• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea its looking awful bleak awful fast over in Cincy. Last season for Dalton to prove himself for an extension. Not looking good but wouldn't count them out just yet. They have pieces to work with, just need the right coaching to bring out their A game. Still thinkin they should have the offense go through Mixon to get the pressure off Dalton.

I'm not very confident about AJ Green returning to all-pro form.... He's had toe surgery and ankle surgery within the same year that he has turned 30. He has 8 years of NFL football under his belt. The wheels might be starting to fall off a bit and he has the type of game that won't age well. As mentioned, the line is a mess.... And Dalton is probably on his last shot. There is talent around the place - Mixon, Bernard, Boyd, Eifert (if healthy), Ross (if he ever lives up to any of his potential). And there is an offensive staff in place that should get the most out of their guys. So, a good season wouldn't shock me.... But there are just too many 'ifs' here. It's starting to look more like a 5-7 win seasons that raises more questions than answers. Probably time for a bigger reboot.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not very confident about AJ Green returning to all-pro form.... He's had toe surgery and ankle surgery within the same year that he has turned 30. He has 8 years of NFL football under his belt. The wheels might be starting to fall off a bit and he has the type of game that won't age well. As mentioned, the line is a mess.... And Dalton is probably on his last shot. There is talent around the place - Mixon, Bernard, Boyd, Eifert (if healthy), Ross (if he ever lives up to any of his potential). And there is an offensive staff in place that should get the most out of their guys. So, a good season wouldn't shock me.... But there are just too many 'ifs' here. It's starting to look more like a 5-7 win seasons that raises more questions than answers. Probably time for a bigger reboot.
I hope Cincy can regain form. The AFCN has been pathetic recently, Steelers included. Would love for the division to get back to being a powerhouse again. But as it stands right now, there are a lot more questions than answers amongst every team in the division. Hard to say how any of these teams will fair.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Cincy can regain form. The AFCN has been pathetic recently, Steelers included. Would love for the division to get back to being a powerhouse again. But as it stands right now, there are a lot more questions than answers amongst every team in the division. Hard to say how any of these teams will fair.

No doubt. I wouldn't gamble on any of these teams.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens Trade Former Starting LG Alex Lewis To Jets After Report He Would Be Released - Steelers Depot

Surprising move... Having an "open competition" at the position and then trading the favorite to start. That must mean they have someone rising to the occasion.

As for the Jets... This is a low-risk move that should only benefit them. Lewis has proven capable on many occasions, and the Jets O-line wasn't looking very good. Contrary to popular belief, Lev Bell needs a good O-line. Because nobody will be afraid of Sam Darnold's arm, so all eyes will be on their rushing attack. Especially after they shoveled out the $50+mil for Lev to prove himself.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see that with AJ...when the injuries start piling up one after another, your body is breaking down...he's not long for the NFL. Maybe a yr or two, maybe 3 who knows, but the end is near. Kind of a bummer on the OL, but it happens, and that might effect Dalton who is surely playing for his career in CIN....I think this will be the reboot you're thinking about...new QB in '20.

I'm expecting an even bigger performance from the DEF...that talent is better than the results LY. The rookie HC will have his hands full for sure, but I'm still not sure how to project the '19 Bengals yet.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens Trade Former Starting LG Alex Lewis To Jets After Report He Would Be Released - Steelers Depot

Surprising move... Having an "open competition" at the position and then trading the favorite to start. That must mean they have someone rising to the occasion.

As for the Jets... This is a low-risk move that should only benefit them. Lewis has proven capable on many occasions, and the Jets O-line wasn't looking very good. Contrary to popular belief, Lev Bell needs a good O-line. Because nobody will be afraid of Sam Darnold's arm, so all eyes will be on their rushing attack. Especially after they shoveled out the $50+mil for Lev to prove himself.

Well, I'm sure the Ravens already have their LG starter projected, but reading stuff on the web, it's not evident yet who the starter is.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm sure the Ravens already have their LG starter projected, but reading stuff on the web, it's not evident yet who the starter is.
Most everything I read had Lewis pegged to take the role, which had been his role. But when they said it would be an open competition they must have felt they needed more from the position. And trading Lewis for nothing more than a conditional 7th? That has me curious.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most everything I read had Lewis pegged to take the role, which had been his role. But when they said it would be an open competition they must have felt they needed more from the position. And trading Lewis for nothing more than a conditional 7th? That has me curious.

I hadn't really seen the compensation, but 7th rounder for a guy that started LY is curious for a team not known to be loaded on the OL.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't really seen the compensation, but 7th rounder for a guy that started LY is curious for a team not known to be loaded on the OL.
My thoughts exactly... Well they were sayin they intended to release him for some unknown reason, so I guess its a win to get a small penny for compensation. But still doesn't make sense why they were wanting to release him after starting LY. Red flags maybe?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts exactly... Well they were sayin they intended to release him for some unknown reason, so I guess its a win to get a small penny for compensation. But still doesn't make sense why they were wanting to release him after starting LY. Red flags maybe?

It wouldn't shock me at all to hear he's suspended X number of games....FWIW, the Jets apparently are looking at him as depth.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't shock me at all to hear he's suspended X number of games....FWIW, the Jets apparently are looking at him as depth.
Makes sense with how many question marks they have on the Jets O-line. He could easily become a starter at some point. Aside from the obvious injuries, Osemele looked pretty bad over in Oakland last year. And Kalil, the center, briefly retired last year. Beachum is 30 now (surprised me when I saw that), but he's about the only noteworthy player on that line.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense with how many question marks they have on the Jets O-line. He could easily become a starter at some point. Aside from the obvious injuries, Osemele looked pretty bad over in Oakland last year. And Kalil, the center, briefly retired last year. Beachum is 30 now (surprised me when I saw that), but he's about the only noteworthy player on that line.

Yep...he is...Osemele is on his last legs apparently...got a lot money to go to OAK but only lasted 3 of the 5 seasons. The Jets have some pcs like every team does, especially on DEF...Idk ole Steve McLendon was still pulling in NFL checks. But...on OFC, my gosh, on paper they look like MAYBE a 6 win team.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...he is...Osemele is on his last legs apparently...got a lot money to go to OAK but only lasted 3 of the 5 seasons. The Jets have some pcs like every team does, especially on DEF...Idk ole Steve McLendon was still pulling in NFL checks. But...on OFC, my gosh, on paper they look like MAYBE a 6 win team.
They should have a better defense this year. Drafting Quinnen Williams to pair up with Leonard Williams was a good move. But I still think they overpaid for Mosley & Crowder. Time will tell with Bell whether he was overpaid or not. Their front office blew their wad in FA. Looked desperate at the time, but maybe they shored up enough holes to be competitive again?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have a better defense this year. Drafting Quinnen Williams to pair up with Leonard Williams was a good move. But I still think they overpaid for Mosley & Crowder. Time will tell with Bell whether he was overpaid or not. Their front office blew their wad in FA. Looked desperate at the time, but maybe they shored up enough holes to be competitive again?

The Mosley signing was one that was a head scratcher to me...both were over paid, but Lee was a good LB that missed some time LY...Mosley is better, but not an impact position game in game out to pay that much more for.

Crowder will help as will Bell...not premier weapons, but they will get some Ws...with Tomlin’s history admittedly I’m concerned about week 16 being one of them. Bell being over there is a saving grace the team will be self motivated.

A game I’m looking forward to early is week 2 CLE @ NYJ primetime I think...many Browns fans are counting that game as a W...should be interesting.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep...it goes in cycles...it wasn't too long ago, the north had 3 teams in the playoffs.

Now...as you said, every team has some major questions to be answered to become playoff worthy, but one thing is for sure...somebody will win the DIV. :D

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...it goes in cycles...it wasn't too long ago, the north had 3 teams in the playoffs.

Now...as you said, every team has some major questions to be answered to become playoff worthy, but one thing is for sure...somebody will win the DIV. :D
Feels embarrassing to say, but the AFCN has been somewhat of a doormat in the playoffs lately. "Wipe your feet before entering" sotospeak. Gave some teams a chance to clean up their game and boost their self-esteem before/after the divisional round lol.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels embarrassing to say, but the AFCN has been somewhat of a doormat in the playoffs lately. "Wipe your feet before entering" sotospeak. Gave some teams a chance to clean up their game and boost their self-esteem before/after the divisional round lol.

These playoffs you mentioned. What the hell are they? They sound interesting.