• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you fondly referring to as Tits McGee? lol Made me choke on my coffee btw

:pound::pound:

andresmith-300x276.jpg
Andre Smith..... He had a nice set of boobs - If you don't mind them floppy.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire Harbs? No way OS! He's a great coach.

I think Pees D is solid and continues to improve. Obviously the wink link is in the secondary (much like the Steelers). Like Blue said, if they can draft a solid CB & S I think they will see that defense in the top 5 next season.

Makes no difference Face, the D was #1 and 2 from week to week and Pees signature is to fade in the 4th. If you remember , he almost gave our last SB away after being up by a ton. Gave up 2 14 point leads against NE in a PO game a few years ago. And just gave the game away in the last 70 seconds for the division against your boys.
I've seen it year after year from him and there is a reason no one tries to pluck him out of the flock. For a D.C. or HC.
He's not good enough !!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe it when I see it face, we've been burnt before on these projections....good thing is, comp picks can be traded this year so maybe Ozzie can use it to trade up and get us real #1 wr or CB. I'm on the fire Harbs and Pees band myself, or it's more of the same most likely. Granted we were close to winning the division but again the weak link showed up, Pees D collapses and Jarbs says I have full confidence his D. :scratch::gaah:

Are you serious?

Harbaugh...granted I don't see the Ravens play every week, but certainly enough to know this team a little bit. I think his quick trigger with OCs/DCs make it difficult to have some consistency, but imo he's one of the best HCs in the league. Since the SB win...clearly Ozzie and the FO decided they would cut bait with several players...not a total gut job, but some key pieces that were either aging or expensive but they could still play.

Since then 1 winning season so the rebuild might be taking longer than some fans might like, but when you look at the team...OFC, is the best play maker Mike Wallace? DEF, probably Suggs? idk...the talent is okay,there are some good young players like Moseley and Jernigan, but not many that standouts that I can point to as an outsider.

I've always felt Ozzie was one of the top GMs in the league, some of these young draft picks need to step up.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious?

Harbaugh...granted I don't see the Ravens play every week, but certainly enough to know this team a little bit. I think his quick trigger with OCs/DCs make it difficult to have some consistency, but imo he's one of the best HCs in the league. Since the SB win...clearly Ozzie and the FO decided they would cut bait with several players...not a total gut job, but some key pieces that were either aging or expensive but they could still play.

Since then 1 winning season so the rebuild might be taking longer than some fans might like, but when you look at the team...OFC, is the best play maker Mike Wallace? DEF, probably Suggs? idk...the talent is okay,there are some good young players like Moseley and Jernigan, but not many that standouts that I can point to as an outsider.

I've always felt Ozzie was one of the top GMs in the league, some of these young draft picks need to step up.

Yeah Harbs has been a good HC, but I think we may have already seen the best of him come and go. Hey, he's not going anywhere this year but another losing season and he'll be gone. His downside is he's to loyal to bad coaches and sometimes players too. People can say what they want but other than Kubes for 1 year, Cam was our best OC and got the best out of Joe and the O. What did he do, fire him with 2 games to go and put Caldwell in to call Cams plays.
Yes we won the SB but it was still because of Cams O. Harbs didn't bring Cam here , so all the bums we've had since are his bad choices for OC. Actually we had Kyle Shanny ready to sign here when we got Kubes. We would have had more continuity with him than Kubes but again , Harbs bad decisions. I could go on and on but Biscuit said he stays and that's what it is. I just wish he'd let someone help him find better coordinators. I don't like either of ours.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Harbs has been a good HC, but I think we may have already seen the best of him come and go. Hey, he's not going anywhere this year but another losing season and he'll be gone. His downside is he's to loyal to bad coaches and sometimes players too. People can say what they want but other than Kubes for 1 year, Cam was our best OC and got the best out of Joe and the O. What did he do, fire him with 2 games to go and put Caldwell in to call Cams plays.
Yes we won the SB but it was still because of Cams O. Harbs didn't bring Cam here , so all the bums we've had since are his bad choices for OC. Actually we had Kyle Shanny ready to sign here when we got Kubes. We would have had more continuity with him than Kubes but again , Harbs bad decisions. I could go on and on but Biscuit said he stays and that's what it is. I just wish he'd let someone help him find better coordinators. I don't like either of ours.

I get you on the coordinators. I will say, they don't always click right away, but if they're worth their weight...2-3 yrs with the same system and talent you typically see results. You mention K. Shanny...ATL fans were ready to run him out of town on a rail last year...him and Ryan kind of met in the middle on some issues and they're having a great season...we'll see how they finish up. In Tomlin's 10 yrs...Ben has had 2 OCs, maybe 3, but the majority has been 2...Haley certainly is still earning his stripes in PIT, and that's with 2 dynamic weapons and QB with 2 rings.

I think that's the big issue with the Ravens OFC...they lack that true catalyst type player on OFC. Wallace did better than I expected, but he's really a #2, Smith Sr, was a great player, he's obviously at the end. Pitta is solid...we'll have to see if Perriman takes that next step. I thought Aiken was going to produce more than he has....maybe it's the OC, but I think Joe needs more big play guys around him.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get you on the coordinators. I will say, they don't always click right away, but if they're worth their weight...2-3 yrs with the same system and talent you typically see results. You mention K. Shanny...ATL fans were ready to run him out of town on a rail last year...him and Ryan kind of met in the middle on some issues and they're having a great season...we'll see how they finish up. In Tomlin's 10 yrs...Ben has had 2 OCs, maybe 3, but the majority has been 2...Haley certainly is still earning his stripes in PIT, and that's with 2 dynamic weapons and QB with 2 rings.

