• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ASU @ UW

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck UW! I hear it will be rainy and cold (not typical Sun Devil conditions)

Yep. The xfactor. UWs only advantage.

Not sure how windy it's supposed to be, that would be a greater factor.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams taking snaps all week and both Shaq and Ross taking snaps at tailback.

Not sure how much of that is a distraction to keep ASU guessing and preparing for a more broad offense than they are really going to run, or if we are going to see some changes this week.

The weather is not only supposed to have a lot of rain, but also wind. Not up to the level of last years monsoon game against zona, but still a very bad weather night.

Honestly that weather will cause problems for both teams, but option offenses already drop the rock more than other types of offenses and the wet ball could make that worse.

If Miles is out there it might not impact him much as he doesn't throw down field anyway :L and already is shaky at hitting the screen and quit hit routes.

I know this team is different at home, but I'm still hesitant to think they will win this. ASU should win it if talent alone is a factor. The x factor of the weather and home field might help, but if they look as bad as last week it won't be enough.

I'm going to pick UW this week, but I'm not really confident in doing so.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to pick UW this week, but I'm not really confident in doing so.

It's hard to be, just going by the numbers and the type of O we're facing. But Kudos to you, you did what I could not! :suds:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys happy? I know Wiz probably is. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you how I see it. I don't think it will matter.

I don't think the problem is Miles. I think the problem is coaching all across the offensive side of the ball, and especially at the QB position.

Just like the weather is going to have a negative effect on both teams, Smith is a negative effect on all of our QBs.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you how I see it. I don't think it will matter.

I don't think the problem is Miles. I think the problem is coaching all across the offensive side of the ball, and especially at the QB position.

Just like the weather is going to have a negative effect on both teams, Smith is a negative effect on all of our QBs.

To me the problem is we have no real running game. Miles does suck in the passing game, but there is no running game to create play action out of and he can't really go down field much.

I've been outspoken in my belief that Smith is in over his head already. My only worry is Pete doesn't try to stick with him until he has his own kids in to fully run his offense because I don't think it's going to matter any.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That factors to be huge in this game as well. Coleman and Washington are both listed as doubtful for the game leaving only cooper as a full time RB for this game. They used Shaq a lot in practice this week and played around with Ross out of the backfield as well.

Thin at tailback? Beyond that.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the problem is we have no real running game. Miles does suck in the passing game, but there is no running game to create play action out of and he can't really go down field much.

I've been outspoken in my belief that Smith is in over his head already. My only worry is Pete doesn't try to stick with him until he has his own kids in to fully run his offense because I don't think it's going to matter any.

Yeah I know. The entire offense is a mess. It's hard to pin it down. I mean why don't we have a running game?

We have a returning oline that should be better at what was already a strength. We have a running back that averaged over 7ypc behind that same oline last season. Granted, he's not Sankey. But he showed promise in limited duty last season...

We arent calling many plays beyond 10yds so it's easy for the D to just stack the box.

Maybe Troy is the answer. But with crappy play calling I don't know that he'll prove to be any better.

He went 5/10 last week and got a trash time TD. Thats impressed a lot of people. Not sure why.

Not even sure why he got the start. No word on if it was because of Miles being banged up or a half assed attempt to generate some O.

Oh well. We'll find out tomorrow!

I'm going back to watch this arena football game on FS1.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That factors to be huge in this game as well. Coleman and Washington are both listed as doubtful for the game leaving only cooper as a full time RB for this game. They used Shaq a lot in practice this week and played around with Ross out of the backfield as well.

Thin at tailback? Beyond that.

I've seen a lot of folks screaming for Cooper because of his speed.

I just don't think it's the personnel on the field. At least not as the main problem.

Anything that gets Ross more touches. I'm all in on that.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game is up for bets on SportsHoopla Bookie

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shall I bring my shovel tomorrow before gametime girlz? I'm ready to fill the "pittypot" hole now.

Weathers "blowing in" and it's a homegame COT DAM<IT~ Let's all just gather round for a "group hug" and GO OUT AND WIN ONE FOR THE "DAWGFATHER" ...ok?

Don't make me drive up there and buy a ticket to see it and lead the cheer!

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shall I bring my shovel tomorrow before gametime girlz? I'm ready to fill the "pittypot" hole now.

Weathers "blowing in" and it's a homegame COT DAM<IT~ Let's all just gather round for a "group hug" and GO OUT AND WIN ONE FOR THE "DAWGFATHER" ...ok?

Don't make me drive up there and buy a ticket to see it and lead the cheer!

I just don't see it Wally. This offense would have to pill a complete about-face to keep pace with ASU.

That being said...

It looks like there will be more than 1 new face on the O this weekend. Plus the weather.

So what the numbers indicate might not mean a hell of a lot.

Trust me. I'm rooting for UW, and I think we'll have a decent year regardless of the result tomorrow, but from everything we've seen, this is a bad matchup for this team.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we trade Smith for Bluto???

:pound:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There it is.

Tomorrows game weather:

Showers, 80% chance of rain, Wind SE at 8 MPH.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's Uniform

"All I saw was purple. No jerseys, no numbers, just purple."

~Marinobich

My favorites. :suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that game well. I was there :nod:. THAT was some defense. USC didn't know what hit them that day.

:suds:

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will put up a minimum of 30 pts tonight. Just sayin!!!!! Whomever predicted in the teens for ASU is flat out wrong. Key to tonight's win is for Coach Todd Graham to bring an umbrella.