• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As a long time Sooner fan

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree on most of this. But I will say, this 2017 class is arguably the best recruiting class Stoops will have brought in to date if he can somehow keep them all together. Also the fastest they've got this many commitments this early in the process. Obviously doesn't mean jack shit when you can't coach or play against quality competition on the field though, which seems to have become the norm as of late.

Bingo. I remember a coach in Columbus who will remain nameless who brought in big time talent year after year, but could never coach them. those teams could hardly ever beat scUM, win big name regular season games, and had a terrible bowl game record. From '95 - 2000, OSU should've had at least 1 NC, if not 2 with the talent he had. but coaching was horrible. Buckeye fans suffered for 13 seasons. Average and mediocre summed up too many of those years.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for any Sooner fan. What is your gut about Okudah? I know he was on an ov for this game. I heard as always he loves Norman. Have you heard any details (interviews) during/after the game? He is scheduled for an ov for a Buckeyes game. I forget which one. Now, if Stoops is fired, I would think you lost any chance for the top safety in the country.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not to kick you when you're down, but WHAT players do you see from this team playing in the NFL?

I don't see any high round picks outside of maybe Mayfield on this roster.

I'm openly questioning what talent you think is littered on this roster. It's a decent team.....but there is no greatness here. I think your expectations are much too high for what you have on that roster.

See thats the problem! OU hasnt had players play like NFL talent yet make teams in the NFL!! If you go look at ESPN "players", you will see plenty of OU players in the league and too be honest, very few were even NFL caliber while in college. You as a Texas fan remember the rhetoric that Texas couldn't coach up talent and Stoops could... Well now we're Texas.... Kill me

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for any Sooner fan. What is your gut about Okudah? I know he was on an ov for this game. I heard as always he loves Norman. Have you heard any details (interviews) during/after the game? He is scheduled for an ov for a Buckeyes game. I forget which one. Now, if Stoops is fired, I would think you lost any chance for the top safety in the country.
He's been on campus several times. He always said he feels extremely comfortable and "at home" there. But he's always maintained that OSU was his favorite even to the OU recruiting services guys. This was looked at as really the last big chance for OU to wow him with this game and of course we layed an egg. He said he had a great time but feels like he's even more yalls after this. And Stoops won't be fired unless he steps down or just has an abdominal year. Like losing 4 or 5 more games which will be hard to do in this league.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been on campus several times. He always said he feels extremely comfortable and "at home" there. But he's always maintained that OSU was his favorite even to the OU recruiting services guys. This was looked at as really the last big chance for OU to wow him with this game and of course we layed an egg. He said he had a great time but feels like he's even more yalls after this. And Stoops won't be fired unless he steps down or just has an abdominal year. Like losing 4 or 5 more games which will be hard to do in this league.
The thing is that he has only been up for an UV and not the OV, which will be at one of our biggest games.. Not sure if it's Nebraska or scUM? Do you honestly feel that this game had any impact on his decision? I always thought he was going to go to TOSU, but from reading about his experience at OU, I started to feel that he may have a change in heart. It would be closer to home for him. I hope you guys rebound and kick the ass of your conference games. Like I said, I think you run the table from here. Great teams can rebound after a loss. You have a QB that was a top 4 finalist from the Heisman last season. Let's see if he is up for the challenge? I think he is.:suds:

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is that he has only been up for an UV and not the OV, which will be at one of our biggest games.. Not sure if it's Nebraska or scUM? Do you honestly feel that this game had any impact on his decision? I always thought he was going to go to TOSU, but from reading about his experience at OU, I started to feel that he may have a change in heart. It would be closer to home for him. I hope you guys rebound and kick the ass of your conference games. Like I said, I think you run the table from here. Great teams can rebound after a loss. You have a QB that was a top 4 finalist from the Heisman last season. Let's see if he is up for the challenge? I think he is.:suds:
Via OU site Braniacs:
Screenshot_2016-09-19-11-35-24.png

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okudah is gone.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful what you wish for. Grass isn't always greener.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't think it had any impact on the game. But obviously it was a really stupid thing for Austin to say.
i know it didn't have any impact, but it's just weird why a backup would even go there in the first place? He makes himself look dumb and now Stoops is making it an issue after the fact?

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of shit I'm talking about with some of the coaching:

Mike Stoops--
"they used formations that caused us to do things we're not used to"
"they made Will Johnson play as an outside linebacker. That's what you do to a nickel defense"
"they did stuff to get us out or what we do"
"they made our corners play the run game, to play physical"
"their formations were used to create running lanes for them, and limit what we can do"
"now, we're getting into conference play...where..we kinda know what to expect, know what people are going to do"

Clearly stating the obvious, but he's just admitting how badly we got outcoached and his total failure of making in-game adjustments. He might as well be saying: "We can only play good defense when an offense plays exactly the way we want to defend them."
:L

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mike Stoops--
"they made Will Johnson play as an outside linebacker. That's what you do to a nickel defense"
"their formations were used to create running lanes for them, and limit what we can do"
"now, we're getting into conference play...where..we kinda know what to expect, know what people are going to do"

Clearly stating the obvious, but he's just admitting how badly we got outcoached and his total failure of making in-game adjustments. He might as well be saying: "We can only play good defense when an offense plays exactly the way we want to defend them."

Mike might as well have said, "I had no fucking idea what I was doing."

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mike Stoops--

And it's just as bad on the other side of the ball. Since last year's Oklahoma State game, OU has only averaged 8.8 points in the 2nd half of games. And if you take out the 17 points scored against hapless ULM this season, the Sooners are only averaging 6.75 points in the 2nd half of games. Less than a touchdown and an extra point! Nothing is working with this coaching staff.

Last edited: