• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prepping the Stillers for that Stairway to 7 lol. Still pretty worried about those 3 AFCN bouts leading into the postseason. Could be very brutal. Seems like 2-3 years in a row the Steelers have suffered huge injuries during those weeks that deflate the offense.

I think your Steelers win the AFCn this year. Maybe a CCG appearance against Tommy Boy & his band of merry Patriots. Hopefully the injury bug doesn't get anyone though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your Steelers win the AFCn this year. Maybe a CCG appearance against Tommy Boy & his band of merry Patriots. Hopefully the injury bug doesn't get anyone though.
Always the decisive factor. Whoever can stay healthy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because I'm bored, and read this tweet... It inspired me to look ahead at the remaining schedule.

Week 6... @MIA
Should be an easy win regardless of the injuries that have been piling up. Coaching has been top notch lately so I expect no drop off. Doesn't look like Shazier will be back as his knee injury was reported as a sprain. Likely out another couple weeks. Golden, Rogers & Nix will probably give it a go. Happy to see Golden back. The others are just cherries on top. As we've said many times, Miami is at the bottom of the league and banged up all over. Steelers need to put them out of their misery... W

Week 7... vNE
Huge AFC showdown. I expect this to be a complete arms race through 4 quarters. Whoever's defense can be the most opportunistic will likely be the x-factor of this game. 1 or 2 turnovers, or holding to FG's would be monumental to the outcome. Expect both outfits to bring their A-game to this one. Honestly wouldn't mind a loss here heading into the bye week. A win would seal this team's place atop the AFC though. They expect to get a lot of players back from injury after the bye... L

Week 8... Bye
The long awaited appearance of Ladarius Green. Shazier & Heyward should be back to full health. We might even see the IR-recall placed on Golson who could be eligible for return. Just depends on how far along Dupree is. Dupree would be the obvious choice but recent reports say he's not even close to returning.

Week 9... @BAL
I expect fireworks here. Steelers will not want to drop 2 AFC games in a row should they lose to NE. 2 weeks of prep before heading into Baltimore. As I said above, hopefully the team is a lot closer to full health at this point. Ravens could be finding a groove at this point. New OC that should have learned from Trestman's mistakes so expect a better, more balanced attack. Mike Wallace (not to mention Steve Smith - remember his hate for Mike Mitchell?) is going to be looking forward to this game. Hard place to play in this brutal rivalry, but I'm expecting a win... W

Week 10... vDAL
The return of Romo? We'll have to wait and see. Not sure Dallas' running attack can hang with PIT's offense if it is still firing on all cylinders. If Steelers run the score up early then I see them winning this game. Dallas can control the TOP easily with that O-line. Hopefully both Heyward & Tuitt are healthy at this point. We will need those 2 badly in this game. Dallas has a formidable defense, but they haven't been stellar on the road. Should be an interesting matchup, glad its at Heinz... W

Week 11... @CLE
Wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns give us a scare in the 1st half of this game. Hue Jackson is still implementing his build. They have taken quite a few steps back from injuries and all, but make no mistake, Jackson is a solid coach. He'll be looking to make some sort of statement at this point in the season. We know Cleveland's ownership gets very restless this time of year. If Hue is anywhere near the hotseat then he'll pull out all the stops... W

Week 12... @IND
Not sure what to make of this game yet. Colts are pretty bipolar right now so it depends on if their offense can find its identity. More or less I'm thinking if that offense starts playing well they will be able to keep it close but ultimately they don't have the defense to keep the Steelers off the field. Fingers crossed the Steelers offense continues to hum. Any struggles and we might come out on the wrong side of this outcome. But at this point I'm not very worried about the Colts. They look pretty soft. Not saying this game will be the loss, but I think they will be due an upset L in week 12 or 13. Hope I'm wrong... L

Week 13... vNYG
Exact same sentiments as the Colts. Who knows what type of team they will be at this point. Eli is typically pretty miserable in November & December posting a 5-12 record during those months the previous 2 seasons. Giants defense is playing pretty well though. Hoping the Steelers O-line can continue to handle its business, which will likely keep this offense unstoppable... W

Week 14... @BUF
Rex typically folds down the stretch. Doubt the good football we are seeing from them right now will last. At this point I'm sure the Buffalo fanbase will be screaming for some heads to roll... W

Week 15... @CIN
Tough sell for a win here with Bengals likely fighting for 1 of the final WC slots. They are going to throw the kitchen sink at PIT. Hoping for a great game, but not sure they will be able to sweep the Bungals. Fingers crossed Burfict doesn't take anyone out for the postseason run... L

Week 16... vBAL
Back to back matchups with the AFCN. Baltimore will be just like Cincy, holding on for dear life for a WC spot. Steelers will be licking their paws after Cincy, so I think they will rebound to make a statement heading into the postseason. Sweep seems likely... W

Week 17... vCLE
Back to back to back matchups with the AFCN. Jesus, will they have anything left for the postseason? lol. I think this game will be a good confidence booster at the very least. If Bell is still healthy, I'm hoping they give D-Will or Toussaint the reins in this game. Just get through this game healthy and I'll be happy regardless of the outcome... W

11-5 heading into the playoffs, possibly 12-4 if Tomlin & Co can keep this team playing the way it is. That should be plenty good enough for the #2 or 3 seed. Anything better is obviously welcome. Would be nice to see a divisional berth for a bye week during the WC round. Feels like its been a while since that has happened.
Might want to drop this team down a few pegs... This team struggles too much on the road for anyone to feel confident about their postseason chances. 10-6 at best, or 9-7 needing help to get into the WC round.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad day for the AFCN. 1 palm for each team.

4dd8082075b724e59c5a831b878a49d25025e1d631dce18b11231a325b2e9251.gif

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not looking like a banner year in the AFC-N. The Bengals have pretty much sucked the entire season. The only good thing you can say is that we've played most of our hardest games (New England, Denver, Dallas, and Pittsburgh in Heinz). If they can somehow turn it around against the mediocre and bad teams, they could make a reasonable push for 9 to 10 wins.

Baltimore won a few close ones to begin the year and is now losing the close ones..... And the schedule isn't favorable in the back half with 3 of the last four on the road (New England, Cincy, and Pitt).

I would say that Pittsburgh is still clearly in the driver's seat, but if Ben misses more than 2 games, things could get interesting.... Assuming either Cincy or Baltimore find whatever's been missing lately.

10 wins probably takes the division.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believe that 6-8 games into the season you are what you are in the NFL. That doesn't mean you can't improve, but thru 6 weeks this is what I see. Aside from QB I won't comment on Injuries because every team has them.

PIT...predicted 6-0...actual 4-2, they can score and generally can prevent other teams from scoring TD in the RZ when playing at home...on the the road, they have not shown to be the same team on DEF. If Ben comes back by week 10 they should win 10 games at least and take the DIV...maybe they win a home playoff game, but they do not have the DEF to beat a good team on the road imo.

BAL...predicted 4-2, actual 3-3, Ravens have played a fairly weak schedule to this point. They still appear to be a gritty tough team that will be in most of their games. Right now I think they are a tougher team than PIT, but maybe not as talented, especially on OFC. They are a DIV contender right now.

CIN...predicted 2-4, actual 2-4, with their schedule, I'm not surprised by their start, in fact the only one I got right. OFC seems to be a notch or two below LY, and their DEF while still boasting a tough DL/front 7, I'm sure has not played up to expectations either. The road to the finish lightens up a little but still several tough games ahead of them. On the edge but still in the DIV race. IMO 7-3 would be a strong finish.

CLE...predicted 1-5, actual 0-6. The Browns are playing hard for Jackson and definitely don't quit. The young QB is doing enough to keep them in games, but imo they don't have enough talent to close the door on a team and win. I have them losing the next 4 so they have a pretty good handle on the 1st overall pick. Clearly they are trying to develop players and win games...tough task in the NFL. It might make sense to go ahead and move Joe Thomas if they can get even a 2nd rd pick for him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with Flacco? I've heard nothing about this on Baltimore radio this week.
I see he has a right shoulder issue but Harbaugh thinks he may play. Funny thing is he didn't tell the team til Monday. Sports on the Balt radio's morning show I listen to should be very fun tomorrow morning. Can't wait to hear them go into full panic.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez.... It's looking like a down year for the AFC-N. I should be optimistic...... Dalton is healthy, we've played the toughest part of our schedule, and the Steelers most important player might miss 4 or 5 games. But this Bengal team is missing something - And if they don't find it by the end of this month, I'm not sure they'll find it at all this year. The next two games are key - If they beat Cleveland and Washington, they can make a run at it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez.... It's looking like a down year for the AFC-N. I should be optimistic...... Dalton is healthy, we've played the toughest part of our schedule, and the Steelers most important player might miss 4 or 5 games. But this Bengal team is missing something - And if they don't find it by the end of this month, I'm not sure they'll find it at all this year. The next two games are key - If they beat Cleveland and Washington, they can make a run at it.

