• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As a long time Sooner fan

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Really not too confident about that but we shall see. Texas might literally run the ball for 500 yards on us if they decide to stick with it.
I was just reading a meltdown thread created by El Texan himself. I don't see the Sooners having a problem with Baylor or TCU. The Red River rivalry game will be the toughest match imo. You win that, things look good for you and all will be forgotten. Losing early is always better. Regroup and take care of conference play.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike warren is going to make us his bitch. Would be nice if Jordan Evans decided he wanted show up any day now.
He got some snaps, but I'm still not sure why Caleb Kelly isnt getting more reps. I know it was against Louisiana Monroe, but that kid leaped off the screen when you watch that game.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got some snaps, but I'm still not sure why Caleb Kelly isnt getting more reps. I know it was against Louisiana Monroe, but that kid leaped off the screen when you watch that game.

Him and DeBerry both. But no, were gonna play a fucking juco transfer and a converted corner. :L

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him and DeBerry both. But no, were gonna play a fucking juco transfer and a converted corner. :L
Let's see..we got a 2 star juco kid and a converted corner over 2 5 star linebackers. "Seems legit..."

True. True. I kinda had Deberry pegged as a runstuffer kind of guy, but he has a lot more speed than I thought as well.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't set your expectations to "NC or bust" and just enjoy the football season.

For me, anything less than 10 wins is a disappointment but my life goes on and I still love my Buckeyes. I think people tend to get too negative when things aren't going the way they wanted to. Sometimes you just have to shrug it off and keep going.

Everyone goes through rough spots ... even football programs. But there are always positives to be found even in those days. Find them and enjoy. Because at the end of the day, it's just football. You win some ... you lose some ... life goes on.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For me, anything less than 10 wins is a disappointment but my life goes on and I still love my Buckeyes. I think people tend to get too negative when things aren't going the way they wanted to. Sometimes you just have to shrug it off and keep going.

Everyone goes through rough spots ... even football programs. But there are always positives to be found even in those days. Find them and enjoy. Because at the end of the day, it's just football. You win some ... you lose some ... life goes on.

I can handle a loss to a team like Ohio state in a hard fought close game. What I can't handle is watching Stoops having our team shit down their leg and get fucking curb stomped on the national stage AGAIN IN OUR OWN FUCKING HOUSE. It's not that we lose. It's how we lose. It's unacceptable.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And unless OU can grab Herman, Petrino, or Dantonio ... Stoops is the best option atm.

So you have to roll with it until something changes. Don't just abandon something that in general gives you excitement and joy. Things will get brighter eventually.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And unless OU can grab Herman, Petrino, or Dantonio ... Stoops is the best option atm.

So you have to roll with it until something changes. Don't just abandon something that in general gives you excitement and joy. Things will get brighter eventually.

Things will get more mediocre under stoops. Get Herman while we can. He won't be around long.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I lived through almost 20 years of that shit. 10 of those years (1999-2008), under Tammy Bowden, were the worst of the years. These are also the years I was an IPTAY member, donating my hard earned cash. All I'd hear about is how good we had recruited and all the talent we had and the soft schedule we played, blah, blah, blah. Every year was the year Clemson was going to reach that elite level and play with the big boys and every year we would shit the bed against some shitty ACC team (Clemsoning) and were sent back to the kiddie table. But we would usually finish on a positive note; beating SCar, winning a decent bowl game, and having an 8 or 9 win season. And because of that they would hang on to Bowden, year after year. It was soul crushing.

Ol Dabo is the best thing to happen since the Danny Ford era. I love some Dabo. (No homo)

th

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah now, but it hasn't always been that way.
Exactly, Bama had that stretch of 3 coaches in 3 years. Plus what was it, like a 6/7 year period where you guys were just not good. Similar to the late 90's with LSU. But once you dominate the sport for a decade it is easy to say screw it, as LSU fans said since then. Also the same fans who weren't around in the 90's to be exiting the damn stadium freaking 2 quarters before the game ends.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I lived through almost 20 years of that shit. 10 of those years (1999-2008), under Tammy Bowden, were the worst of the years. These are also the years I was an IPTAY member, donating my hard earned cash. All I'd hear about is how good we had recruited and all the talent we had and the soft schedule we played, blah, blah, blah. Every year was the year Clemson was going to reach that elite level and play with the big boys and every year we would shit the bed against some shitty ACC team (Clemsoning) and were sent back to the kiddie table. But we would usually finish on a positive note; beating SCar, winning a decent bowl game, and having an 8 or 9 win season. And because of that they would hang on to Bowden, year after year. It was soul crushing.

