• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arrowverse: Arrow, Batwoman, Black Lightning, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Superman & Lois

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, am I the only one who is getting more and more weirded out by the Barry/Iris thing?

While they aren't blood siblings, they basically grew up as bro and sis. They both consider Joe "dad".

Just a bit odd for my tastes.

I mean they adopted Barry at what, 7, 8, 10? Something like that. And Barry has been in love with Iris since like, forever, before Barry considered Joe "dad" so I guess that does help me deal with it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean they adopted Barry at what, 7, 8, 10? Something like that. And Barry has been in love with Iris since like, forever, before Barry considered Joe "dad" so I guess that does help me deal with it.
Would it be accepted if they were both white? Since they are a mixed couple, is it easier to pull off the "they aren't really siblings" angle?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it be accepted if they were both white? Since they are a mixed couple, is it easier to pull off the "they aren't really siblings" angle?

I mean it's a fair question.

And i'm not gonna SJW on this. Because it might be a factor.

but I think the fact that he was in love with her for a really long time, possibly even before they were "siblings" (I'd have to go rewatch the scene in S1 when Joe tells him he knew Barry was in love with Iris for a long time) helps out with it.

Or at least they weren't even considered "siblings" when Barry first felt that way.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to figure out what it says about everyone else that Supergirl might be the top show on CW right now.

Although Arrow is really really good right now.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i'm going to add that Barry's Dad knew joe ahead of time so it's very likely Barry knew Iris ahead of being taken in by them.

So try to factor that in as well.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean it's a fair question.

And i'm not gonna SJW on this. Because it might be a factor.

but I think the fact that he was in love with her for a really long time, possibly even before they were "siblings" (I'd have to go rewatch the scene in S1 when Joe tells him he knew Barry was in love with Iris for a long time) helps out with it.

Or at least they weren't even considered "siblings" when Barry first felt that way.
I was not trying to make a sjw argument. I was truly posing a question.

As far as them not actually being considered sibs, or if he loved her before he was adopted, I don't think it matters. They grew up in the same house. They went to the same family reunions and family vacations together. They spent all their time together. It isn't like a couple kids who went to school together and then fell in love. They were still separate from each other. Growing up in the same house at that age builds a different bond.

I am OK if others aren't grossed out by this. It is certainly not cut-and-dry. It is just too familiar for my tastes.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, killing your past self never seemed to affect the person who went back in time. I would think that Barry would maintain his memories and strength but when he returns to the future everything around him will be completely different.

When Barry went back in time and and changed the future before; he still remembered everything from the erased timeline.

Yeah, but I don't think they will run with it for too long. They will go full circle and he will go back in time again and we'll see the scene we saw originally where Barry stops himself from saving his Mother. This is just something for people to wrack their brains over during the offseason.

It is kind of weird how they completely nullified Barry's whole journey into the speed force, he had accepted his Mother's death and realized that she would have sacrificed herself in order for Barry to become the Flash and save the people of e1 as well as the entire multiverse. In the season finale Barry's like fuck all that shit I'm back to being whiny and bitter about it.

Oh yeah, now I remember how last season ended.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda funny how last season, Flash was the CLEAR class of the franchise. This year, Arrow is the clear class, and Flash is struggling.

Of course, Legends is still pure trash and SG is what it is.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda funny how last season, Flash was the CLEAR class of the franchise. This year, Arrow is the clear class, and Flash is struggling.

Oh God, is Arrow really worth catching up on?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I don't think they will run with it for too long. They will go full circle and he will go back in time again and we'll see the scene we saw originally where Barry stops himself from saving his Mother. This is just something for people to wrack their brains over during the offseason.

It is kind of weird how they completely nullified Barry's whole journey into the speed force, he had accepted his Mother's death and realized that she would have sacrificed herself in order for Barry to become the Flash and save the people of e1 as well as the entire multiverse. In the season finale Barry's like fuck all that shit I'm back to being whiny and bitter about it.

I agree this was weird.

And to add on to your point....we still haven't seen the Barry who actually went back in time and waved himself off the first time...did we?

And yes it completely wasted the entire episode they took with Barry stuck in the speed force. So really made a lot of season 2 pointless except to set up some of these changes for S3 (Cisco having more advanced powers, Kaityln getting her powers, etc).

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not trying to make a sjw argument. I was truly posing a question.

As far as them not actually being considered sibs, or if he loved her before he was adopted, I don't think it matters. They grew up in the same house. They went to the same family reunions and family vacations together. They spent all their time together. It isn't like a couple kids who went to school together and then fell in love. They were still separate from each other. Growing up in the same house at that age builds a different bond.

I am OK if others aren't grossed out by this. It is certainly not cut-and-dry. It is just too familiar for my tastes.

I agree, but it is a tougher situation since in what should have been the original earth 1, Barry and Iris were married at some point... that is what the newspaper showed(and the most iconic relationship in the flash comics)... so we always knew that this was going to happen... they at least admit the awkwardness in the show, and are trying to deal with it... so I kind of give them a pass... Maybe they should not have let Patty spivot go so quickly and kept her as the love interest for this earth 1...

Just a weird situation, but I don't really see a way around it... There needs to be a barry allen as well as a flash, and it is hard to believe that barry will not have a love interest...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree this was weird.

And to add on to your point....we still haven't seen the Barry who actually went back in time and waved himself off the first time...did we?

And yes it completely wasted the entire episode they took with Barry stuck in the speed force. So really made a lot of season 2 pointless except to set up some of these changes for S3 (Cisco having more advanced powers, Kaityln getting her powers, etc).

No, we haven't. It played out completely differently than it did originally. He may go back again, especially if Cisco finds out that one of the differences from flashpoint is his brother dying. Of course, they could just forget all about it and write it off as an erased timeline.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we haven't. It played out completely differently than it did originally. He may go back again, especially if Cisco finds out that one of the differences from flashpoint is his brother dying. Of course, they could just forget all about it and write it off as an erased timeline.

Can they really go back and do another reset?

Plus think of how early on that was. WE already know it happened, so it wouldn't really change anything now would it?

He got stopped...then like a year later he went and did it anyway.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SG is at worst #2 right now. And closer to 1 than 3.

I actually have enjoyed legends, but more in the its fun way than it fitting into the Arrowverse way.

Maybe because my expectations for it have always been super low.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Diamondeye

I know you were getting into Arrow last year. Please slog through the middle seasons, getting S5 seems really worth it so far.

It's about the closest we've seen to season.

This darker Arrow is so much more interesting. Which is odd to say considering my favorites are the Icons who don't kill (the Trinity).