• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFCN is still wide open folks.

1. Browns are jekyl & hyde, 1st in the division. Banged up team should get healthier next week, but their schedule gets a lot tougher from here.

2. Ravens come crashing down to earth. Divisional bout with PIT looms larger for them. 0-1 in the division, so place-holding the 2nd spot until MNF.

3/4. Winner of Steelers & Bungles would put them in 2nd place in the division lol.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Browns are jekyl & hyde, 1st in the division. Banged up team should get healthier next week, but their schedule gets a lot tougher from here.

2. Ravens come crashing down to earth. Divisional bout with PIT looms larger for them. 0-1 in the division, so place-holding the 2nd spot until MNF.

3/4. Winner of Steelers & Bungles would put them in 2nd place in the division lol.

Good showing for the Browns today. Strong effort all around. It makes me question how legit the Ravens are..... Their two wins are against the Dolphins and Cardinals. Their D was absolutely shredded today - Not used to seeing that in Baltimore. Their schedule is very difficult - Aside from the division games, they have games against the Patriots, Texans, @Seahawks, @Rams, Niners, and @Bills.

Unless the Steelers make a little run here, I think the Browns need to be considered the favorite.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do the Browns score 40 pts and OBJ gets me 3 fantasy points?

I hate the fucking Browns!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do the Browns score 40 pts and OBJ gets me 3 fantasy points?

I hate the fucking Browns!
Isn't fantasy football fun?

I go from scoring 120pts last week, to exactly half that this week.

giphy.gif

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't fantasy football fun?

I go from scoring 120pts last week, to exactly half that this week.

giphy.gif
Right. Lol. I only do one league and it's a salary cap dynasty league with full rosters (OL, PK, PN... everything). Last season went 13-1 and set the scoring record. Then shit the bed in the playoffs with the lowest score of the year from any team haha.

Had Godwin in the whole week. At 12:52 I switched him out for Chris Carson.

I deserve what I got.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Lol. I only do one league and it's a salary cap dynasty league with full rosters (OL, PK, PN... everything). Last season went 13-1 and set the scoring record. Then shit the bed in the playoffs with the lowest score of the year from any team haha.

Had Godwin in the whole week. At 12:52 I switched him out for Chris Carson.

I deserve what I got.
I play in 3-5 leagues every year. 2 of them being money leagues. All my non-money league teams are notorious for starting slow and finishing strong. But I shit the bed in all my money leagues. I'll never understand!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Familiar face back in the AFCN. I think this restores the Steelers' comp pick, no?

@ATL96Steeler

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CLE @ BAL...maybe confirming what I thought already, but watching this game...the Browns have a better OFC.

Kudos to Kitchens for sticking with the run game...they had Chub bottled up for much of the 1st half, but they kept him in the game plan and it paid off big time. BAL OFC still pretty much looks the same...they still call Jackson's # to make plays, especially to make 1st downs.

Close game for a long time, but a couple of turnovers and the big run by Chub changed the margin to heavily favor the Browns.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burfict was suspended for the rest of the season for his brutal hit on the Colt's TE Jack Doyle.

Bud Dupree would never get suspended in this way.

He'd actually have to hit someone!

Nope.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burfict was suspended for the rest of the season for his brutal hit on the Colt's TE Jack Doyle.

Bud Dupree would never get suspended in this way.

He'd actually have to hit someone!

Nope.
Wrong thread?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, both had long splash plays, multiple for Landry...but no scores for Landry that I remember.
Nope. But he did a lot of the work to get them into the RZ multiple times. Unsung hero.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's this about @blue_suns ? Is Earl causing friction or is this just a competitor being frustrated (ie nothin to see here)?

It's BS that the media felt the need to write this petty article in wake of them losing. I'm sure a lot of shit goes on behind closed doors in those stadiums after losses that we DON'T need to hear about.

That said, not a fan of Earl lashing out at him unless Williams' injury was self-inflicted.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's this about @blue_suns ? Is Earl causing friction or is this just a competitor being frustrated (ie nothin to see here)?

It's BS that the media felt the need to write this petty article in wake of them losing. I'm sure a lot of shit goes on behind closed doors in those stadiums after losses that we DON'T need to hear about.

That said, not a fan of Earl lashing out at him unless Williams' injury was self-inflicted.

This is the first I've heard of it. Not sure why he'd single out Williams when everyone except Humphrey played bad that game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFCN Wk Wrapup

CLE...2-2, W, 40-25 @ BAL...it's been a long time since the Browns have been in 1st place in the DIV...a real long time, but they earned it with a head to head win over the Ravens. This was a close game into the 4Q, then 3 straight scores went unanswered until a garbage TD for the final margin. Chubb was a beast in this one.

Next week...@ SF MNF

BAL...2-2, L, 25-40 vs CLE...this was a matter of not being able to get Chubb on the ground nor could they defend Landry. OFC looked very much like last yr at times with Jackson running to make a play.

Next week...@ PIT

PIT...1-3, W, 27-3 vs CIN MNF...With both teams staring 0-4 in the face, the Steelers get off the goose egg with an inspired effort on both sides of the ball. Possibly the best DEF effort in the last couple of years.

Next week...vs BAL

CIN...0-4, L, 3-27 @ PIT MNF...The Bengals OL and Dalton were under siege for much of the night. When they did move the ball they couldn't finish the drive off. Zac Tyler's introduction to AFCN play was a hard fought clean game, a new concept for a CIN vs PIT game...I expect PIT will face a different Bengals team come week 12 with AJ back and a OL with a lot more snaps as a unit.

Next week...vs AZ

The AFCN winner is still tracking towards being a 3rd or 4th seed at the moment, but there's a lot of football to go yet.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first I've heard of it. Not sure why he'd single out Williams when everyone except Humphrey played bad that game.
Yea made no sense. Makes me think Williams' sudden Saturday injury designation was self-inflicted.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers did an excellent job exposing the Bengals flaws.... The Bengals have terrible offensive tackles and terrible linebackers. The Steelers basically whipped the tackles and made Dalton's life miserable. The offense had no chance to get moving. On the other side of the ball, the Pittsburgh offense basically did all of it's early damage by passing to running backs - The Bengals were hopeless to stop it.

I think the Bengals are fatally flawed and it will likely get worse from here. The way the Niners and Steelers attacked the Bengals D is on film and can likely be imitated by all future opponents. The only real hope for Cincy is a complete tank job and a full reboot.