• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...it's still early, but right now the north is clearly the weakest DIV in the league...just 4 yrs or so I think 3 teams made the playoffs...tables have turned.

Yep, this division is hot garbage right now. I suppose someone could win it with eight or nine wins this season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, this division is hot garbage right now. I suppose someone could win it with eight or nine wins this season.

Looks like a one and done DIV winner, but we've got plenty of time to let that play out....Pre-Ben going down I projected 10-6 for PIT and 9-7 for CLE and BAL...one of them will probably still get to 9 Ws.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a one and done DIV winner, but we've got plenty of time to let that play out....Pre-Ben going down I projected 10-6 for PIT and 9-7 for CLE and BAL...one of them will probably still get to 9 Ws.

I think Cleveland has the best chance to go on a little run... Probably not until next month, but their schedule will lighten up and they can probably string together a few wins.

Baltimore has some significant challenges left. Seahawks, Niners, Patriots, Texans, Rams, Bills, and a road game in Cleveland.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cleveland has the best chance to go on a little run... Probably not until next month, but their schedule will lighten up and they can probably string together a few wins.

Baltimore has some significant challenges left. Seahawks, Niners, Patriots, Texans, Rams, Bills, and a road game in Cleveland.

CLE needs to figure something out over these next 5 games (6 weeks)….on DEF, they can rush the passer, but iffy vs the run. On OFC, obviously they have great run/pass balance personnel, but need the OL to deliver more consistently.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylen Samuels now out for a month. The injury bug has hit in full force in Steeler Nation.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 6 Recap

BAL...4-2, W vs CIN, 23-17...This was a ground and pound game from BAL from beginning to end. Led on the ground and in the air by Jackson. They rushed for 269 total yards, Jackson was good 150+ on the ground and he also passed for 236...the Ravens had the ball almost 40 mins but still couldn't put the Bengals away until they secured the onside kick and it was victory formation to close it out.

Next week...@ SEA

CLE...2-4, L vs SEA, 28-32...An entertaining game. The Browns led early and if you didn't see it the can I think most would be cursing Mayfield and his 3 INTs, but 2 of those including the final one that sealed it were off his receiver's hands and picked off. At the end of the day, CLE couldn't stop the rushing attack as Carson churned out 124 yds...Russell Wilson added 34 on the ground including a TD to go with 2 more passing. After CLE took the lead 28-25 in the 4th, SEA never waivered on the run game as they basically just marched back down field and scored a TD eating nearly 6 mins of clock. Browns got it back with about 3 mins to go and Mayfield was ultimately picked off again deep in CLE territory, one 1st down later they were in victory formation.

Next week...@NE

PIT...2-4, W @ LAC, 24-17...Easily the best performance of the season for the Steelers. OFC was efficient and effective thru the air and the running game was possibly the best display to date this season. The DEF played take away for the 3rd straight week, collecting 3 turnovers, two by the rookie LB Devin Bush. The Steeler DL and edge rushers kept Rivers under duress most of the evening. By taking advantage of the early turnover and some solid OFC, the Steelers build a 21-0 lead and they were able to hang on when Rivers did make some plays. Down only 1 possession, PIT got a little too conservative and had to punt the ball back to the Chargers, but an excellent punt and ST play downed the ball on the Chargers 2 yard line...PIT was able to play deep prevent and Sutton picked off a deep throw attempt and allowed Hodges to win his first ever NFL start and get the Steelers going in the right direct heading into the bye week.

Next week...bye

CIN...0-6, L @ BAL, 17-23...Down early in this game, the Bengals D was gouged for 497 yds, but made a some stops in the 2nd half forcing BAL into 3 FGs. That allowed CIN to stay in this game in spite of being dragged up and down the field in the 1st half and much of the 2nd half too. After all of that, CIN was only down 23-10. Dalton scored on a keeper cutting it 23-17 late in the 4th, but BAL recovered the onside kick and that was a wrap.

Next week...JAX

As it stands now, BAL is again the leader of the pack...2-1 in the DIV, and right now with KC losing 2 in a row and traveling for a TNF tilt @ DEN, the AFC is starting to take shape...we'll have to see how BUF and OAK hold up.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Son bitch

Good pickup for Cincy. Steelers were undoubtedly hoping he'd clear waivers.

@cincygrad

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Son bitch

Good pickup for Cincy. Steelers were undoubtedly hoping he'd clear waivers.

@cincygrad

Yep...good pick up for Cincy...that was the fall out of Rudolph not clearing protocol. They had to clear a spot for the back up QB.

