• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ASU @ UW

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so ASU is coming to town with an 8 game winning streak vs UW.

My biggest concern in this game is our offense. However I'm also worried about our D in this type of matchup. We've seen plenty of games against drop back passers in Cal, furd and the illini and our D has done well. We've also seen two dual threat QBs and they both lit us up. Granted against EWU we contained Vernon for the most part but he still lit us up throwing the ball. I credit our D line playing a vastly over matched oline for the containment.

vs ASU we are facing a dual threat QB with an excellent oline and plenty of offensive threats around him. ASUs oline has allowed the least amount of sacks in the PAC. So it doesnt get easier for our d facing their line compared to Oregons.

I have no reason to believe our D is going to stop ASU consistently. I don't think it will be as bad as it was against Oregon when the final tally is done, but I think we need 35+ to win this game.

Which brings me to the larger concern. Our offense. How are they going to get that many points? They are abysmal. We faced lesser Ds in Cal and the Illini and our O couldnt produce 35 against either one of them. In case you forgot our D scored 3 TDs between those two games. In the second half we managed 3 fgs... :L

I think coach Graham realizes what type of QB he has the best chance to win this game with, so Kelly is starting. He might be a little rusty as he's missed the past 3 games, though I don't think he will be.

I think the streak goes to 9...

Thoughts?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...we haven't beat ASU in Seattle since 1997! :L

I really do hope that ends this weekend. :hope:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough weekend for me personally, (wife is a Sun Devil) and she's already start shit talking after the Zero's game, then I have to wake Sunday and watch my Eagles play her Cardinals, :L sum bitch this could be a bad weekend for me....

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
she's already start shit talking after the Zero's game

oh fun. :pound:

My wife doesnt give a hoot about sports. :suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-- Troy Williams, UW’s redshirt freshman quarterback, took all of the snaps with the first-team offense during practice today as sophomore Cyler Miles continues to recover from concussion-like symptoms.

“He hasn’t turned the ball over and he’s making good decisions,” UW junior receiver Jaydon Mickens said after practice. “He’s throwing the ball away when he needs to, and he’s also using his legs — as you saw in the Oregon game. He’s growing up every day.”
Miles was injured early in the fourth quarter against Oregon.

Coach Pete says Miles will get the start this Sat if he's cleared to play.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-- Troy Williams, UW’s redshirt freshman quarterback, took all of the snaps with the first-team offense during practice today as sophomore Cyler Miles continues to recover from concussion-like symptoms.

“He hasn’t turned the ball over and he’s making good decisions,” UW junior receiver Jaydon Mickens said after practice. “He’s throwing the ball away when he needs to, and he’s also using his legs — as you saw in the Oregon game. He’s growing up every day.”
Miles was injured early in the fourth quarter against Oregon.

Coach Pete says Miles will get the start this Sat if he's cleared to play.

Is it pretty common knowledge that Williams moved up on the depth chart over Lindquist?

Feel like I missed something with that.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it pretty common knowledge that Williams moved up on the depth chart over Lindquist?

Feel like I missed something with that.

I think they were both shaky in the spring drill that you have to look at both, Jeff wasn't spectacular in Hawaii, :noidea: personally I hope Miles gets healthy...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is why don't we have a running game?

Sure losing Sankey, one of the best RBs in all of college football hurt. But Dwayne Washington ran for over 7 ypc last season, behind the same oline. Thats been cut in half. A huge drop off...

Is it because of the play calling? oline coaching? Combination?

I have no explanation for lack of a good running game. We should have one. The talent is here...

I'm starting to think we are in a lot of trouble across the board on the offensive side. Personally I'm looking at the coaching first.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We acted like 5-1 last week.

It's time to address reality.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is why don't we have a running game?

Sure losing Sankey, one of the best RBs in all of college football hurt. But Dwayne Washington ran for over 7 ypc last season, behind the same oline. Thats been cut in half. A huge drop off...

Is it because of the play calling? oline coaching? Combination?

I have no explanation for lack of a good running game. We should have one. The talent is here...

I'm starting to think we are in a lot of trouble across the board on the offensive side. Personally I'm looking at the coaching first.

To be honest it's almost like the backs don't have that explosion through the hole, its almost like they don't like the looks of it and try to bounce it outside.....

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so ASU is coming to town with an 8 game winning streak vs UW.

My biggest concern in this game is our offense. However I'm also worried about our D in this type of matchup. We've seen plenty of games against drop back passers in Cal, furd and the illini and our D has done well. We've also seen two dual threat QBs and they both lit us up. Granted against EWU we contained Vernon for the most part but he still lit us up throwing the ball. I credit our D line playing a vastly over matched oline for the containment.

vs ASU we are facing a dual threat QB with an excellent oline and plenty of offensive threats around him. ASUs oline has allowed the least amount of sacks in the PAC. So it doesnt get easier for our d facing their line compared to Oregons.

I have no reason to believe our D is going to stop ASU consistently. I don't think it will be as bad as it was against Oregon when the final tally is done, but I think we need 35+ to win this game.

Which brings me to the larger concern. Our offense. How are they going to get that many points? They are abysmal. We faced lesser Ds in Cal and the Illini and our O couldnt produce 35 against either one of them. In case you forgot our D scored 3 TDs between those two games. In the second half we managed 3 fgs... :L

I think coach Graham realizes what type of QB he has the best chance to win this game with, so Kelly is starting. He might be a little rusty as he's missed the past 3 games, though I don't think he will be.

I think the streak goes to 9...

Thoughts?

Incredible breakdown. You've done your research :10:

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest thing for ASU is to not have a letdown right after the big win. Seattle is always a tough place to play regardless of the streak. Cold, wet, and rainy is not our friend. Very interested in seeing the return of TK, Graham said Berco will play too. We went with an "experimental" defense last week which was much bigger than our previous starting lineup. Graham said that he plans to keep it the way it is. Which means he's either respecting your run game or trying to shut it down and force your QB to throw. If you have the receivers to beat 1-1's against some decent corners, you could score points.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incredible breakdown. You've done your research :10:

ha! It's more or less just reading the blatant writing on the wall. When we actually bother to research the numbers, it's much worse... :L

I think the one thing that might help UW is the weather. It's going to be a mess.

But you put these same two teams on a nice field in neutral weather and I think ASU romps 9 times out of 10.

It's just a bad matchup for UW right now.

Oregon-lite coming to town is how I see it.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck UW! I hear it will be rainy and cold (not typical Sun Devil conditions)

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough weekend for me personally, (wife is a Sun Devil) and she's already start shit talking after the Zero's game, then I have to wake Sunday and watch my Eagles play her Cardinals, :L sum bitch this could be a bad weekend for me....

make up sex is the best.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in Spokane for many years and have respect for UW and actually rooted for them when ASU wasnt playing or contending....Love the location, stadium, fans... it's all good.