Ol Dabo is the best thing to happen since the Danny Ford era. I love some Dabo. (No homo)

th

That picture is freaky as fuck.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma's problem is not a sudden drop off in results. It's much more serious than that. Oklahoma has been in a long, inexorable glide downward that has now affected our recruiting and the mentality of the entire program. The players change, the offense changes, the defense changes, the assistant coaches change, the conference changes, the playoff system changes, the facilities change, the recruiting emphasis changes and are things better now? No. The head coach sets the tone at any program. I'll take "Who is Tom Herman?" for $500, Alex.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma's problem is not a sudden drop off in results. It's much more serious than that. Oklahoma has been in a long, inexorable glide downward that has now affected our recruiting and the mentality of the entire program. The players change, the offense changes, the defense changes, the assistant coaches change, the conference changes, the playoff system changes, the facilities change, the recruiting emphasis changes and are things better now? No. The head coach sets the tone at any program. I'll take "Who is Tom Herman?" for $500, Alex.
I'd agree on most of this. But I will say, this 2017 class is arguably the best recruiting class Stoops will have brought in to date if he can somehow keep them all together. Also the fastest they've got this many commitments this early in the process. Obviously doesn't mean jack shit when you can't coach or play against quality competition on the field though, which seems to have become the norm as of late.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree on most of this. But I will say, this 2017 class is arguably the best recruiting class Stoops will have brought in to date if he can somehow keep them all together. Also the fastest they've got this many commitments this early in the process. Obviously doesn't mean jack shit when you can't coach or play against quality competition on the field though, which seems to have become the norm as of late.

I wouldn't count those recruiting chickens just yet. February is a long way off. Kids will be kids. There are 2-3 of your commits that are soft.......and if you lose to Texas, there's a good chance they flip.

He has a great class NOW......just like aggy. Where they end up is another story. Aggy is looking like a 20-30ish ranked class in the end. I'm sure OU will do better than that, but keeping this class together only happens with wins.

For what it's worth, I think OU has a good chance to win out. I don't see TCU or OSU as real threats. Texas IF their defense shows up (and under Strong they have against OU) is likely your only realistic loss.

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone goes through rough spots
... even football programs. But there are always positives to be found even in those days. Find them and enjoy. Because at the end of the day, it's just football. You win some ... you lose some ... life goes on.

:think:

See:Michigan under RickRod & Brady Choke...

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't count those recruiting chickens just yet. February is a long way off. Kids will be kids. There are 2-3 of your commits that are soft.......and if you lose to Texas, there's a good chance they flip.

He has a great class NOW......just like aggy. Where they end up is another story. Aggy is looking like a 20-30ish ranked class in the end. I'm sure OU will do better than that, but keeping this class together only happens with wins.

For what it's worth, I think OU has a good chance to win out. I don't see TCU or OSU as real threats. Texas IF their defense shows up (and under Strong they have against OU) is likely your only realistic loss.
Exactly why I said IF he can keep the class together.

Locke888

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm enjoying it as much as possible while it lasts because I know it won't last forever.

Saban is probably the best college football coach of all time. I can't wait till he is gone.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this how older fans stop giving a shit? Is it the the team not meeting expectations while getting your hopes up? This was suppose to be arguably the best team in the nation pre-season. I'm not sure I can take watching this dumpster fire thats's full of 4*s top to bottom that will play in the NFL, any more this season. The odds are they will somehow get lit up against Texas, TCU, Baylor and Oklahoma State. Ohio State is a great team but it was like OU was the Iowa State of the matchup, wasnt close at all.

When your team is projected so high pre-season I like to be realistic especially if you lose key pieces. The Ohio St team from last year helped me be more realistic, then when you have a teams that overachieves like 14-15 Ohio St team or this year SO FAR it makes things that much sweeter. I will never not give a shit towards my team but sometimes you have to take a step back and take everything into consideration. Bob Stoops is a great, not saying you get rid of him bc of this season but some changes need to be made. Oklahoma is a traditional power and will always be so they will always be right there at the top.