• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that's rough! Didn't even know he got injured? What terrible luck!

Jonah Williams has shoulder surgery and likely out for entire rookie season

Could be a major factor in the future directions of the franchise. With improved offensive line play and a decent scheme, it isn't out of the question that Dalton could have a really big year statistically. But with one of the major OL assets already on the shelf, it sets up the possibility that Dalton could struggle..... Though it's not a 'contract' year for Dalton, this is basically the make-or-break year for him in Cincinnati. If he struggles they will replace him with a high pick. If he succeeds he could force their hands into an extension. Worth watching.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a major factor in the future directions of the franchise. With improved offensive line play and a decent scheme, it isn't out of the question that Dalton could have a really big year statistically. But with one of the major OL assets already on the shelf, it sets up the possibility that Dalton could struggle..... Though it's not a 'contract' year for Dalton, this is basically the make-or-break year for him in Cincinnati. If he struggles they will replace him with a high pick. If he succeeds he could force their hands into an extension. Worth watching.
Dalton is a serviceable qb, but he definitely requires the right pieces around him to get the job done. He shouldn’t command $30m+ per year so extending him wouldn’t hurt. It’s just a matter of “want to”. With a new coach I’m guessing they will want to move in a different direction. If I were Cincy I’d draft his replacement. Get a young buck in there to compete for the division. Steelers are on the edge of losing Ben & Baltimore doesn’t have their future QB. Cleveland is the only team that is set at the position for a while. Next year would be good timing for Cincy to pull the plug.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton is a serviceable qb, but he definitely requires the right pieces around him to get the job done. He shouldn’t command $30m+ per year so extending him wouldn’t hurt. It’s just a matter of “want to”. With a new coach I’m guessing they will want to move in a different direction. If I were Cincy I’d draft his replacement. Get a young buck in there to compete for the division. Steelers are on the edge of losing Ben & Baltimore doesn’t have their future QB. Cleveland is the only team that is set at the position for a while. Next year would be good timing for Cincy to pull the plug.

I agree. I also wouldn't break my back to re-sign AJ Green. He's been a great player. He's been a great guy. No diva moments which is rare for a receiver. But I think its safe to say that his most productive years are behind him and I don't expect him to play at a high level for more than another 3 seasons at most. Though I think they have more talent on the roster than the national media recognizes, I think it's probably time for a reboot. Might be time to Tank for Tua.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sucks to lose a projected starter...interesting that they had moved Glen inside to G so I assume he just moves back outside (he's serviceable imo).

Agree for the most part on Dalton...I don't expect the FO to saddle Zac with Dalton if this is not a playoff season unless Dalton has a killer year and clearly not part of the problem (if there is one).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I also wouldn't break my back to re-sign AJ Green. He's been a great player. He's been a great guy. No diva moments which is rare for a receiver. But I think its safe to say that his most productive years are behind him and I don't expect him to play at a high level for more than another 3 seasons at most. Though I think they have more talent on the roster than the national media recognizes, I think it's probably time for a reboot. Might be time to Tank for Tua.

AJ...you could be right, he's nearing the end of the NFL road (especially as a WR1) but I think he will be a 800-1200 yd WR for another 2-3 yrs barring injury...the big question is how much to pay him and where is the state of the team.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Longtime Bengals lineman Clint Boling retires

More trouble for the Cincinnati offensive line. Though they have taken some nice steps to rebuild the line over the last two seasons, injuries are stalling progress. This is a tough blow as Boling was probably the best lineman they had after Whitworth and Zeitler left.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Longtime Bengals lineman Clint Boling retires

More trouble for the Cincinnati offensive line. Though they have taken some nice steps to rebuild the line over the last two seasons, injuries are stalling progress. This is a tough blow as Boling was probably the best lineman they had after Whitworth and Zeitler left.
Rough, but sorta expected right? After they moved Glenn inside & signed Miller it looked like the writing was on the wall. But I assume Glenn is moving back outside? I'd like to see that Westerman kid get a shot.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rough, but sorta expected right? After they moved Glenn inside & signed Miller it looked like the writing was on the wall. But I assume Glenn is moving back outside? I'd like to see that Westerman kid get a shot.

Yeah, I think everyone thought something was up when Glenn was practicing at Boling's position. With Williams out, Glenn is definitely the left tackle.

I think all Bengals fans are with you on Westerman.... PFF loves him whenever he's on the field, but Marvin refused to play him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think everyone thought something was up when Glenn was practicing at Boling's position. With Williams out, Glenn is definitely the left tackle.

I think all Bengals fans are with you on Westerman.... PFF loves him whenever he's on the field, but Marvin refused to play him.

Yep, right now it's been take one step forward (drafting a plug and play starter in Williams), only to take two steps backward on the OL with the injuries and now retirement.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker needs to understand, no one really cares about that...Somebody in the DIV offered him a job, he took it. Anyone that wants a paycheck would. Mayfield really should be focusing on living up to the expectations the Browns are now working with for the 1st time in probably 3 decades.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With AJ injured again (I heard 4-6 weeks on this one) it's starting to look as if Boyd will be the WR1 soon.
Initial reports say 6-8 weeks. But ankle injuries are tough to predict with skill-position players.

Cincy should look to add depth. Crabtree is a name out there that is available with good knowledge of AFCN teams.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initial reports say 6-8 weeks. But ankle injuries are tough to predict with skill-position players.

Cincy should look to add depth. Crabtree is a name out there that is available with good knowledge of AFCN teams.

Yep...it is 6-8 weeks. I thought I saw 4-6 last night....actually initially the HC thought it was minor.

I wasn't sure how the Bengals would fare under the new HC this season, but OFC was one side of the ball that they had to feel pretty good about coming in...now with OL issues to solve and WR1 they seem to have work cut out on both sides of the ball.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...it is 6-8 weeks. I thought I saw 4-6 last night....actually initially the HC thought it was minor.

I wasn't sure how the Bengals would fare under the new HC this season, but OFC was one side of the ball that they had to feel pretty good about coming in...now with OL issues to solve and WR1 they seem to have work cut out on both sides of the ball.
Yea its looking awful bleak awful fast over in Cincy. Last season for Dalton to prove himself for an extension. Not looking good but wouldn't count them out just yet. They have pieces to work with, just need the right coaching to bring out their A game. Still thinkin they should have the offense go through Mixon to get the pressure off Dalton.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea its looking awful bleak awful fast over in Cincy. Last season for Dalton to prove himself for an extension. Not looking good but wouldn't count them out just yet. They have pieces to work with, just need the right coaching to bring out their A game. Still thinkin they should have the offense go through Mixon to get the pressure off Dalton.

Agreed...AJ should get back within the 1st QTR of the season. In the interim, getting the OL patched up at G and LT should be the biggest concern. That will allow them to run the OFC thru Mixon as you said.

It seems like the front office is wising up on Dalton...but I think most of it is having a new HC. If Marvin were still running the show, Dalton would probably be extended by now.