• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Astros @ Mariners: 4/16 - 4/19

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the 1st game I've seen all year since I gave up cable TV. Great win.

Fun fact: The ESPN power rankings today have the Astros at #2 in mlb yet they are currently at 3rd in their own division. Im not saying Seattle is better or anything, just pointing out how odd that looks.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just listened to Servais and Dipoto's comments on Ben and it appears they have no clue what to do on Ichiro. Jerry says they could possibly keep 5 OF's because Romine's versitility, but if that is the case then why isn't Romine playing 1B against lefties instead of Motter? You can't say Romine is on the roster yet have Motter start over him while Vogelbach sits vs lefties. I just don't get how Jerry didn't have an exit strategy for Ichiro. Hell, keep Ichiro and send down Motter then, Gamel should have been LF for a week now.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just listened to Servais and Dipoto's comments on Ben and it appears they have no clue what to do on Ichiro. Jerry says they could possibly keep 5 OF's because Romine's versitility, but if that is the case then why isn't Romine playing 1B against lefties instead of Motter? You can't say Romine is on the roster yet have Motter start over him while Vogelbach sits vs lefties. I just don't get how Jerry didn't have an exit strategy for Ichiro. Hell, keep Ichiro and send down Motter then, Gamel should have been LF for a week now.

It wouldn't shock me if they were hoping Heredia wasn't good so it was an easy decision for them. Heredia is better in every aspect and it isn't close. Also he pairs good with Gamel platoon wise.

These are the moves that need to happen in the coming weeks.

-Miranda up and Bradford down or Leblanc DFA(he's only being used in blow outs anyway)
-Gamel up, Ichiro DFA
-Zunino up, Marjama down (Freitas has played better)
-Healy up, Romine DFA (Motter seems more useful)

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the plan is to release Ichiro in a couple days when Gamel comes back up, do you really think they would come out and say that in a public interview?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't shock me if they were hoping Heredia wasn't good so it was an easy decision for them. Heredia is better in every aspect and it isn't close. Also he pairs good with Gamel platoon wise.

These are the moves that need to happen in the coming weeks.

-Miranda up and Bradford down or Leblanc DFA(he's only being used in blow outs anyway)
-Gamel up, Ichiro DFA
-Zunino up, Marjama down (Freitas has played better)
-Healy up, Romine DFA (Motter seems more useful)

Don't see anything wrong with that. I'm just confused (as I am with almost everything Jerry does) with why he hasn't activated Gamel yet. As well as if Romine is the super utility guy then why has the emergency plan of calling Motter up getting all the playing time.

Should be Servais' call but Jerry is Scott's boss and doesn't help the health of the club having dudes who are getting sent down get all the playing time over guys who will be on the team the whole year.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see anything wrong with that. I'm just confused (as I am with almost everything Jerry does) with why he hasn't activated Gamel yet. As well as if Romine is the super utility guy then why has the emergency plan of calling Motter up getting all the playing time.
I think the Romine/Motter thing was strictly option based to start the year. Motter has options and Romine doesn't so since things were equalish at the time, Romine made the team. I think based on playing time they like Motter more and they don't have to make that move that yet since there are still injuries. My guess is once Healy is healthy barring no more injuries Romine will go.

The Gamel thing is puzzling even for the Mariners. This day they should have planned for when Ichrio was signed. I really think they were hoping to option Heredia but its clear they would look foolish doing that. So they are making a dumb excuse to delay the inevitable.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha no, it's called dont watch YouTube videos and think you can do plumbing in your own house.

Just giving WSU grad some crap. I grew up a Husky fan, but don't have any connection to it. My dad was a big Don James fan (probably because they grew up near each other. I doubt they knew each other because my dad was 10 years older than him, but I never asked). I actually know more people that played a sport at WSU than UW.

I knew Andy Mason from Huskies (played football back in late 80's early 90's) and is from my hometown.

From WSU, I knew a pitcher I schooled in basketball from my high school. One of my teacher's kids played TE there. My sister-in-laws newest husband 'played' QB there though I don't think he ever got on the field. Chris Jackson the former WR with Leaf was a athletic trainer in AZ and did some work for a high school basketball team I was coaching with. When I played JC basketball locally, the baseball coach (who was also our bus driver for bball) was later the head baseball coach for a few years at WSU. And my wife's grandpa actually started at QB vs UW back in the 40's before it was the Apple Cup. He also started at shortstop for the baseball team.

So I have no real die-hard love for or against either. Gonzaga is my basketball team so I am all over the board.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just giving WSU grad some crap. I grew up a Husky fan, but don't have any connection to it. My dad was a big Don James fan (probably because they grew up near each other. I doubt they knew each other because my dad was 10 years older than him, but I never asked). I actually know more people that played a sport at WSU than UW.

I knew Andy Mason from Huskies (played football back in late 80's early 90's) and is from my hometown.

From WSU, I knew a pitcher I schooled in basketball from my high school. One of my teacher's kids played TE there. My sister-in-laws newest husband 'played' QB there though I don't think he ever got on the field. Chris Jackson the former WR with Leaf was a athletic trainer in AZ and did some work for a high school basketball team I was coaching with. When I played JC basketball locally, the baseball coach (who was also our bus driver for bball) was later the head baseball coach for a few years at WSU. And my wife's grandpa actually started at QB vs UW back in the 40's before it was the Apple Cup. He also started at shortstop for the baseball team.

So I have no real die-hard love for or against either. Gonzaga is my basketball team so I am all over the board.

