• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels embarrassing to say, but the AFCN has been somewhat of a doormat in the playoffs lately. "Wipe your feet before entering" sotospeak. Gave some teams a chance to clean up their game and boost their self-esteem before/after the divisional round lol.

What's interesting is looking at the AFC at large...of course you have NE. Maybe MIA, NYJ and BUF will be a little more than just a speed bump along the way to the AFCE, but they have a few things they need to tighten up...LT, and they still need some edge help. Look for them to be a 1 or 2 seed.

KC, LAC, I see both teams coming back to the pack a little. KC needs to replicate an all world season by Mahomes...very talented player but that will not be an easy task. On DEF it's nearly all new, scheme and players....we shall see. Chargers...DEF has to take another step. Every good OFC scored close to 30 on them LY...This yr facing HOU, PIT, GB, CHI, MIN, in addition to KC x 2...I don't expect 12 wins.

HOU, IND...both expect to be playoff caliber teams, but both also need to patch up some things to get to the next level this season. IND won 10 games LY...beating teams like WAS, BUF, OAK...you get the picture. This yr they play at least 5 teams out of DIV that project to be playoff teams this yr.

HOU...more of the same...I think they beat 3 teams with winning records LY, two were DIV opponents.

We'll see how the year shapes up, but right now, there are probably 4-5 teams with a legit shot to represent the AFC in the SB...PIT is one of them imo.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's interesting is looking at the AFC at large...of course you have NE. Maybe MIA, NYJ and BUF will be a little more than just a speed bump along the way to the AFCE, but they have a few things they need to tighten up...LT, and they still need some edge help. Look for them to be a 1 or 2 seed.

KC, LAC, I see both teams coming back to the pack a little. KC needs to replicate an all world season by Mahomes...very talented player but that will not be an easy task. On DEF it's nearly all new, scheme and players....we shall see. Chargers...DEF has to take another step. Every good OFC scored close to 30 on them LY...This yr facing HOU, PIT, GB, CHI, MIN, in addition to KC x 2...I don't expect 12 wins.

HOU, IND...both expect to be playoff caliber teams, but both also need to patch up some things to get to the next level this season. IND won 10 games LY...beating teams like WAS, BUF, OAK...you get the picture. This yr they play at least 5 teams out of DIV that project to be playoff teams this yr.

HOU...more of the same...I think they beat 3 teams with winning records LY, two were DIV opponents.

We'll see how the year shapes up, but right now, there are probably 4-5 teams with a legit shot to represent the AFC in the SB...PIT is one of them imo.
LAC... Probably the most dangerous team in the AFC if I had to pick one. They will finally have a healthy defense (knock on wood). On paper they are the most rounded team in the conference.

KC... I see some regression as well. But with Mahomes they will be able to compete with anyone. Don't see them seceding a spot in the postseason barring a very disappointing season worthy of coaching changes.

HOU... I'm not a believer. They have plenty of talent but they seem to be plagued by bad coaching, or inconsistencies from the players. Don't watch them enough to know for sure, but they tend to disappoint. I honestly see JAX as a better contender than I do HOU. JAX should have a championship caliber defense, and now with their O-line back to full health I think Fournette takes off again. The run game will take the pressure off of Nick Foles, where he performs best.

AFCN... Debates will rage on between PIT & CLE faithful about who the team to beat is... So it's just a waiting game to get things started and see just how each team looks this season. Should boil down to the coaching in this division. I'm not counting anyone out just yet, even Cincy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAC... Probably the most dangerous team in the AFC if I had to pick one. They will finally have a healthy defense (knock on wood). On paper they are the most rounded team in the conference.

KC... I see some regression as well. But with Mahomes they will be able to compete with anyone. Don't see them seceding a spot in the postseason barring a very disappointing season worthy of coaching changes.

HOU... I'm not a believer. They have plenty of talent but they seem to be plagued by bad coaching, or inconsistencies from the players. Don't watch them enough to know for sure, but they tend to disappoint. I honestly see JAX as a better contender than I do HOU. JAX should have a championship caliber defense, and now with their O-line back to full health I think Fournette takes off again. The run game will take the pressure off of Nick Foles, where he performs best.

AFCN... Debates will rage on between PIT & CLE faithful about who the team to beat is... So it's just a waiting game to get things started and see just how each team looks this season. Should boil down to the coaching in this division. I'm not counting anyone out just yet, even Cincy.

LAC...yeah, they could very well be the most well rounded in the conference, but I can't help but think they won't fare as well as against that schedule....if KC doesn't win the west the Chargers will.

HOU...they mostly laid and egg in the playoff game.

JAX...I'm not sure what to think...Foles is clearly better than Bortles, but Idt the DEF was quite as good as they were in '17 and last yr they were top 5, but gave up enough to lose 11 games. I keep waiting for Calais Campbell to fall off a cliff, but at 31 he bagged 10.5 QBs. Can he go 3 yrs in a row with dbl digit sacks? They could make a huge turn around.

