• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As we now look to the draft

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
buddy of mine sent this to me. I got a good chuckle.

Oops.........

No. 1: Seattle Seahawks
After one of the worst picks in the first round I can ever remember, the Seattle Seahawks didn't draft any positions of need or draft for the future.
Pete Carroll is proving why he didn’t make it in the NFL the first time. Not only was Bruce Irvin a reach at No. 15, the Seahawks proved they were oblivious to their madness by celebrating their selection.
As if the day wasn’t bad enough, Seattle selecting Russell Wilson, a QB that doesn’t fit their offense at all, was by far the worst move of the draft. With the two worst moves of the draft, Seattle is the only team that received an F on draft day.
Grade: F

2012 NFL Draft Grades: Ranking Teams That Failed on Draft Day | Bleacher Report

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talking heads were laughing at us on the networks Richard Sherman? etc etc.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 25 (25) J. Carpenter T Alabama
3 11 (75) J. Moffitt G Wisconsin
4 2 (99) K. Wright OLB Mississippi State
4 10 (107) K. Durham WR Georgia
5 23 (154) R. Sherman CB Stanford
5 25 (156) M. Legree S Appalachian State
6 8 (173) B. Maxwell CB Clemson
7 2 (205) L. Levingston DE LSU
7 39 (242) M. Smith OLB USC

From 11 that is.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your a corner back drafted by Seattle in the late rounds you have to be ecstatic.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PEDs has made modern drafts a bit harder to predict

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
buddy of mine sent this to me. I got a good chuckle.

Oops.........

No. 1: Seattle Seahawks
After one of the worst picks in the first round I can ever remember, the Seattle Seahawks didn't draft any positions of need or draft for the future.
Pete Carroll is proving why he didn’t make it in the NFL the first time. Not only was Bruce Irvin a reach at No. 15, the Seahawks proved they were oblivious to their madness by celebrating their selection.
As if the day wasn’t bad enough, Seattle selecting Russell Wilson, a QB that doesn’t fit their offense at all, was by far the worst move of the draft. With the two worst moves of the draft, Seattle is the only team that received an F on draft day.
Grade: F

2012 NFL Draft Grades: Ranking Teams That Failed on Draft Day | Bleacher Report

That's why I always wait a few years before truly trying to grade a draft. There are going to be some heavily hyped players that don't pan out and some that surprise you.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I always wait a few years before truly trying to grade a draft. There are going to be some heavily hyped players that don't pan out and some that surprise you.

It is a roll of the dice often,if you can hit two guys out of say the first six you pick in a draft that are starters still by year two i'd say that's pretty good for the most part and anything more is icing on the cake.

The last few years of Seattle's draft's have been stellar but also the guys have something to prove and Coleman's story rings true with many on the Hawks imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its bleacher report, anyone can post there, that may have been a 49'ers fan

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a roll of the dice often,if you can hit two guys out of say the first six you pick in a draft that are starters still by year two i'd say that's pretty good for the most part and anything more is icing on the cake.

The last few years of Seattle's draft's have been stellar but also the guys have something to prove and Coleman's story rings true with many on the Hawks imo.

Oh, I agree.

You can do all the scouting in the world...you can interview the man's family starting with everyone he's ever met from birth and go from there...you can hire private eyes to dig up dirt...you can time him in everything under the sun at the combine, etc...

And he can STILL go bust.

Then there's that guy....that guy that everyone passed on. You'll mention Russell Wilson. I'll mention Joe Montana. You could also mention Tom Brady or 100 others....men that team after team thought would never amount to anything...

Most of those guys don't amount to much and were over looked for a reason. But once in a while you get that guy that's a late round draft pick that just blows your doors off and makes you say, "Damn! Look what we found".

There is no bigger craps shoot than the NFL draft. - Jim Rome.

Sometimes you don't know for a few years, which is why I think grading a draft that same year is silly. You just don't know who's going to pan out and who's going to go bust.

Last edited by a moderator: