• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona RB Jonathan Dwyer arrested for domestic violence

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the angry twitter mob has its way, Dwyer will not only be kicked out of the league, he will be given the death penalty........ Then the twitter mob will dispurse, and go back to watching Ray Lewis on their pregame show while wearing their mike vick jerseys.....

The Giant fans will have their LT jersies on.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the angry twitter mob has its way, Dwyer will not only be kicked out of the league, he will be given the death penalty........ Then the twitter mob will dispurse, and go back to watching Ray Lewis on their pregame show while wearing their mike vick jerseys.....
:rollseyes:......Exaggerate much?

While I don't condone what Mike Vick did whatsoever, there's a big difference between animals and human beings.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Because he’s not a star player (unlike other accused players like Ray Rice, Greg Hardy and Adrian Peterson), it wouldn’t be at all surprising for the Cardinals simply to cut him and try to get this case behind them as soon as possible.

Of course, if the Cardinals do cut Dwyer, the next man up on the roster would likely be practice squad running back Chris Rainey — who has had two separate domestic violence incidents, one in college that got him kicked off the team at Florida, and one in the NFL that got him cut by the Steelers. Which serves as a reminder that the NFL has to do a whole lot more to get domestic abusers out of the league.

Reports: Cardinals? Jonathan Dwyer in domestic violence incident | ProFootballTalk

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I don't condone what Mike Vick did whatsoever, there's a big difference between animals and human beings.

Im sure there are plenty of examples of Pre Ray Rice video incidents the twitter mob doesn't know about.

Im just making a point. Let this stuff play out.

You want to be pissed Rice got nothing more then a slap on a wrist from the legal system, now thats something to get up in arms about.

But to not give everyone a fair shot to prove their guilt or innocence is bad.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure there are plenty of examples of Pre Ray Rice video incidents the twitter mob doesn't know about.

Im just making a point. Let this stuff play out.

You want to be pissed Rice got nothing more then a slap on a wrist from the legal system, now thats something to get up in arms about.

But to not give everyone a fair shot to prove their guilt or innocence is bad.
If there's enough evidence to charge Dwyer and arrest him, then it's hard to give benefit of the doubt. It's not just her word, there has to be physical evidence seen of the harm that's been done to the women's body.

The days of the high profile athlete getting a speeding ticket, J-walking or littering going un-noticed or not brought to America's attention are over. It's been that way for awhile.

Hell...... just recent pics of LeBron's hairline looking fuller makes the headlines wondering if he got plugs.

It' just the way it is.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing couldn't have been worse for the NFL. They been in the news for all the wrong reasons.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy wife, happy life.

These guys missed that bit of advice from their daddies.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about people wait to read more than a fucking headline before reacting? anybody?

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L just seen this over at deadspin.. ahhhhh , what is wrong with these idiots?

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Goodell getting the news.

Hes already stressed to the max, sitting at his desk as he takes a big sigh an assiaint comes in " Mr. Goodell I'm afraid to tell you we've had another domsetic issue with a Arizona Cardinals' player". Goodell calmly gets up runs his hand threw his hair and leans on his office chair. thinks for moment and in explosive fit of rage throws his chair threw his office window, calmly walks out for lunch.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice, Peterson, and Dwyer. Proof that running backs cause domestic violence. The NFL should just ban the position to keep our households safe. #BoycottRBs

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be that obligatory guy to chime in. It's not a popular opinion, but it's this kind of stuff that pisses me off.

There's a reason all of this is coming out at one time. NFL players' spouses/girlfriends quite literally have their husbands/boyfriends by the balls. There's a lot of shady shit happening behind the scenes. Now, if domestic abuse actually occurred, that's one thing. But the timing of all of these recent events is way too close together to be merely coincidental, so I am left with the conclusion that there be some gold-diggers afoot trying to get some cash out of their hubby and get the dude out of their lives. Dwyer's incident happened July 21st. 2 months ago. Unless he was keeping his wife chained up in the basement for two months, there is one of two reasons she's speaking up about it now- either 1) it didn't matter to her at the time, and her financial situation comforted her, or 2) it never happened, she blackmailed Dwyer, didn't get what she wanted, and is hoping to make out with some cash before leaving his ass.

