• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona RB Jonathan Dwyer arrested for domestic violence

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure there are plenty of examples of Pre Ray Rice video incidents the twitter mob doesn't know about.

Im just making a point. Let this stuff play out.

You want to be pissed Rice got nothing more then a slap on a wrist from the legal system, now thats something to get up in arms about.

But to not give everyone a fair shot to prove their guilt or innocence is bad.

I think the answer is to outlaw Twitter.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got Ellington on my fantasy team, can you say Touchdowns? :yahoo:

Seriously though, how stupid can a guy be? With the amount of coverage the Rice/Peterson stories are getting, you'd think other players would realize that now isn't the time (not that there ever is a time) to be beating on your wife. He should be suspended for being a dumbass, and then suspended on top of that for being a piece of shit woman beater.

This stuff with Dwyer happened in July. (allegedly)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we blame the players?

It's not Roger Goodell's fault, nor the NFLPA's fault.

Whatever happened to personal accountability? Can someone tell me that?

Ray Rice made a choice to ball up his fist and knock his then fiance out.

Dwyer may have done the same thing. (we have to let the process play out to be certain)

Peterson chose to take a switch to a 4 year old.

Blaming the players just makes too much sense.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blaming the players just makes too much sense.

Everything, no matter what it is, is the fault of a rich white guy somewhere.

Deacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be that obligatory guy to chime in. It's not a popular opinion, but it's this kind of stuff that pisses me off.

There's a reason all of this is coming out at one time. NFL players' spouses/girlfriends quite literally have their husbands/boyfriends by the balls. There's a lot of shady shit happening behind the scenes. Now, if domestic abuse actually occurred, that's one thing. But the timing of all of these recent events is way too close together to be merely coincidental, so I am left with the conclusion that there be some gold-diggers afoot trying to get some cash out of their hubby and get the dude out of their lives. Dwyer's incident happened July 21st. 2 months ago. Unless he was keeping his wife chained up in the basement for two months, there is one of two reasons she's speaking up about it now- either 1) it didn't matter to her at the time, and her financial situation comforted her, or 2) it never happened, she blackmailed Dwyer, didn't get what she wanted, and is hoping to make out with some cash before leaving his ass.

One, maybe two high profile domestic violence revelations per week for the past three weeks, IN THE SAME SPORT? Don't tell me the public is this stupid. This has never happened before in NFL or professional sports history.

According to the article this is the reason why it is just now coming to light.

"Dwyer was arrested Wednesday for investigation in two altercations that occurred on July 21 and 22 at his Phoenix residence, just days before the Cardinals reported to training camp. His wife left the state after the incidents, but came forward a week ago after Dwyer apparently sent suicidal text messages including a photo of a knife."

Police: Cardinals RB Dwyer head-butted wife, broke her nose | FOX Sports

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we blame the players?

It's not Roger Goodell's fault, nor the NFLPA's fault.

Whatever happened to personal accountability? Can someone tell me that?

Ray Rice made a choice to ball up his fist and knock his then fiance out.

Dwyer may have done the same thing. (we have to let the process play out to be certain)

Peterson chose to take a switch to a 4 year old.

The NFL is making up the disciplinary rules as it goes along. But no, let's only criticize the one being disciplined.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish people would stop being so PC the issue is the black community and violence,it has been hush hushed for so long that only now people are really discussing it but not stating that the black male treats women in general like garbage hey look at Tina Turner for example i mean c'mon call me racist or whatever but the black community is very dysfunctional and yes i have black cousins and lived in a very black area of town before.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's getting to the point where the NFL isn't even fun to deal with this season anymore. I don't watch football to hear about stuff that belongs on the Maury Povich show.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Cardinals acted swiftly & got it right by putting him on the NFI list. That means he is done for the year. Handled much better than some of the other teams dealing with these DV situations. I am looking at you 49ers.

After reading the incident report, is apparent that Dwyer has mental issues. Threatening to kill yourself is a red flag.