AFCN...I THINK PIT has the goods to do it. CLE has the goods to do it. BAL and CIN I'm not sure if they have the goods to do it or not, but I wouldn't count out either team yet....CIN seems to have more hurdles to clear for a winning season, but I really think that DEF laid down LY....too many good players for that DEF to be as bad as it was LY. BAL will put a competitive team in the field...that much we know. How it looks, doesn't really matter much.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield: Giants' pick of Jones 'blows my mind'

These guys certainly aren't lacking in confidence or humility. Fortunately for them, they are also talented. It's going to be an interesting season in Cleveland.
If things begin to snowball, it’s going to get ugly quick. Lots of pompous egos in 1 room. You know 1 comment will quickly ignite that locker room. I can see Baker thinking he’s an established leader and overstaking himself by making some backhanded comments to his teammates.

Pretty stupid to make a comment like this unprovoked.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If things begin to snowball, it’s going to get ugly quick. Lots of pompous egos in 1 room. You know 1 comment will quickly ignite that locker room. I can see Baker thinking he’s an established leader and overstaking himself by making some backhanded comments to his teammates.

Pretty stupid to make a comment like this unprovoked.

Vets have already started to push back on some stuff...even though he was trying to be a positive leader his comments regarding Duke Johnson, they didn't go over well.

At least that was his team...I can see him having a comment...this comment here clearly lacks maturity. Somebody will have to reel this kid in.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how long Dalton will be around this season.
Going to be a rough one for sure. Or they'll surprise the hell outta everyone. Will not count them out until I've seen them play.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Predictable, but still happened faster than I anticipated

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens Trade Former Starting LG Alex Lewis To Jets After Report He Would Be Released - Steelers Depot

Surprising move... Having an "open competition" at the position and then trading the favorite to start. That must mean they have someone rising to the occasion.

As for the Jets... This is a low-risk move that should only benefit them. Lewis has proven capable on many occasions, and the Jets O-line wasn't looking very good. Contrary to popular belief, Lev Bell needs a good O-line. Because nobody will be afraid of Sam Darnold's arm, so all eyes will be on their rushing attack. Especially after they shoveled out the $50+mil for Lev to prove himself.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miami looked god awful out there. But a good self-esteem booster for Jackson.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAL... W over MIA. Not going to invest too much into this game as Miami looked absolutely putrid out there. Jackson was 9/9 for over 200yds & 3-4 TDs at one point. Ridiculous. Ravens D looked smothering, but the MIA O-line is a rag tag group. Again, hard to know what to take from this game. Next up: vs. ARI. Looking like a 2-0 start for them.

CLE... L to TEN. Very disappointing opener for the Browns. The hype train comes crashing down to Earth. Offense looked good early, but then sputtered for the rest of the half due to penalties. An absurd amount of penalties called on them today. Made it difficult to watch. Defense looked extremely average. Next up: @ NYJ. Should be able to get back on track as the Jets just got beat by the Bills lol.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win or lose, John Ross looks fantastic for Cincy. Big statement for him today.

@cincygrad

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win or lose, John Ross looks fantastic for Cincy. Big statement for him today.

@cincygrad

Crazy, right? And he was hurt all of preseason.

Bengals looked different out there. Too many mistakes and too many missed opportunities. A good team should win a game that they dominate and the Bengals dominated that game. But, it's an encouraging start for a team that most prognosticators had as one of the three worst in all of football.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAL... W over MIA. Not going to invest too much into this game as Miami looked absolutely putrid out there. Jackson was 9/9 for over 200yds & 3-4 TDs at one point. Ridiculous. Ravens D looked smothering, but the MIA O-line is a rag tag group. Again, hard to know what to take from this game. Next up: vs. ARI. Looking like a 2-0 start for them.

CLE... L to TEN. Very disappointing opener for the Browns. The hype train comes crashing down to Earth. Offense looked good early, but then sputtered for the rest of the half due to penalties. An absurd amount of penalties called on them today. Made it difficult to watch. Defense looked extremely average. Next up: @ NYJ. Should be able to get back on track as the Jets just got beat by the Bills lol.

Many folks have talked about whether Freddie Kitchens was qualified to be the head guy (me included)..... 182 yards in penalties is not the best way to silence those critics. It's one game and people will probably overreact too much, but if the sloppiness continues, the whispers will get louder. I still think they have too much talent to not put together some winning streaks, but they need to reboot some things.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to say I know something about the Ravens, but this game really meant nothing.... The Dolphins are embarking on a tank job of epic proportions. Now there are reports about many of their players wanting out.

Early mutiny in Miami

Good for Baltimore to do some nice warm up laps for the season, but Miami will be an easy win for all AFCN teams this season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic the two preseason picks for the DIV both got embarrassed and BAL met the implosion in MIA and feasted, and CIN made a good showing in SEA, should’be won the game.

The north is going to be a wild ride this yr.