One, maybe two high profile domestic violence revelations per week for the past three weeks, IN THE SAME SPORT? Don't tell me the public is this stupid. This has never happened before in NFL or professional sports history.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be that obligatory guy to chime in. It's not a popular opinion, but it's this kind of stuff that pisses me off.

There's a reason all of this is coming out at one time. NFL players' spouses/girlfriends quite literally have their husbands/boyfriends by the balls. There's a lot of shady shit happening behind the scenes. Now, if domestic abuse actually occurred, that's one thing. But the timing of all of these recent events is way too close together to be merely coincidental, so I am left with the conclusion that there be some gold-diggers afoot trying to get some cash out of their hubby and get the dude out of their lives. Dwyer's incident happened July 21st. 2 months ago. Unless he was keeping his wife chained up in the basement for two months, there is one of two reasons she's speaking up about it now- either 1) it didn't matter to her at the time, and her financial situation comforted her, or 2) it never happened, she blackmailed Dwyer, didn't get what she wanted, and is hoping to make out with some cash before leaving his ass.

One, maybe two high profile domestic violence revelations per week for the past three weeks, IN THE SAME SPORT? Don't tell me the public is this stupid. This has never happened before in NFL or professional sports history.

This is all on Goodell. Do you really think that Dwyer would have been a blip on the radar if it weren't for Goodell grandstanding about how he's going to be tough on domestic violence? When Larry Fitzgerald slapped around his son's mom nobody heard about it.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we blame the players?

It's not Roger Goodell's fault, nor the NFLPA's fault.

Whatever happened to personal accountability? Can someone tell me that?

Ray Rice made a choice to ball up his fist and knock his then fiance out.

Dwyer may have done the same thing. (we have to let the process play out to be certain)

Peterson chose to take a switch to a 4 year old.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is on Goodell. He's made this sport so popular to everyone that now it's getting regular play on national news nightly, shit sites like TMZ and every non-football loving person in American now feels the need and interest to comment on the NFL daily. They don't care what's on the field, they want to know the drama off of it because that's how they are. The NFL isn't about the football anymore, it's about the "entertainment". Well enjoy it. It's what it has become and Goodell isn't going anywhere because the NFL is still in the news and still on people's minds.

I hope they do somethings to take it back from the non-fans because the Kardsashian style of fame only lasts for a short while. It's not long standing, it's not stable, it isn't about talent, it's about fucking garbage.

I want MY NFL back.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got Ellington on my fantasy team, can you say Touchdowns? :yahoo:

Seriously though, how stupid can a guy be? With the amount of coverage the Rice/Peterson stories are getting, you'd think other players would realize that now isn't the time (not that there ever is a time) to be beating on your wife. He should be suspended for being a dumbass, and then suspended on top of that for being a piece of shit woman beater.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is on Goodell. He's made this sport so popular to everyone that now it's getting regular play on national news nightly, shit sites like TMZ and every non-football loving person in American now feels the need and interest to comment on the NFL daily. They don't care what's on the field, they want to know the drama off of it because that's how they are. The NFL isn't about the football anymore, it's about the "entertainment". Well enjoy it. It's what it has become and Goodell isn't going anywhere because the NFL is still in the news and still on people's minds.

I hope they do somethings to take it back from the non-fans because the Kardsashian style of fame only lasts for a short while. It's not long standing, it's not stable, it isn't about talent, it's about fucking garbage.

I want MY NFL back.

:agree:

Unfortunately, you & I aren't what drives the NFL, because we will watch anyway. It's the dumbass, low information, TMZ fans that make loud noises and generate page views/ratings.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Animals as a whole seem to be more lovable.