• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Astros at White Sox

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, in this sport? That stuff is nonsense and not worth listening to. Historically, time and time again, there is zero correlation between beating playoff teams in the regular season and beating them in the postseason. Consistently, you will see teams get totally dominated by one team April-September and then beat them in October.

I would say us being 54-35 and 8 games up given our absurd amount of injuries sustained is MORE than enough to establish as being serious WS contenders.

I just don't view any series right now as being "huge". Just keep stacking wins and keep Cleveland at an arms length while we get healthy. I will be happy.
Regardless of what the stats say it’s highly disturbing how poor we play vs winning teams. It’s not just losing but we look pretty rough a lot in doing so. Astros have our number hard apparently.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what the stats say it’s highly disturbing how poor we play vs winning teams. It’s not just losing but we look pretty rough a lot in doing so. Astros have our number hard apparently.
It seems the Sox simply cannot beat them.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stayed up late to watch this garbage? Couldn't watch it live because I had previous plans, so I naturally DVR'd the game - waste of time. I think we all know that unless we take these last two games, even if we somehow end up with the best record, we'll be no better than 2nd banana to the Stros. These fuckers really have our number.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucas rolling along and some good AB's to drive up Odorizzi's pitch count to knock him out early. Looking good. Just a bit frustrated we left the bases loaded when we really had a chance to bury them early.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually proven to be irrelevant. It's especially not disturbing given the majority of our lineup being hurt practically all season.

I think there was a team two years ago who lost 10 of 11 to another team during the regular season and then swept them in the playoffs. This stuff has no relevance or bearing, at all. Playoff baseball is different. Positional guys don't get days off, your bullpen goes into the series fresh, your starters are lined up exactly how you want them, you don't throw your 5th (or even your 4th very often) starter ever, you stretch out your best starters/relievers to their limit, etc.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see the pitching performance from Giolito and the power show in today's game. Go Sox!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giolito was looking like last year's model
Been waiting for that guy to show up. His shit was nasty. I don't know what the breakdown was, but he seemed to throw more fastballs than usual. Maybe it was just me.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eloy is KOing at 75% of his at bats at the moment. He's going to have to make better contact before he goes back to the Bigs.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eloy is KOing at 75% of his at bats at the moment. He's going to have to make better contact before he goes back to the Bigs.
I'll file this one under YIKES. That is bad, bad, bad. Let's hope it's simply a case of Eloy having to regain his timing. But you're right, ain't no way he's ready for the bigs and at that k rate, probably not anytime soon.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll file this one under YIKES. That is bad, bad, bad. Let's hope it's simply a case of Eloy having to regain his timing. But you're right, ain't no way he's ready for the bigs and at that k rate, probably not anytime soon.
My "stat" is anecdotal - in that in each of the last two nights - Eloy had 4 ABs and 3 Kos in each game. He just needs to sync up his swing - and stop trying to be the hero who pops HRs every night.