I knew he wouldn't clear...ATL probably would've taken him if CIN didn't.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Footage of the Browns hype train crashing.

tenor.gif

What the hell was the media thinking pimping this team up before the season?

Reactions: gob

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals roster is a mess. It's hard to evaluate Zac Taylor and his coaching staff when he doesn't have NFL-level talent. The offensive line is comically bad. The best member of that unit might be the undrafted free agent playing center. The defense isn't much better than last year's historically bad unit. Total rebuild.

The Browns fucked up when they hired Freddie Kitchens.... Maybe the guy is going to get better over time. For now, they play like a very poorly coached football team.

The Steelers have responded well to adversity. They look like a team that wants to play football. I think the limits they have at qb right now could hurt them against the wrong opponents, but they have some time to figure some things out.

The Ravens are deadly on the ground.... That could be a good recipe to guard against a vulnerable defense that has lost a lot of talent over the years. I still think their schedule is going to make things hard for them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals roster is a mess. It's hard to evaluate Zac Taylor and his coaching staff when he doesn't have NFL-level talent. The offensive line is comically bad. The best member of that unit might be the undrafted free agent playing center. The defense isn't much better than last year's historically bad unit. Total rebuild.

The Browns fucked up when they hired Freddie Kitchens.... Maybe the guy is going to get better over time. For now, they play like a very poorly coached football team.

The Steelers have responded well to adversity. They look like a team that wants to play football. I think the limits they have at qb right now could hurt them against the wrong opponents, but they have some time to figure some things out.

The Ravens are deadly on the ground.... That could be a good recipe to guard against a vulnerable defense that has lost a lot of talent over the years. I still think their schedule is going to make things hard for them.

CIN...I'm still a little stunned at just how bad the DEF is. You say talent is lacking, and I have to go with that after watching them. But...it really just seems like the talent that was top 10 is 2016, 16th in 2017 just fell off the map and are not performing...Dunlap prior to sitting last week has 1 sack, Geno...even his production has slipped. But run DEF is a lot of attitude and want to and they don't seem to have that...LB issues were kind of out in front, drafted Pratt. Secondary on paper is at least solid. I thought this group had just bailed on the lame duck Lewis LY, but seeing it again...it's really looking as if they made a big mistake on the extensions to Dunlap and Atkins.

CLE...I understand what they were trying to do...keep some continuity from last season. In hindsight, they probably would've been better off going with a guy like Arians (who reportedly wanted the job), but I guess it's hard to look at him long term due to age and health issues. They just weren't ready week one. I think they caught the Jets at a good time with the back up QB, they played a great game in BAL, the rest were pretty predictable outcomes. I'm still thinking 9 wins but would be surprised if they go 8-8.

PIT...good win in Cali (finally)...DEF has stepped up, but you're right they will need to open it up on OFC to be competitive with the better teams remaining on the schedule. If they are able to do that, PIT could possibly make the season have some meaning in DEC.

BAL...Clearly not the same team defensively. They went out and got a CB in a trade to bolster that pass DEF. I think they could come back to the pack over the next two games...Basically the same OFC as LY, Jackson is being a little smarter about taking hits and he is throwing a little more. I don't see them running away with the DIV based on the remaining schedule.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Peters on Baltimore should scare the hell outta the division. Peters for the most part has looked incredibly overrated in LA, but don't be fooled. He was miscast in that secondary. His strengths are bump n run in man-press, which is exactly what Baltimore does. We've been seeing that from Humphrey all season and he is straight up dominating each week. If Jimmy Smith ever gets back to full health, I expect Baltimore will be smothering receivers for the rest of the year, allowing them to focus on the run game more.

Smith, Peters, & Humphrey, with Earl Thomas on the backend... Nasty

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stunner: Rams trade CB Marcus Peters to Ravens

Obviously this was a precursor move to the Rams trading for Jalen Ramsey.

Peters seems to have peaked as a player, but Ravens have been looking to improve their DEF and oft injured Jimmy Smith...we shall see.

This is Peters' 3rd team for the former 1st round pick by KC in 2015....traded for LB Kenny Young and reported a late round 2020 draft pick.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Peters on Baltimore should scare the hell outta the division. Peters for the most part has looked incredibly overrated in LA, but don't be fooled. He was miscast in that secondary. His strengths are bump n run in man-press, which is exactly what Baltimore does. We've been seeing that from Humphrey all season and he is straight up dominating each week. If Jimmy Smith ever gets back to full health, I expect Baltimore will be smothering receivers for the rest of the year, allowing them to focus on the run game more.

Smith, Peters, & Humphrey, with Earl Thomas on the backend... Nasty

Smith is never going to be 100% which is why they made this move.