I think that's the big issue with the Ravens OFC...they lack that true catalyst type player on OFC. Wallace did better than I expected, but he's really a #2, Smith Sr, was a great player, he's obviously at the end. Pitta is solid...we'll have to see if Perriman takes that next step. I thought Aiken was going to produce more than he has....maybe it's the OC, but I think Joe needs more big play guys around him.

Bingo !!!....Ozzie is great at more things than not but he sucks at picking Wr's and QB's. joe has never had a #1 playmaker receiver or RB. Make shift Olines every year and a new OC and playbook to learn at least every other year. This year he missed TC and PS recovering from a serious injury and then got a new OC half way in.
I don't know how these fools expect a QB to be successful under those conditions and I blame it on the HC and GM for making bad decisions.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo !!!....Ozzie is great at more things than not but he sucks at picking Wr's and QB's. joe has never had a #1 playmaker receiver or RB. Make shift Olines every year and a new OC and playbook to learn at least every other year. This year he missed TC and PS recovering from a serious injury and then got a new OC half way in.
I don't know how these fools expect a QB to be successful under those conditions and I blame it on the HC and GM for making bad decisions.
Also, and I could be wrong about this, but it seems like they haven't really built much of an O-line. Stanley seems like a stud, but Yanda is getting up there in age and they should have built around him years ago. Steelers owe a lot their success to their O-line in which they invested heavily in over the years. 2 first round picks (Pouncey C & DeCastro RG) and 1 second round pick (Gilbert RT). The other 2 were projects UDFA's (Foster LG, Villanueva LT). They got lucky with Foster & Villanueva, but it wasn't from a lack of effort on Colbert's side. He has drafted 10 O-lineman since 2010. Newsome has spent his fare share, but it doesn't seem to me like it was much of an emphasis for him. IMO letting Osemele go was a mistake. Can you imagine that line with Yanda, Osemele & Stanley? Would have been studly.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now the Ravens are hiring Greg Roman..... A guy that I consider to be 'average at best' as an offensive coordinator. He's not being hired as a coordinator, but given Baltimore's recent history of removing coordinators in the middle of the year, I'm imagining that Marty's seat is a little warm.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now the Ravens are hiring Greg Roman..... A guy that I consider to be 'average at best' as an offensive coordinator. He's not being hired as a coordinator, but given Baltimore's recent history of removing coordinators in the middle of the year, I'm imagining that Marty's seat is a little warm.
Interesting move. Wonder what title they are going to give him? Assistant of some kind probably.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting move. Wonder what title they are going to give him? Assistant of some kind probably.

Greg is known for success with the Run game and that is a place we have been lacking in since Harboob brought in his buddy Juan Castillo as oline coach.
Of course John said he was a great coach but he sucked, and now he's gone , it will be interesting to see if they change Romans title from senior assistant offense and TE coach to oline also. I've hated Dum Juan since his first year so anyone is an upgrade as far as I'm concerned.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious?

Ozzie WAS one of the top GM's, but he's lost his magic these last couple of drafts

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozzie WAS one of the top GM's, but he's lost his magic these last couple of drafts

Agree on some level, but I don't think you lose the magic...Colbert has thrown up a few stinkers as well, but has turned it around here lately. Dimitroff here in ATL has definitely made some bad picks but now he's looking a lot better of late.

Stanley has not played up to his draft position, but I think he'll be a long term player for them and the CB young I think will be a player.

What looks really bad for Ozzie right now imo...the Perriman pick, 3 yr needs to be a big one for him.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on some level, but I don't think you lose the magic...Colbert has thrown up a few stinkers as well, but has turned it around here lately. Dimitroff here in ATL has definitely made some bad picks but now he's looking a lot better of late.

Stanley has not played up to his draft position, but I think he'll be a long term player for them and the CB young I think will be a player.

What looks really bad for Ozzie right now imo...the Perriman pick, 3 yr needs to be a big one for him.
Well, thats true, I suppose ozzie has a chance to start finding gems again.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This happened almost 3 weeks ago and the Bengals are just now releasing a statement? Well I guess this is what, his 9th or 10th arrest? So I guess it's nothing new to issue another apology. Copy & Paste... lol.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This happened almost 3 weeks ago and the Bengals are just now releasing a statement? Well I guess this is what, his 9th or 10th arrest? So I guess it's nothing new to issue another apology. Copy & Paste... lol.

I don't mind that they waited to make a statement..... Jones was in the media the day after saying that all charges were false (even though we knew that wasn't true). It would have been hasty and probably unnecessary (given its the offseason) to make a big media spectacle without really knowing the facts.

What I mind is that even in the face of video evidence, the Bengals will ignore this and continue to employ Pacman Jones. And Marvin Lewis will basically dare you to question his decisions about this..... In fact, he'll probably continue to make him a captain of his team. Marvin will essentially double-down on Jones - He'll talk about how good a person he is and how it's someone else's fault that this happened (he'll probably blame the media).

The lack of accountability is sickening..... And it has spread to the field.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals official statement isn't even on the team owned website..... They will ignore this as much as possible for as long as possible. Disgusting.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind that they waited to make a statement..... Jones was in the media the day after saying that all charges were false (even though we knew that wasn't true). It would have been hasty and probably unnecessary (given its the offseason) to make a big media spectacle without really knowing the facts.

What I mind is that even in the face of video evidence, the Bengals will ignore this and continue to employ Pacman Jones. And Marvin Lewis will basically dare you to question his decisions about this..... In fact, he'll probably continue to make him a captain of his team. Marvin will essentially double-down on Jones - He'll talk about how good a person he is and how it's someone else's fault that this happened (he'll probably blame the media).

The lack of accountability is sickening..... And it has spread to the field.
I agree with you. I know you have to somewhat wait for the charges to play out but come on this is his 9th or 10th arrest. When is enough enough for the Bengals to FINALLY cut him?????????