• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm concerned but not really worried about CIN...concerned because they are a pretty good DEF, but if the OL continues to play at the level they have been the last month or so, the Steelers should win. Haley/Ben are starting to spread the ball around again, and the guys are responding and of course Bell is playing at a high level and he wasn't in the 1st game.

On DEF...this is not the same DEF CIN faced in week 2.

I've said many times that Tomlin's teams play better when their backs are against the wall...he has a chance now to prove he can be a good front runner coach...just keep winning!

I think the biggest thing is for Cinncy to leave town and we are still healthy.
We know of the track history with these guys and this game is going to be just as ugly. They have a chance to play spoiler to our season, and it will get ugly.

The D has been so much better, with Dupree coming back it seems it has really sparked these guys on D!!!

Get the V-Bookie in here, I want the over/under on someone getting a fine from this game!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest thing is for Cinncy to leave town and we are still healthy.
We know of the track history with these guys and this game is going to be just as ugly. They have a chance to play spoiler to our season, and it will get ugly.

The D has been so much better, with Dupree coming back it seems it has really sparked these guys on D!!!

Get the V-Bookie in here, I want the over/under on someone getting a fine from this game!!!!

They played a fairly clean came in week 2. Of course the dirty one himself was not in that game and I'm sure he'll try to start some shit. Agreed, just get thru it without any major injuries.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played a fairly clean came in week 2. Of course the dirty one himself was not in that game and I'm sure he'll try to start some shit. Agreed, just get thru it without any major injuries.

This is true, and they are on the outside of the playoff picture looking in. We are in the playoffs as of now, and it would make them big time happy to knock us out. Especially after what they think we have done to their playoff runs the last couple of years.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 'dirty one himself' has been flagged for one penalty all season - A defensive holding call.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't reformed.... I'm sure he'll lose his shit here soon. But damn is he good when his head is right - Hopefully he'll keep up his high standard of play this week.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get the V-Bookie in here for some odds on this week he loses his shit!!!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots beat Baltimore for you - where's my cake!!!!!
Would love to see the Jets beat the Dolphins tonight, and the Iggles beat the Ravens tomorrow. That would give the Steelers a little padding should they falter.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see the Jets beat the Dolphins tonight, and the Iggles beat the Ravens tomorrow. That would give the Steelers a little padding should they falter.

Well damn Face, I'm rooting for the Jets myself!!!!!
(don't you feel dirty?)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well damn Face, I'm rooting for the Jets myself!!!!!
(don't you feel dirty?)
Very dirty... Feel dirty just watching this shit show. I think there might be some paint drying somewhere more worth my time

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At 20-6 I didn't give up on the boys, but I did start streaming the BAL game just to see what was happening there...it was fairly close til the 4Q.

Not really sure why they didn't go for the tie...maybe they were just tired of playing since it didn't mean anything.

That said...as we've been pointing to for 3 weeks now...it boils down to Xmas day, in PIT. It's all or nothing for BAL for sure, for PIT it locks up the DIV but I'm not sure if it locks up the 3 seed.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard the rumors about him retiring. But I can hear the overwhelming excitement coming from the Bengals forum over this...

Marvin Lewis: 'I'll be back' with Cincinnati Bengals

Any bets on whether he gets canned midseason next year? Lewis has been on the "hot seat" for 3-4 years running.

As @cincygrad put it...
The general consensus among Bengal fans is that we're stuck with Lewis until he decided to hang it up. Mike Brown is happy with the product and he's loyal. It sucks because this team could probably make a pretty good rebound under the right coaching staff. As it stands, the players are defending Lewis - And why wouldn't they? They run the joint..... He just apologizes for them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy New Year Steeler Nation!!

AFCN Wrap Up Notes...overall a down year for the DIV....3 of the 4 teams were competitive, but not the win totals that were expected.

PIT...11-5, DIV champs, 3 seed...my prediction 12-4, 2 seed
BAL...8-8, missed playoffs...my prediction 9-7, maybe WC
CIN...6-9-1, missed playoffs...my prediction 9-7, maybe WC
CLE...1-15...my prediction, my prediction 4-12, top 5 draft pick

PIT...ranked 10th OFC, 10th DEF...(PTs). It wasn't always pretty, in fact it was down right ugly for a stretch of the season. The OFC started strong, dropped off, but recovered with the health of Ben. The DEF predictably started slow with 3 rookies playing fairly early. The 4 game losing streak and total lack of QB pressure during this phase forced Butler to take the training wheels off and get more aggressive...although they continued to make mistakes, he was rewarded with a solid DEF against scoring. And at the end of the game that's what really matters.

BAL...ranked 21st OFC, 9th DEF...After losing to PIT in week 16, I don't think the Ravens cared much about the outcome in CIN Sunday. I thought the OFC would struggle early trying to mesh new pieces and another OC...what surprised me a little was how strong the DEF was...they rebounded pretty quickly from '15...still relied on some older players like Suggs. They battled to the end pretty much, but they were about where I thought they might be.

CIN...ranked 24th OFC, 8th DEF...lost a lot of close games this yr. Losing some key OFC players late hurt them. But getting run out of the DEN, DAL and NE games showed the DEF maybe was not quite as good as the ranking. After that tie @ home vs WAS, they lost 3 straight and never really got back on track.

CLE...ranked 31st OFC, 30th DEF...that really says enough. They gutted too much of the team and simply did not have enough talent to win games. They have a ton of draft picks again, including #1 overall...nowhere to go but up.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard the rumors about him retiring. But I can hear the overwhelming excitement coming from the Bengals forum over this...

Marvin Lewis: 'I'll be back' with Cincinnati Bengals

Any bets on whether he gets canned midseason next year? Lewis has been on the "hot seat" for 3-4 years running.

As @cincygrad put it...

It's only getting worse..... Marvin's team captain (and favorite redemption project) Adam 'PacMan' Jones just got himself arrested yesterday. What do you do about a guy that is North of 30, was a major part of an epic postseason meltdown, gets arrested every 2 or 3 seasons, and generally makes more news due to his mouth rather than his play?? Apparently nothing...... We'll probably nominate him captain again. No accountability on or off the field with Marvin. And it's a real shame, because when Marvin had Zim, Gruden, and Hue along with a talented roster, they had a pretty nice window for a run. That window looks to be closing.