are better than what they had last year. I don't get why people are thinking they're going to be worse.... I know it's a new coach but so? Carroll lost the locker room last year and his defensive scheme no longer worked.

Last year Seattle went in with Reed and Jones on the DL... and some later round picks. Like WTF did you think was gonna happen? This year they're going in with Williams, Murphy, Hankins, Reed, and Jones... MUCH much better. Also a lot of people forgot Geno was banged up and missed time last year and the entire starting OL went out for different periods.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears starting Caleb? He is not looking near ready for NFL. Early? yes but......

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears starting Caleb? He is not looking near ready for NFL. Early? yes but......

Oh yah, they'll march his ass out there and better pray he doesn't get all emo/mentally breaks down. He has no reason to complain. Odunze/Moore/Kmet is one of the better receiving groups in the league on paper.

Edit: They also got a pretty cupcake schedule. They play the AFC South (which outside of Houston is meh), then freebies with Carolina/Washington... NFC West could be tough (SF/LA are good, SEA was one game from the playoffs, got better in the offseason, and will actually be fielding a defense that's not 6-7 years out-dated).

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears wont make the playoffs this year.
The end.
It’s very hard to predict how a team with a rookie QB will do, given that we have no idea how the most important player on the team, the QB, will play. I think the Bears have a shot at the playoffs given the talent they have on their roster.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s very hard to predict how a team with a rookie QB will do, given that we have no idea how the most important player on the team, the QB, will play. I think the Bears have a shot at the playoffs given the talent they have on their roster.
yeah I get the hype of it, but if I were to bet on it. Well we know my opinion LOL
I seriously think no chance!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda get some of the Bears hype but the back half of their schedule is pretty tough and I don't think Williams and the additions equal +3 in the win column. My guess is the Falcons in the NFC because they win the south. After that, injuries will be the decider. I don't see much change in the WC spots from last year other than Rams if Stafford misses some games. That would open the door for Seahawks or maybe Bears.
In the AFC, Chargers, maybe Bengals if Burrow stays healthy, either Colts or Jaguars. I'll likely get some flack for this take but I think the Dolphins miss the play-offs. They aren't getting the rollover 70 point games to inflate their stats and will have to play some good defenses. Didn't buy into the Jets hype last year and not buying them this year.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda get some of the Bears hype but the back half of their schedule is pretty tough and I don't think Williams and the additions equal +3 in the win column. My guess is the Falcons in the NFC because they win the south. After that, injuries will be the decider. I don't see much change in the WC spots from last year other than Rams if Stafford misses some games. That would open the door for Seahawks or maybe Bears.
In the AFC, Chargers, maybe Bengals if Burrow stays healthy, either Colts or Jaguars. I'll likely get some flack for this take but I think the Dolphins miss the play-offs. They aren't getting the rollover 70 point games to inflate their stats and will have to play some good defenses. Didn't buy into the Jets hype last year and not buying them this year.
I don’t see the Chargers as a playoff caliber team, their receiving unit looks very weak. If anyone is going to make the playoffs besides the Chiefs in the AFC West, it will be the Raiders IMO.
I like what the Dolphins have, I honestly think they are the favorites to win the East actually, I know I’ll get flack for saying that but the Fins would’ve won the East last year if not for injuries and their choke against the Titans in December, and I think they have the most talented team in the division. The Bills receiving unit is very shaky going into this season and I think that will hurt them. The Bills have a really strong D, while the Fins have a really strong O. I could see either team winning the division but right now I’m leaning towards the Fins. I’m also not sold on the Jets.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have 4 easy wins vs Green Bay and Minnesota.

:behindsofa:
Minnesota will be the worst team in the NFCN, but Chicago will not be much better.

Bears will be lucky to win 7. (I am a die hard Bears fan but I also live in reality).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say the one thing that worries me about the Bears is turnovers. They were +3 in turnover differential last year. That could easily be -6 or something next year with a rookie QB who likes to sling the ball.

The Bears have the talent to make the playoffs. Its whether or not their young players aren't too young and their older players arent too old. I guess that applies for a lot of teams but Keenan Allen was still a top tier WR last year. Moore should also be a top tier WR next year. Their run game doesn't look special but I do think they're probably 3 deep with RBs. 2 deep at TE.

Bears were 18th in yards per play defense last year. 29th in 3rd down defense. I dont really see many additions on that side of the ball. The more I look at the roster the more I think they're still probably around .500 next year unless Caleb jumps into the league like CJ Stroud. Which he certainly could.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say the one thing that worries me about the Bears is turnovers. They were +3 in turnover differential last year. That could easily be -6 or something next year with a rookie QB who likes to sling the ball.

The Bears have the talent to make the playoffs. Its whether or not their young players aren't too young and their older players arent too old. I guess that applies for a lot of teams but Keenan Allen was still a top tier WR last year. Moore should also be a top tier WR next year. Their run game doesn't look special but I do think they're probably 3 deep with RBs. 2 deep at TE.

Bears were 18th in yards per play defense last year. 29th in 3rd down defense. I dont really see many additions on that side of the ball. The more I look at the roster the more I think they're still probably around .500 next year unless Caleb jumps into the league like CJ Stroud. Which he certainly could.
this to me is one of the most underrated stats, when we look at importance of defensive stats. Everyone pays attention to the main 3, but if we paid attention to dominating defenses. This is the one the tells the story in my opinion.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Bears are still one of the worst teams in the trenches when you combine their OL and DL's. Those teams RARELY make the playoffs. Especially when you factor in a rookie QB.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are still one of the worst teams in the trenches when you combine their OL and DL's. Those teams RARELY make the playoffs. Especially when you factor in a rookie QB.
The Bears need another edge rusher to step up besides Montez Sweat. That’s definitely their biggest concern on D. And they’ll need Gervon Dexter to have a good season anchoring the interior of the D-Line. The Bears LB unit and secondary look strong. I think their O-Line is the biggest question mark on the team and yeah a shaky O-Line with a rookie QB isn’t a good combination. I think it’s a long shot that the Bears make the playoffs but I do give them a chance. It’s just hard to predict what a team with a rookie QB will do.