• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As of now...

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it will make a difference depending on if they are seeded with one of my other picks, but beyond that I have no issue sticking with KU.
Fair enough.

I will say that I think Arizona winning out will put them ahead of Gonzaga, because IF we win out we will have two wins in a 3 week span that are better than any win Gonzaga has all season (@Utah and Utah on a neutral court in all likelihood) to go along with the beating we already put on Utah in Tucson as well as the win over Gonzaga, a much better overall SOS and slightly better RPI.

Also, say what you will about the depth of the Big East, none of Nova's wins all season compare to our Gonzaga win and our Utah win. If we were to add two more Utah wins (naturally this is all speculation because we could easily lose @Utah Saturday since this is the toughest road trip in the PAC) then I cannot see Gonzaga or Nova being on that 1 line over us. I hope very badly we are debating this come the end of the regular season and conference tournaments because at worst Arizona winning out means we have a 2 seed in the West with Gonzaga as our 1.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

I will say that I think Arizona winning out will put them ahead of Gonzaga, because IF we win out we will have two wins in a 3 week span that are better than any win Gonzaga has all season (@Utah and Utah on a neutral court in all likelihood) to go along with the beating we already put on Utah in Tucson as well as the win over Gonzaga, a much better overall SOS and slightly better RPI.

Also, say what you will about the depth of the Big East, none of Nova's wins all season compare to our Gonzaga win and our Utah win. If we were to add two more Utah wins (naturally this is all speculation because we could easily lose @Utah Saturday since this is the toughest road trip in the PAC) then I cannot see Gonzaga or Nova being on that 1 line over us. I hope very badly we are debating this come the end of the regular season and conference tournaments because at worst Arizona winning out means we have a 2 seed in the West with Gonzaga as our 1.

If Zona does go 3-0 against Utah this year, those wins will look no better than Butler, Georgetown, Providence or VCU who Nova is a combined 6-1 against. Utah would be 2-7 against the top 50, and have one win over a team solidly in the field(Wichita State)

Either way, I doubt the committee would ship Nova west, with Gonzaga and Zona deserving of 1/2 seeds.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing in this forum with "Final Four" in the thread title that has been active since last April.

So if there was a preseason thread it had a title just as cryptic as this one.

I'll take Kentucky, Duke, Kansas and Louisville. (of course I also wouldn't be surprised if they ended up in the same region as the top 4 seeds)

I also doubt there would have been a lot of MSU and Cuse picks in the preseason as neither was projected to be very good this season. I'd venture there would have been a lot more disappointed Florida picks than anything. They were top 10 in the preseason. Cuse and MSU weren't.

So I picked a team that lost a guy (at least temporarily) to eligibility issues, and another guy to injury.
Another team that lost a guy to season ending injury
Another team that lost a guy to sexual assault allegations
and another team that lost a guy to breaking curfew (and r*pe allegations)

I'll now be accepting donations to not change my pick to your favorite team.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tucky, Baylor, Notre Dame and Northern Iowa

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. My main point though was his other three picks. Haha

Ya those are some bold picks. But honestly picking a couple teams like that isn't a bad move.

To win some cash this year you either gotta take Kentucky to lose before the ship...preferably in elite 8 or sweet 16. Or take some bold final 4 teams to join them.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. My main point though was his other three picks. Haha
What's it hurt having the other three picks? Everyone always picks chalk and very rarely is the final 4 the top 4 seeds. Usually there is a surprise or two. I see two this year with northern Iowa and Baylor. I still think tucky wins it all though.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya those are some bold picks. But honestly picking a couple teams like that isn't a bad move.

To win some cash this year you either gotta take Kentucky to lose before the ship...preferably in elite 8 or sweet 16. Or take some bold final 4 teams to join them.

Your last statement to a T. You nailed it.