• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At least 4 teams make playoffs every year

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a ton of pretty good teams that didnt make the playoffs last year:

Jets
Cincinatti

Jacksonville
Indy
Saint
Atlanta
Seattle

I bolded the ones I pick. But the other 3 could do it too.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its much easier to pick the teams that made the playoffs last year that wont make it or will have the hardest time making it...

Bucs, Texans, Rams, Dolphins, Cowboys, Packers, Browns, Steelers, RAVENS

That is 9 of the 14 teams, that either made the playoffs last year by the skin of their teeth, or are just in a very difficult diviision...

with the extra 2 teams making the playoffs, this at least 4 teams seems to be a certain to happen every year no matter what...

Jets, Bears, Colts, Jaguars, Falcons, Bengals, have to be the popular choices...

But i would not sleep on the Cardinals and saints...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears, Packers, Falcons, and Eagles have better teams than the Rams at this point, imo. None of those teams won their division. Rams aren't beating out the 49ers in the West. They aren't just gonna be gifted a playoff spot for being mediocre this year.
The Bears are not better than the Rams. Will they be improved? Surely. But I just can't see the playoffs without the Rams occupying one of the three wildcard slots.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are not better than the Rams. Will they be improved? Surely. But I just can't see the playoffs without the Rams occupying one of the three wildcard slots.
Agreed - the Rams are very good, I think people forget just how good Stafford is, and that they won the Super Bowl just 3 years ago - they have a very good offense and their defense looks more complete this year despite Donald’s retirement. If Stafford stays healthy the Rams should be a playoff team.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The JETS are a popular choice?
Really, a lot of these teams are relying on a QB coming off an injury. Granted, Rodgers looks like an old hobo so its probably less likely for them

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The JETS are a popular choice?

absolutely they are... haters gonna hate... but football experts love them... not just the new york ones here...

i understand the rodgers hate... it is valid... but that doesnt make them any less of a popular projection to make the playoffs...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, a lot of these teams are relying on a QB coming off an injury. Granted, Rodgers looks like an old hobo so its probably less likely for them

yes, the jets are relying on an old veteran hasbeen QB who is coming back from an injury... absolutely this can easily backfire...

But the jets also have a well above average defense if not elite, they have a top 5 RB, and they have receivers.... they also have a revamped offensive line...

they are an optimists dream team

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely they are... haters gonna hate... but football experts love them... not just the new york ones here...

i understand the rodgers hate... it is valid... but that doesnt make them any less of a popular projection to make the playoffs...
I just googled NFL playoff predictions and looked at half dozen sites and not a one mentioned the Jets making the playoffs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, the jets are relying on an old veteran hasbeen QB who is coming back from an injury... absolutely this can easily backfire...

But the jets also have a well above average defense if not elite, they have a top 5 RB, and they have receivers.... they also have a revamped offensive line...

If Rodgers stays healthy and is still Rodgers then, yeah, that team is nasty and no one would want to play them in the playoffs.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think Breece Hall is a top 5 RB in the NFL? I’m not sure about that.
The Jets have a shot at the playoffs IMO, their defense is very strong, but I’m not sure how much Rodgers has left in the tank and what he’ll look like. The O-Line should be better and the receiving unit is slightly deeper this year. The biggest question mark is Rodgers, if he can stay healthy and what his play will be like.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its much easier to pick the teams that made the playoffs last year that wont make it or will have the hardest time making it...

Bucs, Texans, Rams, Dolphins, Cowboys, Packers, Browns, Steelers, RAVENS

That is 9 of the 14 teams, that either made the playoffs last year by the skin of their teeth, or are just in a very difficult diviision...

with the extra 2 teams making the playoffs, this at least 4 teams seems to be a certain to happen every year no matter what...

Jets, Bears, Colts, Jaguars, Falcons, Bengals, have to be the popular choices...

But i would not sleep on the Cardinals and saints...
Think the Bills or Jets get in on a Wildcard?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just googled NFL playoff predictions and looked at half dozen sites and not a one mentioned the Jets making the playoffs.

nobody is projecting them to win the division... its the WC... and i just googled, too, and the first site i found in standings projections have them with a 52% of making the playoffs...

thats from teamrankings.com

and in vegas, the Jets payout to make the playoffs is -160

sounds pretty popular to me...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jets have the 12 best odds to make the playoffs in the NFL this season....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rodgers? Doctors fixed one leg but not the other. He could be playing on zero legs by game 4.
The O-line still sucks.
They have a good defense. Pats had a good defense last year. How far did that carry them?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers? Doctors fixed one leg but not the other. He could be playing on zero legs by game 4.
The O-line still sucks.
They have a good defense. Pats had a good defense last year. How far did that carry them?

First off I am a pessimistic jets fan. I never said nor believe that they will make the playoffs.

All I am saying is that they are one of the more popular choices to make it to the playoffs this season. And that’s just a fact.

Again they have the 12 best betting odds to make it. Sure Vegas makes these odds based on where the bets are coming from. But that also means Vegas thinks that bettors will pick the jets to make the playoffs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2024 playoff teams that have a chance to not make it this year
AFC
Bills - new weapons for Allen and defense regressed
Dolphins - going to depend on the defense and Tua in big games
Steelers - always seem to put together a winning team