• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona Diamondbacks Ongoing Thread

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan would probably be able to do some great work with our young arms. It would be amazing to get Corbin, Bradley, Skaggs, etc. that kind of top tier coaching.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would be perfect if it happened. He lives in the valley & retired to tend to his when she was battling cancer. She died earlier this year. Maybe he is ready to get back in the game?

I played baseball against his sons (Shelley and Chris) growing up when they played for CDO. He must have moved north after he retired. That would be HUGE for AZ.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Matt Williams on getting the managerial job for the Nationals. Much deserved and best of luck to him.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys see that obstruction call? Horrible call. Vraig never touched his legs, and he tripped on Middlebrooks' hip as he laid on the ground from making a play on the ball. By the rules, that's not obstruction. Sad to see Joyce inject himself into another game and decide the outcome of a World Series game.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys see that obstruction call? Horrible call. Vraig never touched his legs, and he tripped on Middlebrooks' hip as he laid on the ground from making a play on the ball. By the rules, that's not obstruction. Sad to see Joyce inject himself into another game and decide the outcome of a World Series game.

I saw it. Probably shouldn't have been called but im rooting for the Cards anyway. Screw Boston.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an iffy call, but Boston screwed themselves over by making an errant throw to third base. I was at Buffalo Wild Wings at the time and the place erupted in anger when it happened. Glad Boston lost, scumbag fan base. People were calling for Joyce's head, literally.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, after looking specifically at the rule, it pretty much addresses the exact play. It says that if the fielder is on the ground and the ball passes him, that he is no longer considered as still making the play. So I was wrong on that. I thought it still counted, because it was the result of making the play, so the act of fielding the ball is continued. So, Joyce had cause to make the call. But, more importantly, it says that it's at the discretion of the ump to make the call. I know that if he doesn't make the call, the Cards have a legit gripe, so it's a tough place to be in as an ump, but I just don't think that unless it's completely overt that it's intentionally obstruction, that you make a call that directly decides a WS game. I think you let them play. And, bottomline, as AZ Sun points out, Salty made a very ill-advised throw, and Middlebrooks should have come off the bag, because there was no way he had a chance at the runner, even with a great throw. So, Boston should not have put themselves in that spot to begin with. Just sucks seeing a game end like that. Great game up until that point though!

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the correct call. There were 3 different people watching the game in my house all on different TVs, none of them Cardinals/Redsoxs fans, we all called it immediately as it happen. Obvious call was obvious.

ku-xlarge.gif

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Paul "The Assassin" Goldschmidt on earning the 2013 Hank Aaron Award for most outstanding offensive performer. I'm sure every Dodger and Dodger fan understands exactly how you earned that award. A tip of the hat to you, sir.

:clap:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Votto isn't a finalist for the gold glove I think Goldy has a legit shot. Parra should win hands down. Corbin probably won't but ill be rooting for him.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parra made to many errors last year but that's from hustling and trying to make impossible plays. Some of which he made.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already knew this after the Nick Piecoro piece he wrote after the season finished. KT was looking to acquire a bat via a trade rather than a FA.