Well I didn't have a choice, my cousin played football for them and he made Drew Bledsoe call me to wish me a happy birthday when I was a kid so I kind of had to. Then in HS I lost all respect for the entire UW athletics for certain reasons not meant for a message board...but they seem to be run clean now that Peterson is in charge and Romar is gone.

My neighbor is a Gonzaga grad so they are an adopted team of mine since the Cougs basketball team couldn't win a single class state championship in Washington State.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Romine/Motter thing was strictly option based to start the year. Motter has options and Romine doesn't so since things were equalish at the time, Romine made the team. I think based on playing time they like Motter more and they don't have to make that move that yet since there are still injuries. My guess is once Healy is healthy barring no more injuries Romine will go.

The Gamel thing is puzzling even for the Mariners. This day they should have planned for when Ichrio was signed. I really think they were hoping to option Heredia but its clear they would look foolish doing that. So they are making a dumb excuse to delay the inevitable.
It is totally disgusting to me how ownership permits JD/Servais to continue making a mess out of the line up. Gamel is being played big time politically as far as I'm concerned. What a waste of talent and I think most of this can be traced back to the signing of Ichiro for a 1 yr deal. It would not surprise me if negotiations were going on with Ichiro & company to resolve issues that Dipoto caused due to his attempt to be a hero in the fan's eyes. I think there is more going on behind the scenes that will eventually make it's way out to the fans and I'm guessing it's going to eventually come out and really piss off a lot of people. It's too weird to think what is going on is the plan. All we have to do is look at the inconsistencies.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

at the time that they got romine and ichiro...they needed them for insurance(from there point of view) and it being early in the season...now that time is passing...in ichiro's case..he is not hitting that well ..so if he was ,they could make a case for him to take heredias spot and send heredia down..that is not the case...so post him in japan as coach...lololol
they kept romine around to have a LH HITTER OF THE BENCH..AND SUPER UTILITY GUY
now that vogey has done well as 1b/dh at mlb lvl the extra LH guy is there
motter is a better hitter than romine.....and being a lot younger is the super utility for the mariners future
that said
i would send them both to japan to coach
brining romine back in two to four years in the mariners organization...possible eventual MLB manager
just imo though..lololol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gamel will come up when he starts hitting well at AAA IMO..which is prob when they will make a move with ichi and/or romine...also just IMO

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind:L
This organization will do everything to avoid the elephant in the room I guess

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gamel will come up when he starts hitting well at AAA IMO..which is prob when they will make a move with ichi and/or romine...also just IMO
Not sure what you consider hitting well, but Gamel seems to me to be more than ready to come back up here. He's had 9 games to date with 32 AB's. AVG= .281 - OBP=.415 - SLG=.344 - OPS=.758. Those sound like pretty good numbers so I don't think it's a matter of he needs to hit well b4 getting back to Seattle. Dipoto kicked himself in the ass and is now trying to figure out how to get his foot unstuck b4 the shit really hits the fan! Just my opinion is all.
(couldn't find a emoji showing shit flying out of a fan) :exploding: :wtf2::yo::what::smash::puke:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
motter down is a quick temp solution... lets see what miranda has tonight

miranda against houston

BATTER AB H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO AVG OBP SLG OPS
J Altuve (2B) 18 4 0 0 0 1 0 2 .222 .222 .222 .444
A Bregman (3B) 10 2 0 0 0 1 0 3 .200 .182 .200 .382
C Correa (SS) 15 3 1 0 1 3 1 3 .200 .235 .467 .702
D Fisher (RF) 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 .000 .000 .000
E Gattis (C) 5 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 .000 .167 .000 .167
M González (LF) 10 2 1 0 1 1 2 5 .200 .385 .600 .985
Y Gurriel (1B) 16 3 0 0 1 3 1 2 .188 .235 .375 .610
J Marisnick (CF) 8 2 1 0 1 1 0 3 .250 .250 .750 1.000
B McCann (C) 8 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 .125 .222 .125 .347
J Reddick (RF) 6 2 0 0 0 0 0 2 .333 .333 .333 .666
G Springer (RF) 15 4 0 0 4 4 4 1 .267 .421 1.067 1.488
Stats Legend
altuve with 18 at basts only hitting 222 against miranda
riddick the best 6 at bats for an 333 ave

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ot sure what you consider hitting well, but Gamel seems to me to be more than ready to come back up here. He's had 9 games to date with 32 AB's. AVG= .281 - OBP=.415 - SLG=.344 - OPS=.758. Those sound like pretty good numbers so I don't think it's a matter of he needs to hit well b4 getting back to Seattle. Dipoto kicked himself in the ass and is now trying to figure out how to get his foot unstuck b4 the shit really hits the fan! Just my opinion is all.

for a AAA guy who is going to stay at AAA those are ok numbers..for a guy coming to MLB
needs to be..for example..300 or better ave.. obp above 400 ok check ok that one..slg 500 or better 600 is good
a 750 ops is a bit low..800-900 would look better

i think my quote got stuck..lolol

(couldn't find a emoji showing shit flying out of a fan) :exploding: :wtf2::yo:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for a AAA guy who is going to stay at AAA those are ok numbers..for a guy coming to MLB
needs to be..for example..300 or better ave.. obp above 400 ok check ok that one..slg 500 or better 600 is good
a 750 ops is a bit low..800-900 would look better

i think my quote got stuck..lolol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a..nice bit of...drama ...added...lolol
and a bit better show than some years it seems so far......................................................................lol