• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ASK IRA: Would a Wade departure blemish his reputation?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As critical as I am of him, rightfully. His legacy and reputation with this organization is cemented. However, that may change depending on the terms in which he makes his departure from here, if that were to happen.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
As critical as I am of him, rightfully. His legacy and reputation with this organization is cemented. However, that may change depending on the terms in which he makes his departure from here, if that were to happen.

Nah. His legacy is cemented. Period. Full stop. For a year or two or three, people might be upset. However, no one in South Florida Sports history (or no individual - the Canes did but with various individuals) has been a major part in 5 finals in 12 years and 3 Championships including a finals MVP and NBA scoring leader. No one will be begrudge him for getting more money during his latter years in his career. I get why Miami may not give him a bigger offer, but part of me says why does Arison not step up and give him a ton of Miami in year one of the deal -- say 24 million and pay a huge luxury tax as a thank you and then him a negotiated amount for the next couple of years.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are an idiot. Really - you have the entire rest of today to hang yourself - it will be the best decision you have ever and will ever make

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. His legacy is cemented. Period. Full stop. For a year or two or three, people might be upset. However, no one in South Florida Sports history (or no individual - the Canes did but with various individuals) has been a major part in 5 finals in 12 years and 3 Championships including a finals MVP and NBA scoring leader. No one will be begrudge him for getting more money during his latter years in his career. I get why Miami may not give him a bigger offer, but part of me says why does Arison not step up and give him a ton of Miami in year one of the deal -- say 24 million and pay a huge luxury tax as a thank you and then him a negotiated amount for the next couple of years.

Not sure who/where would pay him more.

Also, I agree about the luxury hit, but I don't think it's that simple because of the repeat offender penalties, etc.

I think he should opt out, sign a 3 for 30.

Then perhaps a 30M Carnival Cruise deal to follow.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not sure who/where would pay him more.

Also, I agree about the luxury hit, but I don't think it's that simple because of the repeat offender penalties, etc.

I think he should opt out, sign a 3 for 30.

Then perhaps a 30M Carnival Cruise deal to follow.

LOL. Can't do the 30M Carnival Cruise deal as would be in violation of the cap. Can't have any promises. Heat offerring $36M over 3 years right now. 16 million next and then $10 million per year. Paula mad...she mad. One minute she hates her diva and the next he begrudges her Diva. So what if a repeat offender....just means Arison has to pay $3 for every $1 he pays Wade. He can view the payments as a return to the league for owning the limelight for 3 years. His ROI on the Heat from inception to now is very singificant....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arison would be an idiot to pay all that extra money for overpaying for Diva Wade so recklessly at this point in his career - The guy is 33, will turn 34 by the time the second half of the season comes around and all the potentially important games of the season come around -Has SAT OUT an alarming number of games the last few seasons - His best days are over - Face it, it happens to EVERY athlete in every sport - to the greatest of them all - his time is long gone. He is no longer worth double digit mil $ per year - even tougher for him to make a case for that amount a season after SITTING OUT so many games like a pussy when his team needed him most.

The Heat have taken care of him a great deal in his career - it is time for him to be thankful for it and once again take one for the team - it will be to his benefit.