It's wide open brother!

CIN does need to go on a run, but the DIV leader IDT is going to post much better than 9-7 this year, topside 10-6.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's wide open brother!

CIN does need to go on a run, but the DIV leader IDT is going to post much better than 9-7 this year, topside 10-6.

I agree.... We might not get a wildcard out of the North this year if the Bills stay hot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.... We might not get a wildcard out of the North this year if the Bills stay hot.

Yep...BUF, OAK, KC, are the leaders right now, but nobody is in the clubhouse yet. Steelers at least have the h-t-h on KC.

PIT...For all the SportsHoopla (pardon the pun) about Ben being out...I think they can win a couple of games with Landry, if the DEF self corrects...but that's what I'm more concerned about...just when the 2ndary looks like they are turning the corner to respectability, DL/LB play goes south in MIA...if they can get Heyward and Shazier back, and assuming Ben does come back around week 10 or so, I think they can win 5 more games at least.

BAL...have their own set of injury issues. I just don't think they will find much more OFC...last 4 could be brutal...maybe they can get 6 more wins, but it's a tall task.

CIN...margin for error it thinner, need 7 out of the last 10, but the schedule is lighter...yet to go north of 23 pts....imo really need to get Eifert back for that OFC to start clicking more consistently.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...BUF, OAK, KC, are the leaders right now, but nobody is in the clubhouse yet. Steelers at least have the h-t-h on KC.

PIT...For all the SportsHoopla (pardon the pun) about Ben being out...I think they can win a couple of games with Landry, if the DEF self corrects...but that's what I'm more concerned about...just when the 2ndary looks like they are turning the corner to respectability, DL/LB play goes south in MIA...if they can get Heyward and Shazier back, and assuming Ben does come back around week 10 or so, I think they can win 5 more games at least.

BAL...have their own set of injury issues. I just don't think they will find much more OFC...last 4 could be brutal...maybe they can get 6 more wins, but it's a tall task.

CIN...margin for error it thinner, need 7 out of the last 10, but the schedule is lighter...yet to go north of 23 pts....imo really need to get Eifert back for that OFC to start clicking more consistently.

Apparently Eifert is returning this week. We'll see how long it lasts.

Unfortunately he doesn't play right tackle or corner.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Eifert is returning this week. We'll see how long it lasts.

Unfortunately he doesn't play right tackle or corner.

Yeah I saw that on Eifert so Dalton is getting his security blanket back...should help the OFC. RT? tell me about it, PIT has a 3rd string G playing RT.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We better beat the damn Jets this weekend. This isn't a game to play down.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I saw that on Eifert so Dalton is getting his security blanket back...should help the OFC. RT? tell me about it, PIT has a 3rd string G playing RT.

We have a capable, very average veteran (Eric Winston), that could jump in and be 100% better than the kid we're trying to play currently. He gave up another two sacks yesterday. Just brutal. I'm glad we have a good back-up QB..... Not sure Dalton is going to make it through the season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a capable, very average veteran (Eric Winston), that could jump in and be 100% better than the kid we're trying to play currently. He gave up another two sacks yesterday. Just brutal. I'm glad we have a good back-up QB..... Not sure Dalton is going to make it through the season.

I saw a bit of the OH game yesterday...it was close for a while but the hail mary pretty much squashed CLE...I feel ya on the RT...74 played okay overall yesterday, but had an obvious hold taking a TD off the board...and it was never replaced.

Steelers will retain the DIV lead during the bye, thanks to BAL losing also ( I think they have a bye this week too) but CIN is back in the mix for the DIV...WAS will be tough, coming off a loss, bit win this week and I can see this being a mad dash to the end for the north....BAL has a real tough finish though....we shall see.